Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 21:14   #1
BANNED

Traffic Ticket in Bangalore

ok..so I had parked my car on CMH road and when i return I see western style ticket stuck on my windshield.

***!

We hardly got parking space and I got ticket for parking at a safe place.

I had parked right under P sign. Man i have no time to argue with these people!

The ticket states that they want me to pay the fine at Indranagar Police Station or else I will get a notice at home etc.

Anyone BLRians experienced this before?

It looks like they have modernized interms of issuing parking tickets - but no word on educating people how to drive.

Last edited by microhit : 8th July 2006 at 21:17.
Old 8th July 2006, 22:40   #2
Jay
BHPian

Never noticed such a thing.... Well you have to collect Parking tickets as soon as you park in Brigade Road but ticket issued after parking that too at the right place ( as claimed by you ) is the first that i have heard.
Usually they tow away the vehicle parked at a no parking zone....
Old 8th July 2006, 23:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

Go to the police station. Ask them what exactly they mean (though I doubt they know about that)? Tell them that your car was parked in parking zone....

Let us know..
Old 9th July 2006, 09:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

microhit,

This is a new universal method our cops have started. My brother'd parked his Ikon on Margosa Road, further down GK Vale, and the cops simply came like automatons, stickered his and other cars parked there and went away.No yelling, no botched towing attempts with their Tigers etc.

Apparently our cops now have a centralized computer database of all vehicles registered in Karnataka. No escaping the long arm of the law now! But, I empathize with your situation.
Old 9th July 2006, 09:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Apparently our cops now have a centralized computer database of all vehicles registered in Karnataka. No escaping the long arm of the law now! But, I empathize with your situation.
Sorry, I'm not getting this. What it has to do with Karnataka registration? If the car is parked in parking zone (unless in a wrong manner)...why one should get a ticket? It's not a pre-paid area like Brigade Road!
Old 9th July 2006, 10:16   #6
BHPian

well cmh road has alternating parking, meaning that you are allowed to park on side of the road on one day and the other side the next day. that would be the problem here.
Old 9th July 2006, 10:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Sorry, I'm not getting this. What it has to do with Karnataka registration? If the car is parked in parking zone (unless in a wrong manner)...why one should get a ticket? It's not a pre-paid area like Brigade Road!

Dear Rudra,

What I meant was our cops currently have compiled Karnataka registered vehicles as a 1st cut only, and will be linking up in the near future with their counterparts from across the country(who are also supposed to be doing something similar in their states) to have online computer based access to all-India vehicles registration details. My relative of mine works in the Police Commissioner's office on Nrupatunga Road - so I occasionally hear about some "normal developments" from her from time to time .

And regarding microhit's situation, I've mentioned in my 1st post itself that I support his stance, feel sympathetic for him and believe that he's been wronged (altogether "empathize") by being unduly issued a parking ticket when he'd parked in a legal parking zone in the 1st place

Cheers,
Mahesh

Last edited by theMAG : 9th July 2006 at 10:47.
Old 9th July 2006, 20:22   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy
well cmh road has alternating parking, meaning that you are allowed to park on side of the road on one day and the other side the next day. that would be the problem here.
i think that maybe my problem here!
Old 12th July 2006, 11:42   #9
BHPian

It's the alternate day parking rule. I got burnt once in the same way, tickets stickered on my windshield. Aftert that I make sure that I am parking on the right side. The cops at least dont tow the cars unless its abosolutely necessary. I pity the two wheelers.. which they pick up without batting any eyelid.
Old 12th July 2006, 11:50   #10
BHPian

Cops issuing tickets in BLR.. this is the first time i am hearing it.. ITs a very good development.
Old 12th July 2006, 12:22   #11
BHPian

This happend to in Basavangudi last week.. parked my car in a wrong manner..came back to see a sticker on the windshield..went to the police station and paid a fine of 100 rs... dont neglect the ticket and moreover u cant argue with the cops.. just pay the fine and walkout..
Old 28th April 2009, 15:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Is it mentioned on the parking sing ( or any other board nearby) that parking allowed on so and so days only ?
Old 28th April 2009, 15:35   #13
Team-BHP Support

On CMH road on some days Parking is allowed on left side, and on other days on the right. So its possible that the Parking sign was for Mon-Wed-Thu only etc., and you parked on the wrong side that day.
Mostly the parking sign has the days mentioned
Old 28th April 2009, 15:38   #14
BHPian

My dad had a similar experience in Cochin, he was very surprised to see a "parking ticket" when to the cops and they said it was parked in the correct zone but was parked "causing inconvenience to others" whatever that means.

Finally he paid 100 and went on his way.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:44   #15
BHPian

There is an online payment facility for paying RTO fines in bangalore. Isnt it? If I remember there was a link which was posted wherein you could go and check all fines against your vehicle and also pay them online.

Anybody has that link handy?

~maniac

Most Viewed