Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 08:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

NHAI: Nationwide Toll Plaza Data now online!

In a major effort to improve transparency, National Highways authority of India (NHAI) has managed to put up an entire list of toll plazas within the country online.

The website to access toll plaza information is: http://nhaitis.org or http://nhaitis.org/index.html

Salient features:

- You could pre-search a list of toll plazas that you'll encounter enroute before embarking on a road trip.

- A single toll plaza search. A map depicting a list of toll plazas using a colour coded legend to determine the state of operation of the toll plaza is available on the website.

- The list of toll plazas can be filtered to search for an individual booth and determine the amount one needs to pay for a said category of a vehicle. All advanced information like booth incharge, management and other financial details are available as well.

- You can now determine the legal status of tolls with a quick search.

Kudos to NHAI for using IT in a positive manner for the benefit of us road users.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2014 at 12:50. Reason: Adding http://nhaitis.org/index.html :)
moralfibre is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 08:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: NHAI: Nationwide Toll Plaza Data now online!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Street and Travel Section.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2014 at 12:03. Reason: Street and Travel :)
Old 27th March 2014, 08:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good piece of information.

But, what I would expect from NHAI is that they should introduce some kind of Pre-Paid card with the facility to re-fill online and view transactions. This will help to reduce the time spent on the toll plazas. They can also reward the card users by means of some reward points as well to promote this.
Old 27th March 2014, 09:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

At Purnia, on NH-31, we have two toll plazas within 30 kms of each other. You can see the information here. Justified?
Old 27th March 2014, 10:01   #5
J.Ravi

I find two toll plazas on NH 4 from Bangalore to Chennai route missing: Mulbagal and Chennasamudram. I don't know whether it's case of bureaucratic error or those two toll plazas are illegally-operated.

NHAI: Nationwide Toll Plaza Data now online!-tollplaza.jpg

Old 27th March 2014, 10:28   #6
BHPian

Not sure how updated the info is. I just keyed in Mumbai-Pune/ Mumbai-Bangalore and it is not showing expressway toll .
Old 27th March 2014, 11:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Not sure how updated the info is. I just keyed in Mumbai-Pune/ Mumbai-Bangalore and it is not showing expressway toll .
Does it cover tolls charged by state governments, municipalities, etc.? Probably not. It seems restricted to NHAI tolls. For such a tool to be really useful, it must aggregate information from all sources. But a good start anyway.
risga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 11:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Similarly, on Bangalore-Kochi, Attibelle and Coimbatore L&T missing!

The sign board at Trichur (Paliyekkara) toll displayed Rs. 55 for cars and they collected only Rs. 50. As per this website, the rate is Rs. 50 only.
Old 27th March 2014, 11:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Similarly, on Bangalore-Kochi, Attibelle and Coimbatore L&T missing!

The sign board at Trichur (Paliyekkara) toll displayed Rs. 55 for cars and they collected only Rs. 50. As per this website, the rate is Rs. 50 only.
If you open the pdf files in the NHAI web site that contains details on toll fare, none of them have been updated to what is being collected presently. I hope the initiative taken by NHAI to show toll locations across the country is kept LIVE.
Old 27th March 2014, 14:49   #10
BHPian

Re: NHAI: Nationwide Toll Plaza Data now online!

None of the links given above are currently working.
Please check.
Thanks
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 14:50   #11
BHPian

Guys, was this website launched on a trial basis or under testing? When you click on the hyperlink, it says website under construction. The irony is amusing - under construction!
delta5 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 16:23   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Guys, was this website launched on a trial basis or under testing? When you click on the hyperlink, it says website under construction. The irony is amusing - under construction!
I doubt it was under trial because TOI has an article on it in today's edition. But, the upcoming elections could be one of the reasons that they rolled it out in haste. Unfortunately, I could only browse through it on my cell since the website is blocked at my workplace.
Old 27th March 2014, 18:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Try this - nhaitis.org/index.html

desktop browsers at times dont crawl for index, if not specified.
adityasiera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 19:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I doubt it was under trial because TOI has an article on it in today's edition. But, the upcoming elections could be one of the reasons that they rolled it out in haste. Unfortunately, I could only browse through it on my cell since the website is blocked at my workplace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Try this - nhaitis.org/index.html

desktop browsers at times dont crawl for index, if not specified.
Thanks guys, it seems to be up and running now. May be they were out for lunch when I checked in earlier.
On a serious note, It's a pretty decent effort from them but I guess it would work lot cheaper for them to collaborate with Google and let google host the info instead. And google can add it to their mobile apps like another layer of filter or so. I also did notice lot many BOT Tollbooths are conspicuous with their absence. I hope these missing booths are added soon, so that the site can provide a complete information and serve its purpose.

Last edited by delta5 : 27th March 2014 at 19:48.
delta5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 10:14   #15
BHPian

It's a really good thing. We can have an idea about how much to pay for tolls while planning the trip itself, and where the toll plazas are located. Sometimes on long drives, we take a 1-hour nap near the well-lit area near the toll plaza. Now we can have a clear idea about how much to reach the next toll plaza. Kudos to NHAI for this move!

Most Viewed