Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 16:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space

Hi all, Here is a live example of obstructive parking pattern in Atta Market and Bikanerwala at Sector 18 Noida on the main road. On both sides of the road the vehicles are parked in a very unsophisticated manner which leads to traffic jams and killing of the driving space.

Here are some pics of the same.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0866.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0867.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0870.jpg

Now, Because of this uncivilized parking just have a look how the traffic jam is created.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0868.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0871.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0865.jpg

What I fail to understand is that, How come such big buildings are not equipped to park the cars ?

Thanks

AD
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:17   #32
BHPian

Car pooling as many of you have suggested seems to be the best way forward to reduce such a commotion that we have on our Indian roads.
The IT sector needs to boost this via employee engagement programs and offering incentives to employees who car pool and thereby save the much needed parking space.
maverick.munish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:13   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
Car pooling as many of you have suggested seems to be the best way forward to reduce such a commotion that we have on our Indian roads.
I would say the IT companies need to have more efficient, SAFER, reliable transportation than employ indicabs, Tavera's and Sumo's who are reckless and unsafe. More importantly initiative from the government to provide good public transport (cheap price and safe again) be enforced so employees prefer it.

Once the employees do not get these they have no choice but to get their own vehicles.

The other issue is when the company provides transport they'll club employees from a specific area so that transport cost is less on the company but an individual will want to go early or come late so in such cases he gets his own vehicle.

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Just see how messed up is the parking situation in Delhi. The pics are of Rajendra Place, New Delhi.

1) Uncivilized Parking.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0894.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0893.jpg

Parking attendant said "Log 8-10 Lakh ki car kharid lete hei par jeb mei dene ko 20Rs nahi hei"

Means: People buy car worth 8-10 Lakhs rupees but don't have 20 Rupees to pay for parking.

2) See the Queue developing due to this non-sensible parking.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0884.jpg

3) The final solution to the parking problem. The cars are towed away.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0886.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo0896.jpg

Thanks

AD
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:09   #35
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Very relevant topic.
The problem gets compounded in residential areas where we have narrower roads and some people really seem to care a damn causing others to suffer the brunt of their actions.
As an example look at how this Piaggio goods auto/mini truck has parked on the street.
Luckily I found the driver after a 10 minute search - he had a very 'cool' reason - "it was too hot so I parked in the shade"

Notice that one half of the street is gone for 'regular' parking and if the other half is taken by such morons how do others use the road ?
There are some people who even vanish after parking like this leaving no way for residents to enter or leave the street in their vehicles.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-how-not-park.jpg

Bottom line - IMHO it is discipline each one of us needs to inculcate to improve the situation. Also, better enforcement and heftier fines may help as well.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd May 2014 at 18:10.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:26   #36
BHPian

Anurag

I couldn't agree more.
Our organisation provides a feedback form to all employees for every quarterly review of the cab services wherein we get to rate the quality of services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I would say the IT companies need to have more efficient, SAFER, reliable transportation than employ indicabs, Tavera's and Sumo's who are reckless and unsafe. More importantly initiative from the government to provide good public transport (cheap price and safe again) be enforced so employees prefer it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Once the employees do not get these they have no choice but to get their own vehicles.

The other issue is when the company provides transport they'll club employees from a specific area so that transport cost is less on the company but an individual will want to go early or come late so in such cases he gets his own vehicle.

Anurag.
Yet I do agree that for employees who desire to leave early and/or come late, there are cabs available at multiple times during the day. However i do believe that it is not feasible for all companies, yet a very potent alternative could be car pooling wherein like minded employees join hands to travel to/from work together.
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:29   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

3) The final solution to the parking problem. The cars are towed away.
No use buddy. Tow the cars a million times, things will NOT change. Park the same car that is towed away in the picture, after a few days same thing will repeat.

I can 'somewhat' understand if the uneducated citizens do such things but even the educated set behave the same way in absurd parking nothing can be done.

Clearly there will be a 'No Parking' board but there will a car standing under that board. These people think the government has a lot of time, money and manpower to make the boards, paint them with the needed colors and fonts and then fix it in that area.

If something happens (Accident or any untoward incident) all the citizens start blaming the police, government for not organising things for smooth traffic flow etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
Yet I do agree that for employees who desire to leave early and/or come late, there are cabs available at multiple times during the day. However i do believe that it is not feasible for all companies, yet a very potent alternative could be car pooling wherein like minded employees join hands to travel to/from work together.
I agree that car pooling is a possibility and not all IT companies have that financial ability to provide cabs 24x7 for the employees who need to go at odf times.

Why can't there be public transport also?

Why can't the government and the IT companies tie-up and set facilities that help the public. Why is that the IT company should bear everything? Why can't it be an hand-in-hand initiative which benefit all the three entities (Public aka employees + Government + IT companies).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 19:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Here are some pics to show how the obstructive parking can reduce the driving space. The pics are of the lane opposite to Hotel Siddarth in Rajendra Place, New Delhi.

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo1006.jpg

Street Parking: Obstructing traffic & reducing our driving space-photo1007.jpg

The pics clearly show the uncivilized culture of the "educated" people who keep the driving/ parking ethics at bay without even thinking as to how will any other motorist shall drive on the road.

Thanks

AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks