Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 12:02   #106
BHPian

Re: Time to own up: What's your national car trait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Ive noticed this too. Cars, truck when they break down will just sit whereever they break down. Nobody seems to think of moving them of the road and fix it there. Also, what i find interesting that apparently the way to warn other traffic is to put several very large rocks in a line behind the stranded car/truck

Jeroen
Yes it happens often and I believe these HMV owners/drivers don't have a triangular reflector as mandatory which I'd witnessed with every cager in Bangalore. Indian truckers also use heavy weight stones for pedalling/putting over accelerators to maintain steady/sedate decent speed on highways.

Best practice in my high opinion is to take stranded vehicle towards roadside asap, put reflector at appropriate distance and fix the issue. Traffic jams are major problems because car is not a luxury thing now, almost every person can afford it and we don't have roads to deal with such unprecedented traffic growth!
Old 16th June 2014, 12:41   #107
BHPian

One thing i would like to add is that almost all of us forget how it was for us when we were learning to drive. But after becoming good at driving we forget all of our experiences and simply get angry when any new person is learning to drive in front of us. This i realised while sitting next to my wife who is a relatively new driver. I mean the amount of reactions people give makes me wonder as if all of them are in a rally and every minute counts.
nityaya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 19:47   #108
BHPian

One trait I have specifically observed in Pune:

- Display of badges hanging from the IRVM showing that the person is affiliated to some political party, deriving some cheap pleasure. These are the round ones made of ribbons usually displayed on the kurtas of people from political backgrounds probably showing their seniority in the party the belong to.
Old 9th March 2015, 20:31   #109
Senior - BHPian

Having spent most of my life in Hyderabad, thought it might be interesting to share a few things I've noticed in Bangalore:

Everyone's hazard lights madly blink during rains
People never budge or move to the left even when honked at (seems to be some ego thing)
Old 11th March 2015, 15:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
As Jeroen mentioned correctly, slotting in 1st initially is essential in many vehicles if you intend to slot into reverse. Have observed this in the Safari for instance. Yet somehow over a period of time this became a superstition of sorts. Almost all my friends do this, to the effect that even I had started following this at one point

I know of one guy who has the plastic covers on his back seat even after 3 years !!
I also do that it has become a superstition of sorts!! I started following it after I saw my dad do it whenever he started the car.

I can beat that my friend has the plastic cover on the rear seat till date in his 2006 Maruti Suzuki Esteem LXi!!
Old 11th March 2015, 15:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
. Also, what i find interesting that apparently the way to warn other traffic is to put several very large rocks in a line behind the stranded car/truck

Jeroen
Wait till you come to Pune.
The means of warning here is by placing a few branches of whichever tree/plant you can find in the vicinity and mount it on the rear end of the vehicle (usually the bumper/boot). That's it.

Oh by the way, this is ALSO the official way used by the Govt organizations like Municipal corporation, when they dig up the roads or even more hazardous, when the manholes have missing covers!!!

Somewhat like this:
Old 27th April 2015, 00:18   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
One trait I have specifically observed in Pune:

- Display of badges hanging from the IRVM showing that the person is affiliated to some political party, deriving some cheap pleasure. These are the round ones made of ribbons usually displayed on the kurtas of people from political backgrounds probably showing their seniority in the party the belong to.

I have seen that even in Mumbai. Seen Mostly on SUVs. Always wondered if those dangling badges helped them escape paying tolls!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks