Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 02:16   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I can only think of 1 way to park this Fortuner.

1. Place 4 slabs of thick Ice blocks outside the gap in the same position as the tyres.

2. Drive the Fortuner over the ice blocks

3. Push and slide the vehicle into the gap

4. Wait for the ice to melt

Come morning and it will look like a super parking job
The ice blocks would have broken/cracked due to the weight of the Fortuner.

Hope someone has sent this image to Toyota. They would have and felt good thinking it is a perfect city car as it can maneuver into tight spots.

Edit: Upon zooming into the picture, I can see some 'red' object under the front and rear overhang. This either could the jacks used for moving the car or red-eye types when clicking the image.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th April 2014 at 02:22.
Old 30th April 2014, 07:13   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fortuner: Insane parking!

The vehicle would have slipped off the ice blocks even before you try to push.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 08:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

I like to think the Fortuner was pushed in using a lift or jack. If the Toyota got there on its own power, then God save the clutch, gearbox and the steering joints.

PS: Maybe the owner got a sneak peak into tsk' very informative thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-useless.html
Old 30th April 2014, 08:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Edit: Upon zooming into the picture, I can see some 'red' object under the front and rear overhang. This either could the jacks used for moving the car or red-eye types when clicking the image.
Is it visible to the naked human eye?

May be they are dead pixels
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 09:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

I am kind of veering back to my original view about the Fortuner being placed there on a set of hydraulic jacks. The skid marks may be older and dont directly prove that it was driven in.
The other point that is kind of a pointer is that the beast has a fairly noisy diesel engine, and any amount of trying to squeeze it in would take a fairly long time. Time enough for people to be alerted and venture out to see what was going on.
I am of the opinion , that the irate driver, may not have desired the attention , because he knew he was doing something wrong (however sweet revenge might be to him personally).
That is why, I think he may have opted for just rolling it in. I admit all the theories are just conjecture. We'll probably never know - unless someone has filmed the act and puts it up in the public domain.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:46   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post

Time enough for people to be alerted and venture out to see what was going on.
I am of the opinion , that the irate driver, may not have desired the attention , because he knew he was doing something wrong
1) I don't know why, but, this could be a planned act (Cant think why!)

2) This whole thing could have been done when the family isn't at home.

3) Look at the facial expression of the person standing beside the Fortuner. I can see him confused+sad.

4) The owner had got a ticket for wrong parking or for blocking the traffic so to solve the issue the car was put in this.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th April 2014 at 09:48.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:20   #67
BHPian

Wouldn't it be more easier using an inflatable type of jack as rollers under the car.
Old 30th April 2014, 13:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If the Toyota got there on its own power, then God save the clutch, gearbox and the steering joints.
Don't worry the Fortuner can take atleast this much of abuse!
Old 30th April 2014, 13:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

I think our eyes are playing a trick and a brilliant photographer.
Old 30th April 2014, 16:55   #70
D4D
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st May 2014 at 18:11.
D4D is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th April 2014, 17:05   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know why people are believing the caption of the picture. If the driver parked it for some reason, where the house owners (& the car owners) sleeping? Please take a notice of the fact that the entry/ exit to the house is also blocked due to this kind of parking.

Either this is a photoshop trick or just some above average skilled guy has parked this way, taken a photograph and posted on social media to sensationalize it!

Last edited by saket77 : 30th April 2014 at 17:07.
Old 30th April 2014, 17:49   #72

This is possible only with the help of some lifting equipment. As Anurag mentioned there seems to bee some sort of red object behind the rear wheel. Another possibility is he removed the bumpers and parked it and then put them on for the photo :-D
Old 30th April 2014, 18:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
May be the house was constructed around a parked Fortuner!
I agree with saket

See this news

A tractor owned by Kadapra panchayat in Tiruvalla taluk cannot be used as it has been trapped behind a staircase leading to the first floor of the panchayat office.
The panchayat constructed a staircase near the porch a year ago. But, the authorities did not take any step to remove the tractor from the porch even after the works started,” M Mathai, a farmer said.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2189990.ece
Old 30th April 2014, 18:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
2) This whole thing could have been done when the family isn't at home. Anurag.

Anurag ji....
Some more conjecture - and some opinions.

If the story of the 'irate' driver is indeed true...

Who would he have handed the keys to, if no one was home? And, if the keys were not handed in immediately
a) but later, then he would have had to potentially face the greater risk of the owner's ire due to the Fortuner's position.
b) and never at all - then - he would have risked a manhunt launched by the police at the owner's behest. (Quite possible considering the car in question is a relatively expensive Fortuner, which speaks of the owner's financial and/or social clout).

So, I am safely assuming he did indeed hand over the keys to someone in the owner's family immediately after the incident. Also I am assuming that the person who he handed the keys over to - did not or could not (more likely) go and check on the car when the hand over took place. We see this in metros quite a lot.
i.e driver hands the keys over to a busy manservant or an elderly live-in relative and then walks off. The owner is none the wiser about the condition of the car when keys are handed over.

In fact, I would say that given the noisy engine, if the car was indeed parked in, then the driver probably handed the car over to an elderly relative of the owner who was incidentally hard of hearing and could not discern the engine noise from other ambient sounds.

Last edited by joybhowmik : 30th April 2014 at 18:15.
Old 30th April 2014, 18:11   #75
BANNED

It reminded me of this old thread. . post number 7 - on how they did it!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...et-impala.html
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks