Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 20:36   #46
BHPian

If you are interested in mapping new roads, there is nothing to beat the ease of Waze. You can edit live map using Firefox browser at HTTP://world.waze.com
Old 17th August 2014, 19:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Marking Speed Breakers on Maps & Apps

I have always been looking for a way to warm me about the infamous speed breakers of mysore road while in navigation mode. Finally I have a solution. Here is what I did

1, Got the kml file from Nibu (triedeverything) mentioned in the very first post of this thread, Thank you Nibu.
2. Converted it to csv using http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
3. I have sygic navigation in my Android phone. This application allows to create custom POIs. I used the above csv file to create a custom POI input file in .rupi format (after filtering only the speedbreaker info from Nibu's file).
for Details : http://help.sygic.com/hc/en-us/artic...-POIs-to-Sygic
4. Imported the above custom POI file to my phone and gave it a unique picture.
5. Configured Sygic to warm me about these POIs if I am within 1km using a custom alert sound.

Hurray.. Sygic now alerts me as soon as I am close to a speed breaker visually in my phone screen and via a sound. It shows the distance to the hump from around 950m onwards. Only issue I observed is that sygic shows that the distance from custom POI ( in this case a speed breaker) even after crossing it.

If you want to test it out, you can create a simple csv of few points of your regular route and import it is custom POI. This is how I did a proof of concept.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks