Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 16:31   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^Why not register your mom or some other family member as first time user and book the ride? Then you can have your cake and eat it too!
I already have 3 uber accounts with diff. Numbers I used the free first ride in those already.

Now I have a 300, first 2 rides 200, and a 750 coupon code but all are new customer.

They know how to hook you onto uber but that may not be enough to keep a person loyal.
Old 14th September 2014, 10:31   #107
BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
@ Vysakh - Good that you reported that guy!!
Got a reply after a couple of days. The standard 'apologies', 'no tolerance policy' and 150rs credit.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 18:23   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Must say, Uber has definitely expanded its fleet size in Mumbai. I've used the App about 4 times in 2 weeks and each time, irrespective of time & location, my cab arrived in 10 minutes or less.
See what I mean? Used them 3 times yesterday. Waiting period consistently less than 10 minutes. 1 Altis and 2 Innovas.....haven't gotten a premium Euro in over a month though

Uber rocks if you're visiting an area with zero parking, or on late nights out.

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-20140913-07.39.27.png

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2014 at 18:24.
Old 14th September 2014, 20:53   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
See what I mean? Used them 3 times yesterday. Waiting period consistently less than 10 minutes. 1 Altis and 2 Innovas.....haven't gotten a premium Euro in over a month though

Uber rocks if you're visiting an area with zero parking, or on late nights out.

Attachment 1287549
The cheaper Uber X with Etios, sx4 should be on Mumbai roads soon as per the uber driver I got yesterday.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 00:30   #110
BHPian

Pic travel every week to airport in Bangalore and has been using Uber Black regularly. Most of the times, I get an Innova which maintained very well with a decent driver. The only problem is early morning airport drop from HSR layout as the cabs are not available.

I have used Uber to return from Indiranagar after an office dinner and it costed me Rs 200 at night 1:00 am. It is much cheaper than booking a car from travel agency.
Old 15th September 2014, 10:35   #111
Senior - BHPian

Uber X launching in Mumbai, Chennai & Pune today.

I have used the black about 5 -6 times in Chennai and availability has always been pretty good. Have got Innova's for all my trips. Has anyone got any other vehicles in Chennai ?
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:21   #112
Senior - BHPian

Their fleet composition is different for different cities. Bangalore seems to have slightly more premium vehicles than Mumbai.

For Uber Black, sample vehicles in Mumbai are Toyota Innova, Volkswagen Vento, Nissan Sunny whereas for Bangalore it changes to Toyota Innova, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Honda City.

For Uber X its Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios, Tata Manza in Mumbai; Toyota Etios, Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Fiesta in Bangalore.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:54   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Great news.... except: the Innova is still part of "Black".

As has been mentioned before, it feels like >50% of Uber's in Mumbai are Innovas, so this ends up being bad for our wallets and for the 'luxury' part of it too (though i love the innova's comfort):

Uber Black (many cars available)
Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-screenshot_20140915114623.png

Uber X (not so many)
Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-screenshot_20140915114632.png

cya
R
Old 15th September 2014, 12:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have used the black about 5 -6 times in Chennai and availability has always been pretty good. Have got Innova's for all my trips. Has anyone got any other vehicles in Chennai ?

Just travelled from Perambur to Airport in UberX in Chennai.
Got a Ford Fiesta and the fare was 497 including the 100 for airport toll.

Used uber black for 5 trips in past two days and got Innova four times and a Honda city once.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:24   #115
BHPian

I was in Delhi all of last week and used uberx about 17 times. I think it's great value for money, especially the ease of booking and the not having to pull out cash Everytime you get out. Of course, my credit card statement is going to be a killer.

I think Uber works well in a place like Delhi where taxis and autos charge you arbitrary rates but in Bombay, at least where I live, there's always plenty of black and yellows and autos available.

I also had an awkward moment where I got dropped off by my office cab and then I needed an Uber and got the same driver. He apparently moonlights for Uber post office hours.

Last edited by djpeesh : 15th September 2014 at 12:29.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Great news.... except: the Innova is still part of "Black".
R
Yeah Rehaan, I have been getting only Innova's here in Chennai for my Uber Black bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Just travelled from Perambur to Airport in UberX in Chennai.
Got a Ford Fiesta and the fare was 497 including the 100 for airport toll.

Used uber black for 5 trips in past two days and got Innova four times and a Honda city once.
Ok, so they do have other vehicles too... I wonder if there are any luxury cars in their fleet here. This Rs.100 airport toll is a total rip off for Chennai since there is no toll road to reach the airport and one obviously doesn't pay for parking when you're getting dropped off !

On another note I have stopped using Ola Cabs after they almost made me miss a flight and never bothered to respond to an emailed complaint . Been using Taxiforsure over the last month and they are pretty good too, although I miss the 'no night charges' on Ola.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 15th September 2014 at 12:30.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
This Rs.100 airport toll is a total rip off for Chennai since there is no toll road to reach the airport and one obviously doesn't pay for parking when you're getting dropped.
I noticed that Uber still charges a round trip toll between Delhi and gurgaon, even though it's been scrapped. I wonder why that is. They haven't yet responded to my email about it.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 12:46   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I noticed that Uber still charges a round trip toll between Delhi and gurgaon, even though it's been scrapped. I wonder why that is. They haven't yet responded to my email about it.
I am not extremely sure about this, going by what a Uber driver was telling me. He said toll-tax is collected for taxis going to Delhi from Gurgaon at the border, but not the other way round, ie- a yellow board entering Gurgaon from Delhi. He said, the driver pays cash and it is added to the bill amount.
It should definitely not be a round trip definitely. How much is the amount?
Old 15th September 2014, 13:08   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Uber in bangalore is offering 50% discount for airport to city travel.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140915_130647.png
Views: 27877
Size:  26.7 KB

Will try it in coming travel and see how it is.
khan_sultan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:13   #120
BHPian

Rates in delhi have been slashed by Uber. This is for UberBlack. New rates, as per the email received today morning, are below:

Base Fare: INR 75
per Km: INR 18
Per Min: INR 2
Minimum Fare: INR 175

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks