Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 20:25   #31
Pal
BHPian

Re: Tractor pulls out a sinking Dzire from Diveagar Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nothing compared to this Q7 swimming in Gujarat

GTO Sirji, just a little correction - that is surely a Q3!

As for my Gujarati bhai whose erstwhile vivid imagination of the oceanic capabilities of his Quattro technik equipped "OD" must have led to it's sad demise, I would like to present him with a stone wall. To do this -> :

Last edited by Stratos : 9th September 2014 at 09:13. Reason: Reducing the number of smileys
Pal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 21:39   #32
BHPian

Really saddening visuals. The driver would have never anticipated this leisure trip will turn this bad. The entry of salt water into parts is really going to make the things worker.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 22:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

And this happened in Chennai... not so long ago!

Tractor pulls out a sinking Dzire from Diveagar Beach-photo.jpg
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 22:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw this Maruti Swift Dzire submerged to some extent at Diveagar Beach, Maharashtra.

Apparently, the owner parked the car on the beach and went for a swim, came back to find the car submerged in sea water.
HAHAHAHA... Did you check out their attire? Perfect for the occasion.
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 23:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Couldn't resist this 'selfie' opportunity-

Taken at Muzhuppilangad drive-in beach, the only one in South India.
Attachment 1282999

One of the golden rules about driving on a beach though is to drive and not stop for long, let alone parking it and going for swim. The other golden rule is to give the car a thorough detailing + underbody wash once the fun is over!
Beautiful pic, there, crazy driver..! You should sell it to Fiat for advertising their punto..!! And ask for royality bonus in form of an Abarth 500.
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 02:31   #36
BHPian

Dzire diesel being more heavier is definitely a pain to pull out from such "sticky" situations. Had a horrible incidence at office with my Dzire VDI. Had parked my car on the side(not on tarmac) on a seemingly dry and rocky surface. After a sudden downpour the area got all wet and muddy. I cranked the engine, put on reverse and accelerated. Car nudged a bit and then the front wheels started rolling leading to the front getting sunk in deeper. Due to the heavy engine the front just kept on sinking till the bottom of the engine rested on a concrete manhole beneath all the filth. Now the front 2 wheels of my car were free to roll while the engine rested on the manhole. Worst part of this ordeal was that this the car could not be pulled back since it would scrape off the entire underbody and ofcourse the engine. I had to call a crane that pulled it up first and then placed it on the side. Sigh!!

Now evertime I park my car I make sure the surface would not give up. Not sure if a petrol Dzire would have met the same fate.
Old 9th September 2014, 02:39   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
And this happened in Chennai... not so long ago!
I used to stay within a walking distance of Thiruvanmiyur beach for more than a year and can guarantee that the sand is too soft for any such stunts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Beautiful pic, there, crazy driver..! You should sell it to Fiat for advertising their punto..!! And ask for royality bonus in form of an Abarth 500.
Thank you.

The pic was clicked by fellow member KarthikK. He loves Abarth and even has his Punto Abarthified, so I guess he can give it a try.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:54   #38
BHPian

Murudeshwar (in coastal Karnataka) is a popular tourist destination with a temple located on the sea beach. During peak season, the parking lot gets crowded and many vehicles (cars and buses) are allowed to park on the beach at a place which is much farther than what the waves can reach.
Due to such parking (close to the sea), it is quite tempting for anyone to give a try on driving along the sea shore ( especially on waves). In 2011 october, i once witnessed a group of enthusiasts in an old maruti omni getting ready for such a drive with both the doors opened (to have more fun). The drive started and they had gone only 10-20 meters and it struck to my mind that i could capture a video of it. Before i could start recording, the vehicle stopped suddenly and they spent next 40 min or so in getting the vehicle repaired/moved !!!

Apparently the water had gone into some engine parts of the vehicle and they had to use every technique that they knew to get it moving. In the end, they might not have got the feel of riding on the waves but the experience of repairing and pushing the vehicle with the waves hitting them gently was quite memorable, i would say.
n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 13:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The point is that the bull is like a DC series motor. Humungous torque at zero RPM.
While the context and analogy was almost completely lost elsewhere, I must appreciate this ! As someone who designed drives for these motors, I more than agree!

On the other hand, there is an "organised" scam running in some West Bengal beaches. The locals lure you into the "wetsand" and then when you are stuck, will instigate and irritate you into making the mess worse, and then offer help at crazy prices : thereafter, either a tractor is called in or several villagers just pull it out! Some BHPian mentioned this in one of his travelogues as well!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 9th September 2014 at 13:29.
Old 9th September 2014, 22:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
On the other hand, there is an "organised" scam running in some West Bengal beaches. The locals lure you into the "wetsand" and then when you are stuck, will instigate and irritate you into making the mess worse, and then offer help at crazy prices : thereafter, either a tractor is called in or several villagers just pull it out! Some BHPian mentioned this in one of his travelogues as well!

Yes, that's absolutely true! The "Mandarmoni" beach would be on the top of this list.

What is even worse that the many hotels/resorts in Mandoarmoni have their entrances through the beach . In other words, you cannot reach these hotels unless you drive through the beach! So for many new visitors, the chances of getting stuck in the wet sand is quite high. Once you are stuck there, you may end up paying several thousands rupees for being "rescued" by the local scamsters.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:45   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Actually I know a ........

.............The point is that the bull is like a DC series motor. Humungous torque at zero .
Hello Alpha 1,

That was spot on. A bullock (or two !) can exert huge tractive power from near standstill, a fact that can often be overlooked !
Old 11th September 2014, 18:57   #42
BHPian

Now thats one way to wash your car :P
Would it be a good idea to crank your car once it has water inside the engine bay? Wouldnt cranking the car mess up the electical system,if there are any wires which are not sealed well!!
Old 12th September 2014, 11:02   #43
BHPian

Hi,

The recent flood in Vadodara (Baroda) City and Earlier flood in 2005 had many instances of people loosing a car to flood rather causally than by act of God.

In 2005, many of them drove to the Vishwamatri river bank area to see the water.
After parking the car on road with around 1 feet of water flowing over it, people walked to see a close look.

Suddenly there was huge shout and we could see the cars shaking & moving in 1 feet deep water due to strong surge in water current.
A Wagon-R Toppled but got stuck on lamp-post.
None of the cars were on its place and people joined to push the car to safe distance before starting. Pushing was easy as it was semi-floating.

Please never try to test the flood waters or go near it for casual watch.

Last edited by Wanderers : 12th September 2014 at 11:03.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post

Please never try to test the flood waters or go near it for casual watch.

During the last month's heavy rains in Delhi, my cousin tried to do a stunt. He crossed a flooded street on his Dzire Diesel. And in the middle of the pool engine died. He cranked the engine but nothing happened.

Had to get the car towed. Showed it to my uncle's age old mechanic. I don't know the details but the engine started. Now he has given some additive to mix with diesel every time tank is filled. I dont really know what that oil will do, but the car has lost original performance and many times engine dies in the middle of nowhere.
Old 14th September 2014, 13:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
Murudeshwar (in coastal Karnataka) ....In 2011 october, i once witnessed a group of enthusiasts in an old maruti omni getting ready for such a drive with both the doors opened (to have more fun). ....
Saw a similar incident some time back on the Murudeshwara beach. A family in a Wagon R had parked the car a few feet from the sea. I guess they forgot/did not realise that it was low tide. And when the tide came in,
it needed a bunch of people to push the car over to firmer sands.. but the car had taken in some water and the cabin was completely flooded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks