Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 13:58   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Saw today that I've got a 10% cashback on my Fastag usage. The cashback is a good incentive to popularize the scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag.jpg  

sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 16:05   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
At the Krishnagiri toll plaza, I was allowed to enter the exclusive FASTag lane. Somebody came out with a hand-held scanner and scanned the windshield tag. So far, no toll has been deducted. I didn't get sms too.

During my last Bangalore-Chennai drive also, P Cheetah had a free passage through the Krishnagiri toll plaza.

Attachment 1519249
Same happened with me as well when I crossed this toll last month. They used the hand held device, but the money never got deducted. This has happened twice with me.

And it looks like, now non-fastag vehicles are not allowed in the Fastag lane here. I noticed this when I crossed this toll yesterday. Hope they stick to this because this is one of the crowded toll plaza.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 16:56   #348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Surely a bad scene. The plan to make Fast-Tag mandatory should have been after they enable automatic toll collection across the critical mass of highways. Looks like not the case. I really hope it improves.

I was hoping to make a case where they can decouple the user account from the vehicle. That part should be configurable as per user requirement and not hard coded. Not sure if its implemented that way.
Classic chicken and egg situation. I hope they are able to get it working all across the land. I remember in the 1989-91, when driving in France even though you swiped the credit card at all booths the account showed up only one entry for a day.
Old 20th June 2016, 19:51   #349
j76
BHPian

Initially when I travelled the Mumbai-Pune expressway there were issues. It didnt recognise a couple of times. Then once I got charged Rs.117 at entry toll and Rs.117 at the exit toll, instead of the Rs.195 I would have paid for the full stretch. I had to raise a ticket subsequently and they refunded the excess amount.

I am happy to report that the last trip to Pune was perfect. I got charged Rs.117 at the first toll, and at the second toll I got charged the remaining Rs.78 (195-117). It automatically detected I had already been charged at the first toll and that I needed to pay only the difference.
The same pleasant experience continued on my return trip. They are fixing things, albeit slowly.
j76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 08:02   #350
BHPian

Entering Bangalore on Old Chennai Highway aka NH4, at Hoskote, found that the fatstag was not working though the lane existed and was well marked. The toll booth operator of the lane asked the guard to raise the boom barrier manually and allow me to pass without paying the 17/00 toll afterI told him that I want my tag to be debited. This was on 13th June. Saved 17/00 but will not get the discount of 1/70.
Old 21st June 2016, 10:56   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

How does the FASTag work in places where there is variable pricing depending on kilometres travelled?

For example in cases like a ring road where there can be many combinations of entry-exit points with different pricing for each combination
Similar things exist on Highways like NE1 or YE.

Is there any such place which permits FASTag right now...I guess not.

Logically, it not difficult-two scans and price deducted after the second scan.
But will be interesting to see how it happens in the real world (Whenever it happens)
Old 21st June 2016, 11:32   #352
BHPian

FasTag is only accepted at one toll between Hyderabad and Bangalore presently but will be accepted on more soon.

Names of the tolls and the rates (effective 1st April 2016) :
(1) JLN ORR (Shamshabad) : 20 (assuming start from Gachibowli)
(2) Raikal (Shadnagar-Balanagr) : 58
(3) Shakhapur (Jadcherla-Kothakotta) : 56
(4) Pullur (Just before Kurnool) : 95
(5) Amakathadu (Veldurthi-Dhone) : 95
(6) Kasepalli (Just after Gooty) : 90
(7) Marur (After Anantpur) : 95
(8) Bagepalli (AP/KA Border) : 80
(9) Navayuga Davanahalli (Bangalore Airport) : 80
Total : 669

I do not think that FasTag will be acceptable at (1) as that belongs to HMDA (a state Govt entity) and not NHAI.

FasTag is accepted at (2) and the process is smooth except for non FasTag vehicles hogging the lane.

At (3), no work is on and they do not even know what is FasTag.

At (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), activity is going on. Dedicated lanes are being readied and boards being put up.

No activity at (9) though an ETC lane exists but that ETC is different from FasTag.
Old 21st June 2016, 11:42   #353
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
(9) Navayuga Davanahalli (Bangalore Airport)
No activity at (9) though an ETC lane exists but that ETC is different from FasTag.
Lane 2 had a FasTag signage and per the attendant it was working - this was in May when I was returning home from the Bangalore Airport - see my earlier post here
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 15:01   #354
BHPian

Around a month back, had seen this board at Khaniwade toll plaza on NH8 in Maharashtra ( Talasari--Mumbai stretch ) which read --

" Caution - Non Fastag vehicles entering Fastag lane will be charged double the amount " .

Not sure if it's being implemented strictly but surprisingly, the Fastag lane ( working) had no traffic when all other lanes witnessed long queues.

On NH4 in MH, Fastag or ETC lanes as termed in MH, have been working at few tolls last 5 months. They are--
1. Kini and Taswade tolls ( Kolhapur--Satara sector)
2. Urse Talegaon and Khalapur tolls (Pune -- Mumbai expressway). I think this has already been updated in the thread and the ones on Expressway are operational since an year, no ??
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:05   #355
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
" Caution - Non Fastag vehicles entering Fastag lane will be charged double the amount " .

Not sure if it's being implemented strictly but surprisingly, the Fastag lane ( working) had no traffic when all other lanes witnessed long queues.
This signage is there at almost all the dedicated FasTag lanes. However, it will take some more time for the implementation of this rule
Old 28th June 2016, 16:32   #356

I have applied the FASTag on 22nd at ICICI bommanahalli branch still I have not received the RFID. Can any one confirm how much time will take to get activate.
Old 28th June 2016, 16:45   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
I have applied the FASTag on 22nd at ICICI bommanahalli branch still I have not received the RFID. Can any one confirm how much time will take to get activate.
It should take 3 to 7 days.
Call them and check because sometimes there may be some problems.
I got it in 13 days because of some minor issues.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 17:39   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Lane 2 had a FasTag signage and per the attendant it was working - this was in May when I was returning home from the Bangalore Airport - see my earlier post here
I also noticed the big FASTag signage today on Lane 2 of the BLR airport toll at Sadahalli along with (new?) traffic lights to indicate whether the tag is working or not. Looks like it is active and also believe ICICI Bank has placed a POS machine and representative to sell FASTags at the toll plaza itself.

Any inputs from anyone? Tempted to go for it as it can always be used for outstation trips and not restricted to airport toll only.

On a different note apart from ICICI Bank (http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...tag/index.page), Axis Bank seems to be on the verge of launching their microsite too: https://etc.axisbank.co.in/ETC/Login/#

Interestingly, they seem to have differentiated products including a "Premium Family Tag".

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th June 2016 at 17:52. Reason: Axis
Old 28th June 2016, 18:41   #359
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any inputs from anyone? Tempted to go for it as it can always be used for outstation trips and not restricted to airport toll only.
The airport toll has a functional fastag lane. See this post by @adnaps who uses it regularly - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3969997

As for inputs regarding fastag, this thread itself has several posts by members who are using the fastag at various tolls and list of toll plazas where it is currently active. Of course not all tolls have Fastag and at some of the tolls the fastag lane is closed or doesn't work so it's a mixed bag right now and hence some people have decided not to get it for now.
I have the fastag and have used it at the BETL elevated road & Attibele tolls.

Last edited by NPV : 28th June 2016 at 18:43.
Old 28th June 2016, 19:38   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The airport toll has a functional fastag lane. See this post by @adnaps who uses it regularly - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3969997
Hey thanks, somehow missed adnap's reply to your post.

Will certainly pick one up ASAP. I tend to take my own car for my outstation trips so end up paying toll minimum 6/7 times a month. I personally detest waiting at toll barriers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks