Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 09:18   #376
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Anyone got the fastag recently? I've been trying to get, but so far they were not showing any interest. Last Monday I sent a message to 5676766 or so. Also called their customer support as well. Then from tuesday I called Nagesh Bommanahalli ICICI couple of times and all these attempts, only response I got was, someone will be in touch with me shortly.

As I commuting daily from Hosur, tomorrow I'm thinking to try BETL RFID tags. Anyone has experience of this? Do they give 10% discount as well?
It happened to me as well. The SMS to the 56 number did not work well. I waited for almost a month & personally visited their office in bommanahalli to get the job done, though its very far from my house.

To help you & others in bangalore - Reach out to Nigam@81478 35887. He is an executive with ICICI fastag. You can ask him to come to your place to collect the documents. He is a nice guy - He will also delivery the tag to your place
Old 4th July 2016, 09:33   #377
BHPian

I received the FasTag for my car a few weeks back and on a recent trip to Kurnool, the tag worked as expected at one of the Toll Plaza with a dedicated FasTag lane. I received a text message with the debit amount as well. Procuring the Tag was hassle free and it took about 2 weeks for me to get the Tag after submitting the documents to the ICICI representative who came to my office to pick them.

cheers,
pradeep.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:13   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
It happened to me as well. The SMS to the 56 number did not work well. I waited for almost a month & personally visited their office in bommanahalli to get the job done, though its very far from my house.

To help you & others in bangalore - Reach out to Nigam@81478 35887. He is an executive with ICICI fastag. You can ask him to come to your place to collect the documents. He is a nice guy - He will also delivery the tag to your place
Thanks, i will call him today. How long it takes to get tag after visiting their branch?

An another note, I visited BETL office today morning and got the BETL tag fixed in less than 10 mins. I'm not sure why so much fuss to get FASTag :(
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:18   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Thanks, i will call him today. How long it takes to get tag after visiting their branch?

An another note, I visited BETL office today morning and got the BETL tag fixed in less than 10 mins. I'm not sure why so much fuss to get FASTag :(
Nigam is no longer with Fastag/ICICI. Please call Nagesh @ 99865 80842. Took around 2 weeks from document submission to issual of rfid tag.

Last edited by xotiq : 4th July 2016 at 11:20.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:28   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Just an update: Fastag doesn't work at any Mumbai entry Points - atleast the airoli, vashi and thane. Vashi guys sometimes let you pass by manually opening the barricade.

Doesn't work on sea link either. So it's a waste of money if you aren't much into long distance travel.

Works on the expressway too but they don't have a dedicated lane and you get stuck in the lane anyways and the whole purpose is moot!
Old 4th July 2016, 15:25   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
As a bonus, I got a free ride at Devanahalli Toll today When I entered the FasTag lane, I was directed to the adjacent one where they tried to scan the Tag with a handheld scanner. They could not get any reading even after several tries. I was permitted to leave without any payments.
Same here. I am a daily commuter on this route. Most of the time I am allowed to go through as an "exempt vehicle". Even when the manual scanner takes a read, I receive an SMS saying that my account is debited with Rs 0.00. Net result it is a free trip for me since April 24th. I have emailed Chairman NHAI too and he has directed the local NHAI official to respond to me , which the local office has chosen to ignore.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 08:39   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Nigam is no longer with Fastag/ICICI. Please call Nagesh @ 99865 80842. Took around 2 weeks from document submission to issual of rfid tag.
Oh ok, but the mobile number still belongs to ICICI Fastag. I just called to test it & someone else picked the phone and informed me that he is working on the fastag documentation. May be, the users can try both the numbers
Old 5th July 2016, 10:24   #383
BHPian

ICICI has recently increased the number of POS and they are doing it rapidly. There are now more than 5 POS in Tamilnadu and the details are in ICICI FASTAG website.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 10:36   #384
BHPian

Finally after lots of followup, Nagesh came and collected the documents yesterday and according to him it will take minimum 7 working days for the complete process after the document collection.
Old 5th July 2016, 11:35   #385
BHPian

Did a trip to Electronic City after many weeks, and for the first time, FasTag worked both ways - charged me 45+20.

One thing I've noticed is that you need to get close to the boom barrier for the sensor to work. This is perhaps the reason why it did not work on a few recent trips.

OTOH, FasTag got me a few free quick passages
Old 9th July 2016, 05:49   #386
J.Ravi

For the first time, my XUV 500 had free passage through the toll plazas [5 out of 7] at Electronic City, Attibele, Krishnagiri, Pallikonda and Chennasamudram due to non-detection of FASTag, while driving from Bangalore to Chennai. During my previous trips, my XUV 500 used to have free passage through the Krishnagiri toll plaza only. Some incentive for the FASTag customers!

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag09072016.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 07:17   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
For the first time, my XUV 500 had free passage through the toll plazas [5 out of 7] at Electronic City, Attibele, Krishnagiri, Pallikonda and Chennasamudram due to non-detection of FASTag, while driving from Bangalore to Chennai.
Wow! That is a bumper bonanza. So, even the manual device didn't help to detect the Fastag?

Also, are you getting the 10% cash back?

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th July 2016 at 07:18.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 11:49   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Also, are you getting the 10% cash back?
I checked my account now and could see that they have credited 10% discount.

It has taken a month though.

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-snap3.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th July 2016 at 11:51.
Old 9th July 2016, 14:18   #389
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Wow! That is a bumper bonanza. So, even the manual device didn't help to detect the Fastag?
Just now logged into FASTag and came to know that the bumper bonanza got reduced to mere ordinary plain bonanza! Attibele toll was deducted now. Hope, the remaining tolls won't be deducted after a month or year or so.

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag09072016latest.jpg

Quote:
are you getting the 10% cash back?
Just like you, after a month.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th July 2016 at 14:20.
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 14:32   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Hope, the remaining tolls won't be deducted after a month or year or so.
I have this same worry, amount getting deducted at a later point. Even for me, few times at EC and Krishnagiri toll, the amount didn't get deducted. Hope they fix these issues soon.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks