Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2016, 16:37   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Thanks for all the info, interesting!!!
Could you please let me know, how is the multi trip toll fee concession accounted in FASTag scenario.
(Eg One way if it costs say Rs 56, multi-trip costs around Rs89, valid for 24 hours)
As per other user updates, during your onward trip 56 will get deducted and during return trip 33(89-56) will get deducted.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 16:42   #407
BHPian

Oh great, thanks a lot for quick reply.
Surely this looks interesting, I may try out in coming days.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:22   #408
BHPian

Paging Bangaloreans :

Has anyone tried to buy a fastag from the NHAI Regional Office, Sy.No. 13, 14th km, Near Deepak Bus Stop, Nagasandra, M.S. Ramaiah Enclave, Bengaluru - Tumkur Road (NH-4)?

I did buy it from their Hyderabad Regional Office and the whole process from filling the application form including activation and affixing of the active tag onto the car took just 15 minutes.

I paid the 200/- cost of the card, 200/- deposit and 600/- (100/- was minimum balance needed) in cash for which I was given a receipt there and then.
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:33   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
For me, the guy from bommanahalli branch collected the documents on 4th july and being ICICI cheque, payment cleared very next day. But still no further update on this and if i call him, i get a response of "still in process" :(
Tag got delivered today evening. I thought these tags can be read with the help android NFC reader apps, but its not working.
Old 15th July 2016, 21:25   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Paging Bangaloreans :

Has anyone tried to buy a fastag from the NHAI Regional Office, Sy.No. 13, 14th km, Near Deepak Bus Stop, Nagasandra, M.S. Ramaiah Enclave, Bengaluru - Tumkur Road (NH-4)?

I did buy it from their Hyderabad Regional Office and the whole process from filling the application form including activation and affixing of the active tag onto the car took just 15 minutes.

I paid the 200/- cost of the card, 200/- deposit and 600/- (100/- was minimum balance needed) in cash for which I was given a receipt there and then.
I have applied through ICICI Bank still waiting for the tag.

When you apply through NHAI office, how would you top up the balance? Is this linked to a bank account or a card is given so that you can top up the balance using NetBanking or other means?
Old 16th July 2016, 00:45   #411
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
When you apply through NHAI office, how would you top up the balance? Is this linked to a bank account or a card is given so that you can top up the balance using NetBanking or other means?
The fastag account is yet another type of account that ICICI manages and it will not be linked your bank account in any way so it does not matter. Your Fastag account will have a login that you can then use to top up your account via online transfer from any other bank account, convenience and transaction fees will apply even when paying through an ICICI account.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 07:56   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The fastag account is yet another type of account that ICICI manages and it will not be linked your bank account in any way so it does not matter. Your Fastag account will have a login that you can then use to top up your account via online transfer from any other bank account, convenience and transaction fees will apply even when paying through an ICICI account.
Thank you NPV for your clarification. Irrespective of where you apply for FasTag (either ICICI Bank or NHAI) it will be linked to an account.
Old 16th July 2016, 11:06   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Thank you NPV for your clarification. Irrespective of where you apply for FasTag (either ICICI Bank or NHAI) it will be linked to an account.
A UserID will be created for you for the first time and under that ID, you can add multiple vehicles (with each one having a different fastag account). You can add more users under the same UserID also. Useful for fleet owners.

Topping up any account is by use of credit card, debit card and net banking. Also by NEFT. The steps are well explained. There is a certain service charge for each top up irrespective of the mode. Read up more at http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...er=faqs-fastag

LogIn Page : http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUSTLOGIN/Default.aspx

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 16th July 2016 at 11:08.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 17:20   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I visited the branch and submitted all the docs today morning. I gave cheque of Rs. 500.
Got the tag today. The account was activated 3 days after I submitted the docs. Yet to fix the tag.
Old 17th July 2016, 13:07   #415
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent Fastag experience on the NH 48 (New NH 75 Bangalore-Mangalore highway):
Traveled to Channarayapatna, Holenarasipura, Arkalgud and returned to Bangalore via Hassan.
Onward:
-At the Nelamangala side of the toll plaza, the Fastag lane was closed with a barricade and the Red X light was on to indicate the lane & booth are closed, so took the extreme left lane and paid cash. After paying I enquired about why the Fastag lane was closed and the attendant said had I asked him earlier he would used a hand scanner
-At the Bellur Cross toll plaza, the Fastag lane was open (Green arrow light) and a bus used it just in front of us, but there was a steel barricade and the security guy let me in after a quizzical look and explaining to him and showing the tag on the windshield. Here, they used a hand scanner and I got the SMS that Rs.41 had been deducted
-At the next toll (L&T), there was no Fastag signage and the whole length of the toll plaza was painted Red and blank (no L&T branding, toll plaza name, etc). They guys at the booth hadn't even heard about Fastag Paid cash here

After this, took the turn off into Channarayapatna so no more tolls.

Return:
-Returned via Hassan so the first toll plaza was near Udayapaura ? Again it was L&T, no branding, signage, etc was painted plain Red. No Fastag here, paid cash
-At the next L&T toll plaza, I'd take the return journey ticket so just a scan was needed
-At Bellur Cross, used the Fastag lane after the security guy whistled out loud to someone who came running with a hand scanner. I got the SMS late that evening and Rs.21 had been deducted (41+21 = Rs.62 which is same as Return/Multiple journey toll)
-At Nelamangala, used the return journey ticket purchased in onward journey

*The hand scanners seemed to be IR based and needed to be pointed and hovered over the RFID tag, wondering they couldn't have made these RFID based scanner that will not required line of sight and simpler to use even from inside the toll booth
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 12:38   #416
Senior - BHPian

Last week I noticed that toll booths on the Bangalore-Walayar routes were all prominently displaying ads about FastTag. At each toll booth counter there were stickers stating that FastTag is available here etc. I guess people can register for FastTag at the Toll booths as well.
Old 18th July 2016, 15:28   #417
BANNED

On eigth of this month I availed fast tag for my car from Krishnagiri Toll booth. Reason I was having a single day trip to Coimbatore. Today (18/7/2016) I travelled from Krishnagiri to Chennai and returned back on the same day. I started early morning around 3.30 AM and returned around 1.00 PM.
After returning back, I went through the SMSes received for each and every toll. Every one has applied the applicable discounts. But L&T managed toll booths, Pallikonda and Vaniyambadi has charged 75/- for both upward and downward journey.
After this I verified the Thoppur toll amount charged on 8 th journey to Coimbatore and back, I have been charged similarly without any discount applicable for the same day journey.
While availing the tag, the staff manning the operation told that discounts will be automatically applicable. I don't know why this is not happening in L&T toll plazas. I am yet to use the Krishnagiri toll booth.
I have logged the issue in the Help desk facility provided in FASTAG LOGIN, just now. Any one so far has logged complaint regarding discounts and got the money back... Kindly let me know, whether I have to logged the complaint correctly or not, if not correct where I should raise the issue.
Pl. find below the up and down toll deduction that has happened in the Thoppur toll plaza
08/07/2016 14:07:06 Trip L&T Krishnagiri Thopur Toll Road Limited - Towards Thopur 86.00 Dr

08/07/2016 23:50:36 Trip L&T Krishnagiri Thopur Toll Road Limited - Towards Krishnagiri 86.00 Dr
Old 18th July 2016, 16:01   #418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
On eigth of this month I availed fast tag for my car from Krishnagiri Toll booth. Reason I was having a single day trip to Coimbatore. Today (18/7/2016) I travelled from Krishnagiri to Chennai and returned back on the same day. I started early morning around 3.30 AM and returned around 1.00 PM.
After returning back, I went through the SMSes received for each and every toll. Every one has applied the applicable discounts. But L&T managed toll booths, Pallikonda and Vaniyambadi has charged 75/- for both upward and downward journey.
After this I verified the Thoppur toll amount charged on 8 th journey to Coimbatore and back, I have been charged similarly without any discount applicable for the same day journey.
While availing the tag, the staff manning the operation told that discounts will be automatically applicable. I don't know why this is not happening in L&T toll plazas. I am yet to use the Krishnagiri toll booth.
I have logged the issue in the Help desk facility provided in FASTAG LOGIN, just now. Any one so far has logged complaint regarding discounts and got the money back... Kindly let me know, whether I have to logged the complaint correctly or not, if not correct where I should raise the issue.
Pl. find below the up and down toll deduction that has happened in the Thoppur toll plaza
08/07/2016 14:07:06 Trip L&T Krishnagiri Thopur Toll Road Limited - Towards Thopur 86.00 Dr

08/07/2016 23:50:36 Trip L&T Krishnagiri Thopur Toll Road Limited - Towards Krishnagiri 86.00 Dr
Just now I got a call from Fastag with regard to my complaint logged. Nice to receive a response at the earliest.
I was conveyed that No agreement with L&T for discounts on FASTAG, so I will be charged fully for utilising the L&T toll booths. This was not conveyed while issuing the TAG to me. The person conveyed that they are working with L&T to resolve this.
I don't know how long this will take. I have been advised to use the routine path for travelling if I make return journey immediately. Alas I have surrounded in all directions by L&T Toll booths. Purpose of availing Fasttag has been defeated for me I cannot put to use effectively

I have to wait till NHAI and L&T workout and offer discounts for return Journey
Old 18th July 2016, 16:28   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a text message today saying account activated but yet to receive my tag and login details etc. Looking forward to getting it quickly as I pay toll very frequently.

Also figured out that I can easily use the ticket-holder on the windscreen to mount my tag when I approach the toll-booths. Am not inclined to permanently paste it.
Old 18th July 2016, 17:12   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got a text message today saying account activated but yet to receive my tag and login details etc. Looking forward to getting it quickly as I pay toll very frequently.

Also figured out that I can easily use the ticket-holder on the windscreen to mount my tag when I approach the toll-booths. Am not inclined to permanently paste it.
You should be able to create your login user id and password in the ICICI FasTag URL. Click on the "Register" link available on top right hand corner. You will have to provide your customer id and data of birth. You will receive a SMS with One Time Password to the mobile number you have provided and then you can create user id and password.

Link to FAQ

I got the my account created on last Saturday. I created the login user id and password. I am able to access the account details. Agent told me I will receive my tag tomorrow.

Last edited by AutoInt : 18th July 2016 at 17:15. Reason: make it more clear
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks