Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:18   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Comrades, kick started the process to get my FasTag. The "breaking of the coconut" done by calling Nagesh. He sent me the list of documents required. Out of which one reads..Cheque in favour of ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC for... Should I write this entire sentence in the "Pay" to part in the cheque? As per the instruction I am to carry two ID Proofs. Is this correct?
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:42   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Comrades, kick started the process to get my FasTag. The "breaking of the coconut" done by calling Nagesh. He sent me the list of documents required. Out of which one reads..Cheque in favour of ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC for... Should I write this entire sentence in the "Pay" to part in the cheque? As per the instruction I am to carry two ID Proofs. Is this correct?
I had written only this
ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC
One ID proof and one Address proof. I gave my DL, Passport and RC card copies
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:40   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Same for me too.
Documents collected were -
  1. Updated application form, which was downloaded from Fastag website.
  2. One passport size photo (to be pasted on application form)
  3. RC book photocopy
  4. One address proof- Gave license photocopy since it was the same address as mentioned in appliation form
  5. Cheque of Rs 510 in favor of ICICI ETC Pool account

I am informed that I would be receiving Fastag in 10 working days. Documents were collected at address of my convinence at Bangalore.
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:51   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
  1. Updated application form, which was downloaded from Fastag website.
  2. One passport size photo (to be pasted on application form)
  3. RC book photocopy
  4. One address proof- Gave license photocopy since it was the same address as mentioned in appliation form
The chap is to come to my office at 1600Hrs and pick the documents. In my case the RC Card copy has my Bangalore address, where as my ID proof and address proof has my KL address. Aadhar and DL is what I plan to give as proof. They both have the same KL address. Hope that is not a big problem.
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:31   #470
BHPian

Quote:
The chap is to come to my office at 1600Hrs and pick the documents. In my case the RC Card copy has my Bangalore address, where as my ID proof and address proof has my KL address. Aadhar and DL is what I plan to give as proof. They both have the same KL address. Hope that is not a big problem.
Not an issue at all.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:56   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
An update on the Toll booths till Hassan from my drive on Sunday.

Onward Journey:

Nelamangala BETL - Fastag lane closed, went on the last lane, let through on saying I had fastag.

1st Toll on NH75 (Nelamangala toll) - lane closed, but the last lane had hand held scanner, successful.

2nd Toll - Bellur Toll Plaza - Lane open and correctly deducted.

3rd Toll - Kadabhalli - Lane closed, entered last lane - informed attendant that it was Fasttag, the read happened and Rs. 40 deducted.

4th Toll - Shantigrama - Lane closed, but the last lane it worked correctly as above.

Return Journey:

Shantigrama worked correctly.

Kadabhalli plaza, They said an issue with the reader, had to pay cash. Rs. 40.

Bellur Cross, worked properly

Nelamangala (NH75) - the lane was blocked/closed, the hand reader was elsewhere, after 2-3 minutes of waiting and incessant honking from behind, even though I was ready to pay cash, I was let through.

BETL Nelamangala - Some 6-7 cars entered just before me into the Fastag lane, don't know if any of them were Fastag or not. None of the other lanes had more than 3 vehicles, entered the last lane, paid cash(20) and exited.

Overall a nice experience. Also, the discounts for return journey has not happened in the case of Bellur and Shantigrama tolls for return fares. Does it happen in a couple of days or should I complain?
Exactly same scenario for me with KA MD drive. I am thinking of raising a complaint for the refund.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:12   #472
BHPian

This was my maiden 100% Fast Tag trip between Coimbatore and Bangalore. Of course Krishnagiri is still manual and had to be negotiated. Yes, there were also couple of others where the reading was done thro' hand held device. Still it was more convenient and time saving.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:55   #473
BHPian

Got the fast tag in 5 working days applied on 26th Jul and got it on 01-Aug from Bommanahalli branch. Smooth experience, tag was ready by 30-Jul but since it was bandh couldn't get it on that day.

Made a trip to Erode today, all toll from Hosur to Vaiguntam are fast tagged
Only thing was thoppur toll return discount wasn't applied all other toll it worked fine. Have raised a complaint, i think it is due to L&T as mentioned in earlier posts.

Krishnagiri is still free , but as mentioned they are using handheld device.
balajeshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:10   #474
BHPian

Quote:
DL is sufficient for ID & address proof. I got it done with just RC and DL copy.

Last edited by Twiny : 3rd August 2016 at 22:12.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:33   #475
BHPian

Finally I was able to test the Fastag at Devanahalli toll. Worked wonderfully. Got the Sms on toll deduction within 30 seconds of passing through. Surprised to see that the toll was 0.0! Free ride this time!
Old 4th August 2016, 10:59   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, for handheld scanner there could be advange on sticking RFID towards right since toll booth operators are seated towards that side.
I have fixed it to the driver-side top of the windshield as the middle was looking very odd due to the cluster of sensors and darkened glass area of my Octavia.

However, at least at Devanahalli (BIAL Airport toll) the boom doesn't always work. Either it is because I have not fixed it in the middle or due to be driving in too fast. Will check again today.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 18:50   #477
BHPian

One needs to be drive carefully at ATTIBELE towards Hosur. Here the distance between RFID scanner and automatic boom barrier is little more unlike in BETL flyover. Yesterday when i was driving back home, the boom barrier opened and the display was showing some other registration number. I was surprised because registration number usually shown only for BETL tag holders. Then i realized its belongs to the car which was behind me with 2-3 meters distance. After i crossed, the boom barrier closed and luckily the car behind had enough distance to apply break, otherwise there is chance of hitting the car. Of course i was not charged for this trip

The problem here is, the boom barrier opens immediately when you enter the lane after crossing the manual barrie-guard and it takes at least 7-8 seconds to cross the barrier after it opens due to the speed breakers. In this time, some other vehicles enters the lane(most of the time the security guys manage it by not allowing other vehicle before previous vehicle crosses).

In BETL flyover, its always smooth pass since the barrier will open only when the car reaches very near to it.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 20:50   #478
BHPian

I had the opportunity to test the FASTag today at electronic city BETL down ramp in the morning and up ramp in the evening. It worked both the times with "Thank You, Proceed" message, however, I received SMS only in evening EC BETL up ramp. I checked online and INR 45 is deducted for the return in evening only. As it deducted INR 45, I think it did not work in the morning else it should have deducted INR 20 in the evening.

So it is a free pass in the morning as off now. Not sure if there was a problem in the morning or the transaction would appear later. Anyone faced this today? Or is it free for the first use ?
Old 5th August 2016, 20:11   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, is the Devanahalli (BLR Airport) toll boom barrier working for everyone? My tag does not activate it automatically and I then have to move to the adjoining lane to have it manually scanned.

Anyway last 12 times I have not been charged with savings of 1.4k :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th August 2016 at 20:13. Reason: Clarity
Old 5th August 2016, 21:32   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
NHAI office at Hyderabad is located down the road from the Green Mosque on Road No. 3 of Banjara Hills very close to All Seasons Restaurant and Shadab Take Away.

Raikal toll operator also sells and activates the tags on the spot subject to proper documentation being submitted.
Just a small update from my end,

I decided to opt FASTag and called NHAI office @Banjara Hills to get things done on fast rack mode (today itself), I am informed that Point of Sale (POS) is now shifted -> to Raikal Toll Plaza?!

I am still clueless, why shift out of Hyderabad!!!

Next, called up Raikal Toll Plaza and they were not sure of FASTag POS and gave an ICICI executive number.

Called this executive and he directed to someone who apparently will be available tomorrow!!!

In all, I could not get it done today.

Good that I called up NHAI office rather than a straight drive in this mad traffic and get greeted with "NO SERVICE" reply!!!

hope this helps!!!

Last edited by novicefreak : 5th August 2016 at 21:40. Reason: edits in between
Closed Thread

Most Viewed