Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 22:43   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Next, called up Raikal Toll Plaza and they were not sure of FASTag POS and gave an ICICI executive number.
Looks like they jolly well know what is FasTag, as they are smart enough to direct you to an ICICI executive number . May be an unofficial arrangement with ICICI. Even in Bangalore, it is the ICICI Bank executives (most likely DSAs) who are active on the job. How ever at least in Bangalore those poor chaps are doing a fantastic job.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 19:29   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, is the Devanahalli (BLR Airport) toll boom barrier working for everyone? My tag does not activate it automatically and I then have to move to the adjoining lane to have it manually scanned.

Anyway last 12 times I have not been charged with savings of 1.4k :-)

Worked fine for me. Tried it on Wednesday.
Old 7th August 2016, 08:41   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Worked fine for me. Tried it on Wednesday.

Was this on the airport to city lane or Devanahalli to city lane ? I am a daily user on the Bangalore airport to city lane and I can confirm that the boom barrier does not work. They take a manual read yet no charges are billed. Every single time I receive an SMS saying that I have been billed for Rs0.00.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 15:48   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Salem(Two Way trip - same day):

It was a breeze through all 4 tolls in this route.

Regarding the discounts for a two-way trip,
  • Attibelle, discount was considered (25+15)
  • Omalur, discount was considered (69+34)
  • Thopur, discount was not considered. Both ways they deducted 86.00, I will raise a ticket for this.
  • Krishnagiri, toll amount was not deducted both-ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-snap1.jpg  

Old 7th August 2016, 16:52   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

• Thopur, discount was not considered. Both ways they deducted 86.00, I will raise a ticket for this.
I was also charged 86 + 86 at Thoppur toll. When raised a complaint, I was told that L&T has not signed up for 24 hours charging with NHAI.
Old 7th August 2016, 19:03   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Looks like they jolly well know what is FasTag, as they are smart enough to direct you to an ICICI executive number . May be an unofficial arrangement with ICICI. Even in Bangalore, it is the ICICI Bank executives (most likely DSAs) who are active on the job. How ever at least in Bangalore those poor chaps are doing a fantastic job.
Raikal toll is fastag activated. Why will they not know about it? Only ICICI executives are activating fastags, even at tolls. There is no unofficial arrangements. All is an official and above board agreement between ICICI and NHAI. Axis was to be the lead bank but they just did not get their act together.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 21:32   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Was this on the airport to city lane or Devanahalli to city lane ?
This was from the airport to the city. I didn't know there was another lane from devanahalli!
Old 8th August 2016, 09:14   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

The Devanahalli/HYD (to Hebbal) toll booths are located under the BIAL trumpet flyover and are meant for vehicles coming from beyond BIAL to city. You can see them zipping through the airport tollbooths on the extreme right.

I have not gone that way for some time. Are they FASTag-enabled? That is, both the BIAL exit to Devanahalli as well as the Devanahalli to city booths?
Old 8th August 2016, 11:03   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are they FASTag-enabled? That is, both the BIAL exit to Devanahalli as well as the Devanahalli to city booths?
Nope they are not. I got my FASTag last thursday and drove down to IPC on friday evening for dinner. Reached the toll booth and the attendant says that FASTag is not enabled.

Also drove down to tumkur toll & back on saturday to check if the tag works. Took the FASTag lane both ways at Nelamangala toll and there was no message regarding toll deduction. Came home and checked the account to see if anything was deduced but found my balance intact. Not sure if the scanner if working as there is no barrier and once the entry barrier to the FASTag lane is removed, you have no way of knowing if the tag was read.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 11:21   #490
Senior - BHPian

Poor FASTag customer support

Not at all impressed by Fastag support. I raised a ticket on April 2016 about the extra 39/- bucks I paid on the Mumbai-Pune expressway. It's been over 3 months and I haven't yet got the refund. Here's the ticket chain :
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-icici.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 8th August 2016 at 11:22.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 11:48   #491
BHPian

Re: Poor FASTag customer support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Not at all impressed by Fastag support. I raised a ticket on April 2016 about the extra 39/- bucks I paid on the Mumbai-Pune expressway. It's been over 3 months and I haven't yet got the refund. Here's the ticket chain :
Same issue i too faced.
A toll deduction happened in Mulbagal toll near Bangalore on 8/5/2016 even though i paid by cash, Produced the scanned copy of Manual receipt in the complaint raised in ICICI webportal.
Wrote to NH (robangalore@nhai.org, ronhaibangalore@gmail.com), no progress on the ticket.
Old 8th August 2016, 15:36   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I am a daily user on the Bangalore airport to city lane and I can confirm that the boom barrier does not work. They take a manual read yet no charges are billed. Every single time I receive an SMS saying that I have been billed for Rs0.00.
Worked perfectly for me a short while back. This time I drove in at only 20 km/hr - don't know if that did the trick or have they repaired the automatic boom.

Funnily enough, a large group of NHAI / Navayuga officials were staring at me from the exit side; I think they were waiting for a FASTag vehicle for quite some time :-) to see actual operation of the boom.

One of them even tried to stop me probably because my tag is on the right side, and he maybe thought I had somehow conned the reader and making my escape.....

Needless to say I have not been charged!

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th August 2016 at 15:46. Reason: Charging
Old 8th August 2016, 18:00   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Worked perfectly for me a short while back. This time I drove in at only 20 km/hr - don't know if that did the trick or have they repaired the automatic boom.
Even my speed was very low when I approached the lane as I was not confident of the automated entry and it was the first time I was attempting this. It then seems that we need to be a bit slow to ensure the automated boom works
Old 8th August 2016, 18:10   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Thanks Arun. I will be traveling to True Sai, Salem this 13th. Will see how it works for me
ssateesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:15   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Thanks Arun. I will be traveling to True Sai, Salem this 13th. Will see how it works for me
At thopur toll, better to pay in cash as they are not offering the two-way(same day trip) discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed