Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 17:18   #511
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Returned from Madurai today, Till salem all the tolls were allowing only fastag vehicles in fastag lane, but after salem, all the vehicles allowed and when i asked, why non fastag vehicles were allowed in fastag lane.. The answer was, during high traffic days, always it will be like this only :(
Old 15th August 2016, 18:42   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
From whatever little I know, when FasTag was conceptualised with Mr. Nitin Gadkari, it was proposed that the right most lane at each toll will be dedicated for FasTag. The lane will be demarcated and the FasTag RFID reader and boom barrier for the lane will be installed 100m before the other booths.
Alas, someone somewhere down the line un the bureaucracy seems to have bungled big time.
Correction, first FASTAG/ETC project was made operational on Himalayan Expressway in 2012 on pilot basis. Then Mumbai (Charoti) - Ahmedabad section was made operational in 2013 after system changes. Then a contract for deploying it on 350 toll plazas in India was issued, which is happening now.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 20:44   #513
BHPian

Hi, I was applying for the Fast tag through the online, but unable to find the Ford Ecosport in the list of models. Planning to add it as a 'Fusion'. Would this be an issue?

Last edited by sansvk : 15th August 2016 at 20:45. Reason: Edit
Old 15th August 2016, 20:45   #514
Senior - BHPian

For the FASTag, is it mandate to have an ICICI bank account? Last time I asked one of the toll attendants at the Mumbai Pune expressway, he confirmed I need to have an account in ICICI.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:49   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For the FASTag, is it mandate to have an ICICI bank account? Last time I asked one of the toll attendants at the Mumbai Pune expressway, he confirmed I need to have an account in ICICI.
Not required. Its just like regular online mobile recharge. You can do payments via Credit card / Debit card, or even recharge at POS locations.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 12:24   #516
BHPian

Guys,

Need a clarification. I applied for fastag through ICICI branch. The bank executive collected all the paper work from me and I have received the account numner in sms. I am yet to hear from him on the tag.

However with the account number I was able to register and login to icici fastag site. Over here I see that my licence plate listed has a missing letter. Instead of KA51Pxxxx, it is showing as KA51xxxx.

How to get this corrected?
rajakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks