Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 23:03   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Electronic City elevated road is not part of NHAI hence fasttag will not work
I think they have some tie up cause the lane mentions fast tag now.
Old 28th December 2015, 23:03   #122
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Electronic City elevated road is not part of NHAI hence fasttag will not work
Well, there are 2 lanes at the up ramps of the electronics city elevated Road marked for fastag with logo, et all orange and white color branding.
At the down ramp, 2-3 lanes mention OBU/Smart card but no specific mention of fastag.

Last edited by NPV : 28th December 2015 at 23:05.
Old 29th December 2015, 11:09   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pictures of the FasTag lanes:
Lane #3 for FasTag only (not operational yet from Krishnagiri onwards)
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-lane-3-fasttag.jpg

Penalty for non-FasTag vehicles using the dedicate lane
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag-only.jpg

The dedicated lane for FasTag has the FasTag signage and a reader before reaching the main toll booth
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-fastag-lane.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 29th December 2015 at 11:10.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 09:42   #124
J.Ravi

I drove from Bangalore [departure: 11:35 pm yesterday] to Chennai [arrival: 5:05 am today]. My XUV 500's FASTag didn't work in any of the toll plazas. At Attibele toll plaza, there was a big queue in all other lanes. When I flashed the headlights, the barricades were removed on the exclusive FASTag lane, which was empty. But, I didn't see XUV 500's registration number and the amount deducted on the screen. I was asked to proceed, which I did assuming that the amount must have been deducted from my FASTag account. But, I didn't get any sms. At Krishnagiri toll plaza, I missed the dedicated FASTag lane due to heavy congestion and paid the toll manually at another common lane. At Vaniyampadi, Pallikonda and Nemili [Sriperumpudur] toll plazas, XUV 500's FASTag was not read and an error message of 'invalid tag' appeared on their monitor. I was asked to reverse to go in front of their camera several times in all these toll plazas, but in vain. I paid manually at all these toll plazas. I wasted a lot of time in these reversing exercises. In Chennasamudram toll plaza, the exclusive FASTag lane was closed due to cleaning! So, in nutshell, I had a free pass-through at Attibele and paid manually at all other toll plazas! After reaching home, I logged into FASTag website of ICICI Bank and found that my account is active and the balance is untouched, i.e., Attibele toll was not deducted. So, something is wrong somewhere, which needs to be sorted out. I lodged a complaint in ICICI Bank FASTag website and am keeping my fingers crossed.
  (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 10:38   #125
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
But, I didn't see XUV 500's registration number and the amount deducted on the screen. I was asked to proceed, which I did assuming that the amount must have been deducted from my FASTag account. But, I didn't get any sms.
As mentioned in my earlier post, FasTag worked for me only at the Attibele toll and the display only said "Thank you, Proceed" no other display of registration number or amount deducted.
Couple of days later I received SMS messages for these transactions.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:00   #126
BHPian

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...page?#toptitle

Not sure when this site was updated. But it shows on the Bangalore - Salem route, you have EC, Attibele, Krishnagiri, Thoppur and Omallur tolls have been enabled with Fast tag. Attibele was confirmed by NPV, any further updates?
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 10:12   #127
BHPian

J.Ravi, you did not miss the Krishnagiri toll FastTag. Last month I drove to Kerala and back after 10 days. Both the times, the FastTag at Krishnagiri did not work. When questioned only response, it does not work; you pay and go. At Attibele, there is no indication but you do get the SMS may be even after 2, 3 days.

No effect about complaints with FastTag or NHAI. I have an uneasy feeling that this is going to be another good initiative but poor execution kind.

Cheers
Old 8th February 2016, 11:11   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...page?#toptitle

Not sure when this site was updated. But it shows on the Bangalore - Salem route, you have EC, Attibele, Krishnagiri, Thoppur and Omallur tolls have been enabled with Fast tag. Attibele was confirmed by NPV, any further updates?
The site is not updated. Since July 2015, though all the tolls from Bangalore to Kanyakumari are having FASTag lane, they are still not "enabled" completely as NHAI haven't issue MoU yet on this route and some account fund transfer issues to the toll contractors are still going on. NHAI issued MoU for ETC only for Bangalore-Madras route which includes Attibelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
J.Ravi, you did not miss the Krishnagiri toll FastTag. Last month I drove to Kerala and back after 10 days. Both the times, the FastTag at Krishnagiri did not work. When questioned only response, it does not work; you pay and go. At Attibele, there is no indication but you do get the SMS may be even after 2, 3 days.

No effect about complaints with FastTag or NHAI. I have an uneasy feeling that this is going to be another good initiative but poor execution kind.

Cheers
Yes Krishnagiri toll is not enabled with FASTag inspite of NHAI ETC MoU although it is part of Bangalore-Madras route and has a dedicated lane. I have complained several times and nothing works. I suspect they are purposefully not doing it because of that toll's strategic location and heavy cash cow for that contractor.

Anyhow, here is the Krishnagiri Toll Manager contact number. +91-9025611999
If multiple people keep complaining, i hope someday they will wake up!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 8th February 2016 at 11:20.
Old 9th February 2016, 12:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

Was planning to pick up a FASTag unit last month but was not able to stop over at the elevated road office at Electronic city.

Now hear that there are issues with it in the Chennai highway which makes me look away. Any latest update on this would be great!
Old 9th February 2016, 14:23   #130
BHPian

Picked up FASTag last week from ICICI Bommanahalli branch. Saw some active toll booths on ICICI website and wanted to check if my tag really works.

Headed out on Bangalore-Tumkur road. Nelamangala toll booth has a dedicated FASTag lane, but was collecting cash. The operator had no idea on when FASTag would start functioning.

Took a left turn at Dobbespet to join Bangalore-Hassan highway via SH 3. A highway patrol Sumo had blocked the FASTag lane.

So much for checking , had to wait and pay cash at all toll booths. Waste of time, fuel!

Just thinking out loud. If the goverment were to make FAStag compulsory at registration or during fitness certification, things would improve. Would add Rs.400/- to the existing fees, but would save much more in the long run. Maybe we can petition the union minister on this.
Old 9th February 2016, 14:38   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Was planning to pick up a FASTag unit last month but was not able to stop over at the elevated road office at Electronic city.

Now hear that there are issues with it in the Chennai highway which makes me look away. Any latest update on this would be great!
@girish, i don't think you have to look away from getting a FASTag. It is indeed helpful in long run, though not currently in all toll booths. Bangalore-Chennai route has FASTag in all tolls except Krishnagiri. So i would suggest you still go ahead and get one.

More the people obtain FASTag, sooner the operational problems will be resolved. As i said in one of my previous post, the current population using FASTag is negligible which makes things to delay to have a dedicated lane free drive (though it is still currently working that way in few tolls).

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 10:16   #132
BANNED

It is a typical chicken and egg scenario. Here they must ensure that Fastag is working on at least 75% of the tolls, before talking about it. I think they hope that as Fastag catches on more and more toll operators will accept it. I was on the oldest stretch of the GQ (NH25 Lucknow-Kanpur, EW Corridor) on Sunday and Monday, not a trace of any Fastag notification.
Old 10th February 2016, 20:22   #133
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Now hear that there are issues with it in the Chennai highway which makes me look away.
Last month, the first FASTag issued to me did not work in any of the toll plazas between Bangalore and Chennai; however, I had a toll-free passage through Attibele toll plaza.

I raised a complaint and got a new replacement FASTag issued.

Today, it worked in 3 toll plazas, viz., Vaniyambadi, Pallikonda and Sriperumbudur. I missed the exclusive FASTag lane in Krishnagiri toll plaza, although it is defunct. Today too, I had a toll-free passage through Attibele toll plaza.

The details are here and here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Last month, the first FASTag issued to me did not work in any of the toll plazas between Bangalore and Chennai; however, I had a toll-free passage through Attibele toll plaza.

I raised a complaint and got a new replacement FASTag issued.

Today, it worked in 3 toll plazas, viz., Vaniyambadi, Pallikonda and Sriperumbudur. I missed the exclusive FASTag lane in Krishnagiri toll plaza, although it is defunct. Today too, I had a toll-free passage through Attibele toll plaza.

The details are here and here.
Good to know it finally worked for you. As i mentioned in other posts, it is indeed working fine, just that its not in ideal state as it should be.

Only time has to pass to get to that point when more and more customers use FASTag.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 10th February 2016 at 20:49.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 11:47   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think they have some tie up cause the lane mentions fast tag now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Well, there are 2 lanes at the up ramps of the electronics city elevated Road marked for fastag with logo, et all orange and white color branding.
At the down ramp, 2-3 lanes mention OBU/Smart card but no specific mention of fastag.
Had to drive to our EC offices on a random visit. Noticed two lanes at EC gates clearly marked "FasTag".

While I stopped for my token to be read (yes, they have a 2 step process now - buy and read), I asked if the FasTag system is already working, but the guy had no clue what I was talking about. Looks like the tie up is planned, but not yet implemented.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks