Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice one supreme baleno, I appreciate your patience.

Earlier we used to smoke at the car park & always I lean on the car & place one foot folded resting on the bumber of the car then . A friend of mine always warn me not to do that (though not his car), I apologize and remove my foot. It has become a habit. My feeling then was "how does it affects the car na". I dont own a car then.

Could understand what a blunder it was when someguy leans on my black beauty resting his folded foot on my bumber leaving dirty footmarks on the car.
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Bloody cyclists... What i do to avoid them is while in traffic lights ...if i'm at the left or right... I don't leave any gap for cyclists or motorbikes to move .. I'll be just be inches close from pavement... + keep both the RVM open...
Same strategy here too. And it works. Keeps the bikers also away. Only difference is that I stick to the centre ie. close to the median. Only con is that sometimes I get stuck behind those that are taking U-turns. But I can bear that delay when compared to a scratch on my car.

BTW, how does keeping the RVM open help ?
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Atleast motorists maintain some distance with the car's body, thinking that they may hit the mirror.. It has always proved good to me ..
Same here. I leave my Balenos RVM open on both sides. Though they cost around 3500 Rs each (i think) its still better than getting a dent on the car. Mirror is quick and easy to replace, need no color matching etc.
Old 24th August 2006, 21:38   #19
BHPian

Very true, many a time cycle guys feel that they are lords on the road. In bangalore they cross roads, as if they are given permission to cross at ease .. I remember the ad .. everyone makes way for the bullet.

Its damn irritating and whenever I drive a bike, try and not go too close to a car, after all I must give him a scope to drive a little left and right. Car owners, remember only one thing, which is the reverse of what I said in the previosu line. Car has 4 wheels which will turn the car to the left or right only when you turn the steering wheel. Keep some gap off the biker, he has tendency to turn left and right in the basic part of just getting off to start.

Get too close to him at that time, you will be blessed with a scratch on your car, if not a dent!!
Old 25th August 2006, 10:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentt
Keep some gap off the biker, he has tendency to turn left and right in the basic part of just getting off to start.
Did not quite get this sentence. Why would someone need to go left and right, while starting off ? I mean, why not go straight, which is normal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentt
Get too close to him at that time, you will be blessed with a scratch on your car, if not a dent!!
I hope this is not the veiled threat, that it sounds like. Because a dent on the car is removable with money, while a dent on the human body can be fatal.
Old 25th August 2006, 13:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Did not quite get this sentence. Why would someone need to go left and right, while starting off ? I mean, why not go straight, which is normal ?
When u are at very low speed the balance is less, so the rider goes in one direction n tries to counteract by going the other direction so hence the zig zag track is made by the rider.....

Whats the speed in your avatar??? 150???
Old 25th August 2006, 14:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
When u are at very low speed the balance is less, so the rider goes in one direction n tries to counteract by going the other direction so hence the zig zag track is made by the rider.....
Oh, OK. I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Whats the speed in your avatar??? 150???
I touched 160kmph, but the snap was taken by my wife a few seconds earlier with the needle at 155kmph. This was on the L&T constructed Coimbatore bypass (miles and miles of good road with not much traffic), last Sunday.
Old 4th September 2006, 14:58   #23
BHPian

You bet its frustrating, my car is just 5 months old, but almost all the corners are scratched, thanks to the always in a hurry 2 and 3 wheelers of bangalore. Most of the time it is just insensitivity on their part.

Also in Bangalore, have noticed, 2 wheeler riders assume that the rest of the vehicles on the road are invincible or probably soft toys. They just cut into your path, suddenly without any sort of warning, even when traffic is moving at high speed.

I keep telling my friends that if you happen to catch anyone scratching against your car because of sheer carelessness, one should just ask the bugger for compensation, and if he is not willling, just scratch his vehicle back with your car keys or something.
Well..its just nice to fantasise like that!!!!!!!
Old 4th September 2006, 17:48   #24
BHPian

Excellent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
True, but for every 1 idiot killed on the road, 3 of his even-idiotic puberty-stricken kids take his place
Cudnt stop laughing dude
Old 4th September 2006, 19:25   #25
DRC
BHPian

I am still not able to digest this... last year Ganesha festival.. during the disposal procession, public used my car boot as a table for keeping pooja items, plates, coconuts etc when the procession tractor arrived. I could see kumkum, termeric, incense sticks and of course scratches all over the boot and my face was red .
Old 4th September 2006, 20:32   #26

I also have membership in the cycle scratch community.... a really old person in a cycle recently scratched my brand new accent...what can i say..i get out of my car and look at the scratch(agonising moments) while he pedels away like nothing has happened... there nothing we can do about it:(
from that day onwards if i spot a cycle i drive as far as possible from it.
Old 4th September 2006, 20:52   #27
BHPian

Well Guys..Please!! Try driving cycle on the crowded main road with main red light crossing. You will agree its most difficult thing to drive. When you will try to cross the road ppl will horn you down to get aside. Looks like there are lots of ppl out here who think that they need private roads to drive their valued car. On cycle you don’t have a privilege to press your right foot and move ahead. It doesn’t have the PICKUP that our cars have. Big Crossing looks like a mile on a cycle to cross. We should respect them as they too belong to same road and not behave like we have seen aliens on road!. Government must plan out better solution so that cycles and cars co-exist on roads.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 4th September 2006 at 20:55.
Old 4th September 2006, 21:40   #28

In main roads cycling is tough...most of us started our mobile life on cycles...but cyclist should understand there limitation and ride accordingly...as they are slow moving vehicles they always have to keep extream left...to cross the road why cant they wait like a pedestriant and cross the road when the traffic is over, instead they criss cross thru traffic creating havoc resulting in accidents.
Old 4th September 2006, 23:33   #29
BHPian

It really hurts when for no reason of yours the car takes the beating... When we had newly purchased our baleno one of the kid in my building was sitting on th bicycle and his cycle was leaning against the car. the scratch on the car was so deep and prominent that I could literaly see the metal sheet inside.. car was just couple of months old and my heart was weeping when I saw that... But what could I do....

Ignorance of the innocent kid...
Old 20th September 2006, 06:42   #30
BHPian

Bangs on the back

How many of you experienced bangs on your rear bumber? It always happen to me. Except one odd instance, I feel, I was doing right and for no reason, some biker / car drivers bang on me from behind.

Once it was about 15 seconds after I have completely stopped at a stop line, a biker came crashing behind me and finally hit hard on my rear bumber. Recently, a Fiar Palio driver scratched my rear bumber, damaging the mud flap on the right side.

Does this happen to everybody or should I need a change in my driving style? If some of the experienced BHPians post a write up on how to get away from these incidents, it will be great for all of us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks