Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How frequently do you hit the highway?
More than once a month 125 29.62%
Once a month 75 17.77%
Once in 2 months 64 15.17%
Once in 3 months 58 13.74%
Damn, I really need to get out more often (Once in 4 or more months) 100 23.70%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2015, 12:19   #16
BHPian

Re: How frequently do you hit the Highway?

Our long holiday drives have come down drastically in the last 2 years, which otherwise used to be one or twice every month (300-700 kms during weekend ). However I do hit the highway once a month (Hyderabad - Yadgir ) around 220 kms one way.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2015 at 14:24. Reason: Language
rm_arjuna is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th March 2015, 12:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

My job commitments refrain me from traveling too much and to make matters worse, my job requires zero traveling, except to my local office and rarely I go to other branch offices. In fact, my traveling does not have a pattern. And most of my plans are sudden ones, hence, difficult to put it in a pattern.

I take about 3-4 highway trips in a year on an average, but difficult to evenly distribute over months. Hence, voted for 1 trip every 3 months on an average. But the cliche for the last option does apply to me - I do need to go out more often
Old 14th March 2015, 13:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

2 - 3 highway drives a month - but none of them can be called a trip in the strictest sense. Every sunday morning this is the question - where do we drive today. Or sometimes take the car out and then ask the question

Staying in a small town in Kerala - a district which is far less urbanised than the rest of Kerala is an added inspiration. Normal drives last not more than 60kms

Last week we drove all of 25kms or so to buy banana chips at a famous chips shop only to find it closed. We took a long route back, had tea at a small shop and reached home
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Pune the most visited destination as my job earlier took me here practically once every week.

With change of job, this has lessened though the highway bug remains intact and I hit highway more than twice a month!!
Old 14th March 2015, 14:17   #20
BHPian

Voted for once in 3 months. Would like to head out at least once a month, but work/family commitments come in the way. Most of my highway travel is recreational in nature. So travel increases during monsoon and winter months.
Old 14th March 2015, 16:47   #21
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2015 at 14:25.
fiesta1.6 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th March 2015, 17:50   #22
BHPian

Normally 2-3 times a month ( Ernakulam-Thrissur) if you can call it a "highway trip" :(
Old 14th March 2015, 19:29   #23
BHPian

Definitely more than once a month as we have a house in Pune and love to spend time there.
Old 14th March 2015, 20:43   #24
BHPian

Going by the number of Trips I have been too since I bought my new car, it almost amounts to 1 Trip per month. Being from Mumbai, Lonavala has been a frequent destination. (3 Trips in the last 2 Months). Also, done at least 3 Mumbai-Pune single-day trips on Weekends. Furthermore, a whole road trip to Gujrat.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 21:49   #25
BHPian

Duster is one of the reason to make frequent trips inspite of tight official schedule. In the last 10 months I have covered - Ooty, Yelagiri, Rameshwaram, Thekkady, Pollachi, Tirupati, Trivandrum, Kochi, Mayiladuthurai and Kumbakonam.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 21:52   #26
BHPian

When I used to ride an RD it used to be a couple of times in a month. Now with the Vitara, driving is more adventurous, so we try keep it once in 2 months (at least 2000 kms).

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2015 at 14:27. Reason: Language
sanjusahu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th March 2015, 22:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

I do about 6 to 7 vacations a year, all of them driven. Plus my job requires driving to client locations outside NCR. So easily 12 trips a year. I've voted for once a month.
Old 14th March 2015, 23:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
More than once a month.

I live in the exteriors of Pune, more towards the highway to Mumbai and that works for me. At times, we get down to buy some stuff from the market and end up on some hills of Lonavala .
I am not a tea addict. I can live without it for days. However, I felt like having a cup of tea today, wifey is out of town and did not feel like getting up and preparing. Picked up the keys, drove all the way to lonavala via Old Highway, stopped at a road side hotel, had a cup of tea and came back. I love Pune
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 16:36   #29
BHPian

I would say 2-3 times a year and nearby distances (<350 Km). I would love to go for longer ones but my kids are small and get too bored to sit on backseat for too long. I am sure the frequency will only increase over time

Nice thread GTO. Ford' findings are a surprise given that our roads aren't the best maintained ones.
nug1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 21:18   #30
BHPian

After shifting from job to business, in the process of getting maximum business opportunities, from the past 6 months, I have been traveling more than 6000 km every month. Hardly staying 4-5 days at home per month. To give you a perspective - I own a swift and I have been visiting the service center (for a 10,000 km service interval) every 45 days.

Though most of my trips to Chennai, Bangalore & Mumbai can be traveled through flights, I've decided to mix leisure with business and started satisfying the thirsty driver in me by going on road trips to all of these places which resulted in such numbers.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks