Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 11:28   #16
BHPian

Re: No Road Ahead: Ever happened to you?

I was on a business in the West Midnapore District of West Bengal. Took a deviation from Ashari on NH-6 towards the Village of Gologram.

Drove a few kilometers to find that there was no road ahead and I had to cross the River to get to the Village of Gologram. However, the concrete Flyover has been under construction for a few years now and do not know when it will get completed. Saw a Bamboo Bridge which has been made by the locals of that village in order to ease their day to day commute. Saw only a few cyclists and bikers using the facility Checked on with a local and his comment shocked me - "Sir iske upar se Bus Bhi Jaata Hai".

Attaching a few pictures :

No Road Ahead: Ever happened to you?-p_20151023_135528.jpg

No Road Ahead: Ever happened to you?-p_20151023_135452.jpg

No Road Ahead: Ever happened to you?-p_20151023_144451.jpg
Old 20th November 2015, 14:35   #17
BHPian

This happened to me recently while driving from Pune to Alibaug.

I was crossing Pen and I was following directions from google maps to get through the market on to the main road. After taking a turn came a dead end with a row of houses blocking my way but google kept showing a road right in front of me joining to the main road !

After that I shut down google and opened my mouth and reached the main road.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
This happened to me recently while driving from Pune to Alibaug.

I was crossing Pen and I was following directions from google maps to get through the market on to the main road. After taking a turn came a dead end with a row of houses blocking my way but google kept showing a road right in front of me joining to the main road !

After that I shut down google and opened my mouth and reached the main road.
that though Google Maps is Excellent, it has it's limitations !! The conventional method of "Opening Your Mouth" is a wiser option while travelling outside the city limits in most of the cases
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

We were in Ooty in March 2014. On day 2, decided to go towards Emerald lake. Confident that my MMI will show the way. A little before Emerald Bazar, there is a village. I thought we need to take a left there, off the main road. And took it. The road kept getting smaller, with hardly any traffic either direction. Soon reached a village, but couldnt see any road further. Couple of people sitting there were surprised to see a Storme coming up. Asked them, and they said nothing beyond this !!

Had to turn back. A person who was going to the main road said he will guide us. Though we didnt need directions - there was no where to turn from there back to the point we turned off ! We asked him to join us. He was an ex-serviceman.

The place - Bembatty
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed