Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 13:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Constapark: A valet on-demand service in Bangalore

Worried about getting late for a meeting or a movie due to lack of parking? Here's a solution - introducing Constapark, an innovative valet service available at two busy locations in Bangalore. Quite simply put, this valet-on-demand concept saves the time and hassle of finding parking for its users.

All one has to do is download the smartphone app and select their destination. The complete details of the valet will be available to the user, who will await their arrival at the given location. He will then take the user's car and park it in a secure, legal parking location which is monitored by a CCTV camera. While returning back, users need to use the same app once again and the valet will bring their car back within 15 minutes.

The cost of this service is Rs. 70 per hour. However, this cost may vary depending upon the day, time etc. It is a cashless transaction and users can opt to pay via an online payment gateway or through their Paytm wallet.

Constapark also carries a general liability of up to Rs. 50,00,000 to protect the customer's vehicle too. The company takes full responsibility of the customer's car while it is in their possession.

As of now, the service is available only in areas of Koramangala and Indira Nagar in Bangalore between 10 am and 11 pm.

For more details visit their FAQ section.

Constapark: A valet on-demand service in Bangalore-constapark1.jpg

Constapark: A valet on-demand service in Bangalore-constapark2.jpg

Constapark: A valet on-demand service in Bangalore-constapark3.jpg

Last edited by S2!!! : 11th June 2015 at 13:24.
S2!!! is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 13:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Constapark: A valet on-demand service in Bangalore

Question - INR 70 per hour includes the parking fee at the legitimate parking area or is it just the Valet fee?

If latter, it means total charge out of about INR 100 per hour in these areas, which is close to or even higher than the airport parking charges.

For quick shopping it is still okay, for longer parking with say movie along with meal, it is on a higher side as the charge-out is based on time.

Not bad for when you really need it !

Cheers
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 15:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice Concept. Need to see the practicality though. Few thoughts.
  • Excellent locations to start the service off with-Koramangala and Indiranagar. Two residential turned commercial localities with 100's of business establishments especially restaurants. Parking is a nightmare in both these areas and one has to mostly rely on residential by-lanes or hand it over to the valet who in turn will go and park in these by lanes. Cops are generally strict in these localities. So parking is always a risk.
  • Not clear on where they would park. Site says secure lots with CCTV and entry exit gates. Would this be their dedicated facility (does not seem feasible and viable) or maybe locations like mall parking that is available near by.
  • Giving the car to an unknown person seems kind of risky (irrespective of the insurance coverage). Maybe a mind block. Background checks and driving records can only be checked to an extent.
  • Cost seems a little high, I think it includes whatever charges the actual parking lot charges
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 20:45   #4
BHPian

A concept with a jinx.
Imagine this - You book a valet service on the app and reach your favourite eatery, only to find an empty parking spot and your valet from Constapark waiting. What would you choose ?

Moreover, I prefer parking the car myself, than think of my ride (at the hands of a stranger) while trying to enjoy a meal, shop or work.

- A car tracking feature on the app would be a good add on though.
Graven5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven5 View Post
A concept with a jinx.
Imagine this - You book a valet service on the app and reach your favourite eatery, only to find an empty parking spot and your valet from Constapark waiting. What would you choose ?
Which could be the reason why they have made the transaction cashless. They still would be able to deduct the money from your wallet. (Yet to read the FAQs though)
Old 12th June 2015, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Question - INR 70 per hour includes the parking fee at the legitimate parking area or is it just the Valet fee?
I'm not a 100% certain but I think the parking charge is included with the valet service fee. Reason:

Quote:
(from their FAQ section)

How much does it cost?

We charge an average of INR 70/hr, your total is capped at a max price so you know what you’re paying. Our valets do not accept cash tips. Parking prices vary by day, time, special event, and location. This is a cashless transaction.

How do you calculate parking rates?

We take into account Standard parking cost across the city in addition to private parking prices in a given area to determine the market rate. If peak times or special events lead to higher market rates, we will adjust our rates accordingly.
Rs. 70/hour is actually indicative. The rates would sky-rocket on weekends and peak hours.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:55   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very innovative offering. Equally, business will be challenging for them.

These days, if I have to visit an area with zero parking, I just hop into an Uber / Ola. They've made commuting so convenient.

Lack of trust is another major threat. It's one thing to hand over your car to a hotel valet, entirely another to give your keys to someone 'standing on the road'.

Good drivers are extremely hard to find. We hire one driver in the family and still, it's not easy to get safe, reliable & experienced chauffeurs. Constapark is going to need many of them!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 13:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Lack of trust...
This will be the major stumbling block. When you cannot even trust a dealer with your car, or even the manufacturer, no question of handing over your car to a valet. (plenty of horror stories right here on TBHP, e.g. recent story
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks