Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 19:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
The SUMOs have very bad crash resistance. The vast amount of crashes on them have proved it.
The dynamics of a UV [SUV/MUV] are different than that of a car, and they need to be driven differently. The vehicles do not have bad 'crash resistance', but drivers need to drive them correctly.
Quote:
...along with .... two wheelers & motorists as Boom pointed out
who make life that much more difficult for these guys and others.

Last edited by condor : 30th August 2006 at 19:15.
Old 30th August 2006, 20:12   #32
BHPian

that looks really bad!!
Old 31st August 2006, 09:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi
Do you all think the cabbies really love to drive at a breakneck speed all the 12 hrs everyday??? or they donot have families, hate bathing and sleeping, and that is the reason they are on the shift 24 hrs a day??
BINGO SUMIT... No matter how much we want to blame the system right from RTO to Lack of driver education, bad driving habits, we have to face the state of actual affairs here guys. Correct me if I am wrong, a 2500 seater call centre on an average spends more a CRORE towards transport on a monthly basis(do correct me if I am wrong). They will do anything to cut costs... Too long a route, too many pick-ups, irrational routing.... the list goes on. I don't deny that the driver is responsible but I do know that he is simply being over-burdened.

People working for Call Centres / BPO's need to question the management about their own saftey, to bring in transparency about the process. Work more closely with the Transport Companies to check if they are adhering to the regulations... Its no brainer to identify the solution, but implementing it is a different story altogether!!!
Old 31st August 2006, 12:01   #34
BHPian

good lord that everybody's safe. but in today's world nobody has time, rather time is money. sadly in our country the cost of human life is not much. in call centres one simply cant do all the pickups & drops in the given 2 hours time so they keep pushing like F1 on the roads to make up for the time, else their money is gone.

u cud see the same behaviour by domino's people. they wud risk everything to deliver the pizza in less than 30 minutes, IMHO all these time based practices should be banned. they put a lot many people's lives in jeopardy.
Old 1st September 2006, 09:42   #35
BHPian

Guys,
Heres another twist to the "call centre cab" angle.
Lots of call centre cabs, when empty, pick up customers for cash-most common in Bangalore is KR Puram bridge going towards Hebbal+Whitefield towards Sarjapur.
There have been reports recently where 3-4 guys in such cabs, pick up people and mug them on pre-selected stretches of empty roads.
Wonder if the transport companies or the call centres even do anything of such reported incidents.
Old 4th September 2006, 10:59   #36
BHPian

[quote=urdudesamy

Infact, when he used to come to pick me up he used to park and sleep and give the keys to my mom. So that when I'm ready I would drive and pick my colleagues and wake him up when the office is nearby.

Although bending the rules but was safe and co-operative on our part.

Ciao
Samy[/quote]

This beats it all do you realise that your license does not allow you to drive taxi's. So technically its not Legal to do this.
Just a question what is the rational behind doing this, why can't you drive to work yourself on car pool. Which could be musch safer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks