Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 12:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Proposal to implement annual NH toll charges for private vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The road transport ministry is planning to implement annual toll charge for private vehicle owners. This would mean, by paying an annual charge of Rs.2500 - 3000, private vehicle owners can zip through toll plazas on all national highways.
I heard last year that there was a proposal to wave off the toll tax for all passenger cars . . . . . .

Now, this new proposal will be tricky for those who do not travel often.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 13:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

A majority of the expense during my Pune-Palakkad trip are the tolls,the amount just discourages me to take my car.With this system it will be of great advantage to me
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 14:21   #18
BHPian

Common guys, this is just looting. You do not charge me but will charge my milk guy. You do not charge me but will charge my vegetable guy. You do not charge me but will charge the guy who serves me food/water. This is an endless cheating cycle learnt from other well developed countries. Just making fool of everyone.

Time to stop collecting extra money from common guys and handing it over to the rich guys in various ways. Remember, rich people also need us commoners to grow rich and we need their money for important life enhancing, life saving purposes ... but not to destroy mother earth. Let there be some balance at at least... may be a wishful thinking ...
highsteem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 15:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Assuming that only a minority (or regulars) opts for the tags, the dedicated lane might remain empty for most part with the other lanes crawling with vehicles. This since tolls booths are not likely to be redesigned and effectively, majority of the vehicles lose one whole lane of access; leading to heartburn and more indiscipline. Like someone said, it has to be mandatory for all to really smooth out the bottleneck
Old 1st July 2015, 16:13   #20
BHPian

This is good news. INR 2500 for private vehicle seems huge amount, considering except few petrol heads majority of the population do not spend more than INR 1000.

The volunteers for the prepaid toll will be less and might not be a huge impact to the government.

Still ive already spent more than INR 2500 for this year. Thanks to toll plazas within chennai city limits and outstation trips.

I for sure will go for it mainly because, 10 out of 10 times I get into the slowest lane. But im not sure hoe the dedicated line will be maintained.
Old 1st July 2015, 21:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Result of government abdicating its responsibilities. First, bad roads. Then a BOT formula. Commuters are happy to pay. Then the BOTs mushroom. They become common place.

Common people suffer the most.

Some companies allow only 50 trips per month on a monthly pass. They have redefined the Gregarian calendar. If our premier economists say everyone who earns Rs. 30 per day is above poverty line, these things are bound to happen.

I feel the leftist inclination is needed in more robust quantities.

By the way, where is all the sum of various surcharges going?

Last edited by simplyself : 1st July 2015 at 21:19.
simplyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:22   #22
BHPian

Wow, the proposal in its present form, seems too good to be true. Like one member said, 2500 seems too less for unlimited trips a year. We will have to wait for the inevitable 'conditions apply' to judge correctly.

Regarding the RFID tag from ICICI, I understood that all vehicles manufactured recently have one RFID tag on the upper part of the windshield. So a question from new car owners would be, do we have to get a separate RFID for this toll proposal? Or is the ICICI one only for older vehicles?
Old 24th March 2018, 13:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what happened to this proposal? For my kind of people, annual NH toll charges are very useful. I do travel extensively on National Highways ( Abu Road to Vapi). I spend more than 2000 bucks(Approximately) on tolls monthly. The initiative/proposal of Annual NH toll sounds very economical for me.

At Vasad toll plaza (between Anand and Vadodara on NH48), there is a special scheme for locals. Locals can avail monthly pass at 250/-. Local means people staying in a 20Km radius of the toll plaza. Before issuing this pass, IRB executive checks RC books' address and its distance to toll plaza in G-map.

This is my monthly pass from IRB.
Proposal to implement annual NH toll charges for private vehicles-irb.jpg
Old 14th August 2018, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dwarka expressway residents ask NHAI to exempt them from Kherki Daula toll.

A group of residents under the banner of Dxp Welfare Association (Dwarka Expressway Welfare Association) met NHAI officials and handed over a memorandum, seeking exemption from toll for over one lakh residents living in various residential societies from sectors 81 to 99.

News Source:https://www.hindustantimes.com/gurug...c67P6tsqK.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post

At Vasad toll plaza (between Anand and Vadodara on NH48), there is a special scheme for locals. Locals can avail monthly pass at 250/-. Local means people staying in a 20Km radius of the toll plaza. Before issuing this pass, IRB executive checks RC book's address and its distance to toll plaza in G-map.
I think a monthly pass kind of solution ( As offered at Vasad Toll Plaza on NH48) is the best option for Dwarka expressway residents.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed