Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 13:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

So today morning the Skoda is sent for the "NOW CUSTOMARY" touch up job and I reach office in Zulu.

Park it and after an hour or so the watchman calls me and says "SAAB TEMPO WALE NE AAP KA GAADI THOK DIYA"

I run down and check - a stupid tempo guy while reversing goes right into ZULU , the left side under the C pillar - there is a deep pointed dent near the fuel lid and the damage is quite a bit with a whole lot of paint being scratched off. Now to get that color matched is going to be a big headache.

Will post pics in a while.

I mean "WHY ME MAAN ??"
Old 17th October 2006, 13:06   #47
BANNED

N-C... what is it with you and people whacking into your stationary vehicles??
Again... sorry to hear about your (BAD)luck.
Old 18th October 2006, 08:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

You know N_C, maybe you should hire an Indicab and use it for your daily commutes for a few days. It will be cheaper that way .
Old 18th October 2006, 08:49   #49
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
normally_crazy: too many unfortunate things have happened to you, recently.
A Satyanarayan Pooja would help. serious!
Ram
I completely agree with Ram here, you seem to have run into a run of constant bad luck, a pooja would certainly help. Take care & be careful.
What are you waiting for G.R.?
Just do the S. N. Pooja without delay!
Ram
Old 20th October 2006, 15:13   #50
BANNED

NC, do you by any chance park your cars in the middle of the road?
Old 20th October 2006, 15:32   #51
rks
BANNED

That is quite an incredible run of bad luck. All I can say to NC is: keep going, maybe learn a bit from your experiences, but never succumb to superstition (if you are not already superstitious, that is). I had parked my car once on a narrow road in Mumbai -- I took particular care to get it to within an inch of a compound wall on the left, so that there is enough space on the road. But when I came back after a while, I found a big dent on my right front door and the right front wheel also had taken a hit (the hub cap had fallen off, but no visible damage to wheel). Immediately after driving back to Pune, I had a tyre puncture on the right wheel, with sidewall failure of the tube. The mistake I made was to park my car in the vicinity of a big pothole to the right side of the road next to my car. So the vehicles automatically swerved towards my car to avoid the pothole. I learnt something from this experience; paying attention to these small details can be really worthwhile.
Old 8th November 2006, 07:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

At 7 am , I hear a siren go off that sounds suspiciously familiar. Get up from bed and get a look through the windows to see the watchmen standing around my Octy and discussing something. I run down and find -------

Not again
- A loose branch of a coconut tree falls on the car's bonnet now just missing the windscreen !!
Thankfully the leaves part fell on the car not the hard stump part - else I would be crying my way to the Insurance office. The damage is almost minimal. Will check it up properly once more to make absolutely sure.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th November 2006 at 07:40.
Old 8th November 2006, 08:27   #53
Team-BHP Support

Oh man. N_C your car isnt even safe when parked. You better get that pooja done soon.

Looks like shani period for your cars. LOL!!!

Drive safe and park safe.
Old 8th November 2006, 19:24   #54
BHPian

HI NC,

After going through this thread, I offer my sincere sympathies to you.

Looks like people have lost their driving capabilities/feeling for others/respect for signals, the public transport drivers (Bus/ Auto/Call Taxi/ BPO staff carriers), in particular. Always looking for a gap on the wrong side, where you least expect them and always in a hurry (BPO drivers in particular)

What a patch you are going through. By now i am sure you would be checking on your car frequently and offering a fervent prayer whenever you take it out. And for god's sake don't get stressed up.

How much have you spent yourself / claimed from the insurance companies till now ? Looks like will make up a whopping figure. Just wondering $$$$

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks