Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 02:02   #151
BHPian

Re: Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathore_13 View Post

It's not the 10k amount that worries me or the 5k deposit. I just don't like the arm-twisting. What do I do now?
When two parties are having a dispute, the only option is legal route.

Usually Revv send pictures taken by their delivery executive as proof & to compare when returning. They put an OTP along with that email for customers approval about the cars condition !!

Take that point & send them a legal notice as they intentionally skipped the underbody picture, as it was pre-planned to trap you & cheat you by asking for extra money. That is why the pickup guy didn't raise any dispute while picking up this car since there were no damage at the time of return.

Ask them to refund the promised security deposit else you may have to take legal action & seek compensation for this type of harrasment.

What else we as customer can do? Apart from nagging in social media channels like Twitter & Facebook
Old 30th October 2020, 17:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

This was something that I was anticipating, given the various reports that we have been seeing about poor refund procedures.

So while I was waiting for my refund of Rs. 1000/- from revv, I received an sms and emailer saying your refund is initiated. A Rs. 234/- has been deducted because I used excess fuel. The remaining will be refunded to my account. There you go, it came.

I was 200% sure that I have returned the car with more fuel than that I consumed because I filled for a 100Kms trip but ended up driving only 75Kms. Surely I didn't burn more than what I filled under whatever conditions I drove.

I pulled up the delivery and pick up checklist and photos that I got initially and forwarded to customer care saying, hey look the fuel levels are same at both times.

There comes the reply, "Sorry sir, it was a manual error, we will process the full refund."

Oh Boy, How does the manual errors happens always in their favor and not once in customers favor.
balenoed_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 08:36   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
When two parties are having a dispute, the only option is legal route.

Usually Revv send pictures taken by their delivery executive as proof & to compare when returning. They put an OTP along with that email for customers approval about the cars condition !!

Take that point & send them a legal notice as they intentionally skipped the underbody picture, as it was pre-planned to trap you & cheat you by asking for extra money. That is why the pickup guy didn't raise any dispute
They did not take OTP at the time of delivery.

I sent them multiple emails but they refuse to respond on my email thread. Each time they send me a new email, though with the same subject line. They carefully delete previous mail trail.

I spoke to their customer care who was utterly useless. I got the invoice from them and they are asking for money in painting the fender & door etc whereas the car needed no such job.

The best part is that the workshop that repaired the car replaced parts on a brezza whereas I rented a Creta. Revv repeatedly keeps sending me this repair bill and claims its for the creta. Unbelievable! Despite repeated emails and phone calls they refuse to provide before/after photos.

I'm appending photos of the interactions with Revv. First I thought invoice was sent by mistake but that's not the case. They keep sending the same invoice over and over again asking for damages which I didn't cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-4893ca16f1024b8e93c2ad9cfd9f2de4.jpeg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-b46d31f176e74d42bb695996446f0711.jpeg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-41cd6f9bec944d1faf4a4eae7e316d61.jpeg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-e760a6fea8bc4d118a73d8afc0ab0b63.jpeg  

Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 08:56   #154
Senior - BHPian

When you start using legal terms like malafide (not malified) intent and all - please just engage a lawyer and send them a legal notice at that address + the registered postal address of Revv, registered post acknowledgement due.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:01   #155
BHPian

My experience with Revv was a good one.

Booked a car for a day's outing in Bangalore.

What was good
. Received a clean Innova on the agreed hour
. Delivery agent's details shared via sms a few hours before delivery
. Quick handover and minimal documentation
. Car had done 92K km but was mechanically sound and I did not face any issues in the 250 km that I used it for.
. No issue with returning the vehicle
. Had to refuel. The bill was shown at the time of returning the vehicle.
. Got the refund (1000 + fuel) within 2 days.
. Delivery and pick-up (even though it is charged, this is a good)

What could have been better.
. When delivering I prefer a quick walkthrough of the vehicle. Where are the tools? How to access the spare wheel? How to get the fuel lid to open? Anything that may be unique to the vehicle (eg pressing the clutch to start the Innova).
While this was done when I asked for it, I prefer that this should have been an initiative taken by the delivery agent.

Overall experience was good and they have me looking forward to the next opportunity to use their services.
rakirank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 14:00   #156
BHPian

Do the Revv car rental small cars like Alto K10, Santro, WagonR, Celerio, Swift/Dzire, Grand i10 etc. have airbags as minimum driver and passenger safety?
I was trying Revv Customer care number but for general queries, the phine waiting time is too high. I am not able to ask them directly.
I am looking for a car rental in Kolkata/ Kolkata outskirts region.
Old 10th November 2020, 20:10   #157
BHPian

Tweets to Revv got a response but they still won't return my money. They also won't send before/after photos or evidence of damage. Tweeted Hyundai about the fraud at Revv(since Revv is Hyundai funded). Retweeted and added TeamBHP and other motor publications.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-e16606f9efd04b6b896bfe65e30811c8.png  

Old 18th November 2020, 19:23   #158
BHPian

Since I posted a number of queries on Revv car rentals, and did receive a number of helpful replies; I am sharing my experience during 13-17th Nov, 2020.
These bookings were in Kolkata- north sub-urban areas.

1. Initially I booked an WagonR for 13th morning to 14th evening for 360 km. However my vacation plan was extended to 15th Nov. But the WagonR was not available on 15th Nov. I called up Revv customer care and the lady helped me out to cancel the existing booking and book a Swift Diesel instead. I paid the full amount through the link provided by Revv executive while changing the booking. They didn't deduct any cancellation charges.

On 12th Nov night the delivery executive called me up to inform swift disel is not available and they insisted I take a Dezire. I knew that Digha/ Mandarmani roads are pretty narrow and bigger cars would be a trouble for me (newbie driver). At 10 pm they requested me to take delivery around midnight (my booking was at 5:00 hrs on 13th Nov). I agreed for early delivery.

However the delivery experience was not good. The executives came along with number of other cars, playing loud music at midnight, parked the cars exactly middle of the narrow road (mohalla road- we call gali/ gulli in bong) causing inconvenience to other commuters. Also some neighbours were wondering what's going on due to their loud music.

Due to low light conditions it was not possible to inspect the car properly. The wiper blades were broken and non-functional which caused lots of trouble during the drive (182 km one side). The left side doors had scratches and wheel covers were bent (marks of accidents I guess). Otherwise the car condition was good. They took my photograph with the car.

Car ODO reading was 22003 km when I received it.

The drive was comfortable without any reportable event. The booking was without fuel. So I loaded 10 litres of diesel from kolkata. The initial fuel reading was 30% on digital linear indicating scale type fuel gauge. All 4 tyres and spare wheel tyre air pressure was less and I had to fill it up at fuel station.

This car had 80 kmph speed limiter/ speed governor. While returning I added 7 litres fuel. At the end of the trip the fuel reading was at 40%. The pick up executive was good. He coordinated with me nicely.

The total bill after deduction of tolls (car had fastag) and refund of 10% fuel cost, additional km running cost the total bill was 7111/- for 2 days 12 hours trip (peak season rate due to diwali weekend). And 17 litres of diesel cost at 74/- per litre to be added. I received the balance of security deposit amount within 2 days of trip end (17th Nov).

2. On 17th Nov I again booked a swift for 12 hours for 5km/hr rate without fuel for an urgent work within kolkata city. This time delivery was at 9:30 hrs (booking start time was 10:00 hrs). The same swift diesel vehicle was provided to me. This time delivery was good. But after trip ended

I didn't receive any pickup executive's details. After 3-4 interactions with Revv tele-executive finally they turned up at 11:30 pm.
Rest of the processes remained same. There was 10% excess fuel on return. The invoice shows -324 rs for the same. Refund of balance security amount is yet to happen.

Overall I would say it was a satisfactory experience, except certain important equipment like non-functional windshield wiper, no air in spare wheel etc. And they shall improve the delivery and pickup process. Atleast their executives shall not cause inconvenience to others.
The vehicle was swift diesel 2018 model (purchase date as per papers sept 2019)- I guess basic model since there was no switch for electrical folding of ORVM. Revv informed me it had two airbags. There was a good music system, old HU type and not touch screen.

The interior was clean. However, I did spray savlon aerosol spray for my satisfaction.

And this was my first experience in Diesel car. Initially I was little worried. The engine sound was little irritating. However the pull was more than my petrol Swift (2016).

Last edited by Eddy : 20th November 2020 at 01:02. Reason: Formatting for better readability. Please format your posts properly.
Old 19th November 2020, 23:39   #159
BHPian

Here’s my experience with Revv! Rented a car for a day - i20.

I was informed beforehand that i20 wasn’t available as it had some mechanical issues and asked me if I was open to taking a Brezza instead which is a more expensive option - I agreed.

Delivery happened on time- delivery person came along with a junior they were training. They sanitised the car in front of me. Took pictures of the car in front of me, then took an OTP and took off.

The car was in decent condition apart from some mild malfunction with the clutch. It would shut off even despite being around the biting point and enough revvs. Then the power steering wouldn’t work - I’d manage to get it to the side of the road and start the car again and it would be fine :/. This happened twice when we were around South Bombay and had to return back to Navi Mumbai. We did panic a little as it happened twice but then just winged it and came home. Total of around 130 kms around Mumbai in one day.

Next day the pick up happens on time. No issue with deposit refund or deduction of fuel later.

Even tho this weird issue happened - the customer service and app experience of Revv was good.

One thing to note - Zoomcar allows you to upload pre inspection related notes when you accept the car. So that’s one thing I’d like to see in Revv as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post

All Revv cars are with Black number plates (self drive). Compare to zoom (all are with yellow plate), there is no stupid 80kmph hard restriction.

Curious about the 80kmph hard restriction - does the car refuse to go beyond 80kmph? Which model was this?

I had a Zoomcar (VW Polo) and on the expressway I was touching 120~. There wasn’t any limit as such but they penalised/alerted me of speeding and this affected the Driver score I could get from them. A good score is supposed to mean some kind of app rewards. I was more after the driving pleasure rather than in-app rewards.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-1028de09c2444813a324d3e4c2e69b56.png  

Last edited by Eddy : 20th November 2020 at 01:03. Reason: Merged
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 02:58   #160
BHPian

All Yellow plate cars are fitted with speed governor. 80kmph is a hard limit. Fuel supply cuts off, like you experience with hitting the rev limiter.

The entire Zoom Car fleet here in Kolkata is with yellow plate. But Revv given ones are with black & golden self drive plates. Mainly "KA" registered cars. They don't have any hard speed limiter.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 10:14   #161
BHPian

The car I used in kolkata was KA03 registered.
And as I mentioned in my last post, it had 80 kmph speed limit. Once I reach 80 kmph it beeps and the speed does not go beyond even if I press accelerator pedal.
Just once the speedometer needle went beyond 80 kmph on dial, there was no beep either but the speed was not increasing. I guess that was a malfunction of the speed limiter.
However, I feel that 80 kmph speed on dial was not actual 80 kmph. The speed was not that high. However it was my personal perception and I didn't have any other speed measurement available. Nowadays I frequently do 80 kmph in GGN. Hence I had this feeling of difference between what speed dial shows and actual speed of the car.
I am attaching a photo of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20201117_092707688_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 20th November 2020 at 10:20.
Old 20th November 2020, 15:08   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
The car I used in kolkata was KA03 registered.
And as I mentioned in my last post, it had 80 kmph speed limit. Once I reach 80 kmph it beeps and the speed does not go beyond even if I press accelerator pedal.
Just once the speedometer needle went beyond 80 kmph on dial, there was no beep either but the speed was not increasing. I guess that was a malfunction of the speed limiter.
However, I feel that 80 kmph speed on dial was not actual 80 kmph. The speed was not that high. However it was my personal perception and I didn't have any other speed measurement available. Nowadays I frequently do 80 kmph in GGN. Hence I had this feeling of difference between what speed dial shows and actual speed of the car.
I had a similar experience with Revv at Ahmedabad which was MH registered. Speed Governor was largely set at 80kmph. If I pressed Accelerator there was no throttle response (I guess fuel was cut-off). But, I also noticed that the speed would eventually go slightly higher than 80kmph (just about 85kmph as per speedometer) on downward sloped roads - just carrying momentum and gravity.

Last edited by dmplog : 20th November 2020 at 15:09. Reason: minor change
Old 4th December 2020, 14:40   #163
BHPian

My experience with Revv was a good one. It was my first time hiring a self drive car and fortunately it went well.

For the last weekend in Nov we had planned a trip to Nagaon. There were 7 people travelling and we did not want to take two cars. Hence I suggested trying out a 7 seater self driven car. Folks were apprehensive at first but finally they relented.

I did not want to go for the Innova or Scorpio and hence booked an Ertiga. The booking was smooth with their mobile app.

On the appointed day the car was delivered on time even though the driver had to pick up from the airport and drive 20km to my house early in the morning. The car was clean inside and out. It had just 20k on the odometer. The delivery person took photos of the car from every angle and marked the scratches and dents on the mobile app. I was right behind him lest he forget to mark something.

Once that was done he showed me the papers and clicked photos of my ID proof and driving license. Also showed me the atypical reverse gear slotting mechanism of the Ertiga. With that he gave me the keys and left.

Pickup was just as smooth. I got a call when I was about an hour from Pune. I confirmed that I will be home in time. The pick up person arrived, again clicked some photos and left with the car.

Costing wise I got 1000/- discount and 1000/- was refunded for additional fuel that I had filled up. They also refunded the 1000 deposit immediately.

The toll charges were deducted since the car had a fastag and it worked perfectly. Total price that I had to pay was 12k for renting an Ertiga for 4 days with 415 km free.

Last edited by luvDriving : 4th December 2020 at 14:42. Reason: spelling
Old 17th December 2020, 17:04   #164
BHPian

I have an international flight to take from Mumbai, and I currently live in Pune. I really want to avoid taking a taxi to Mumbai (with an unknown driver, especially in Covid times), and unfortunately don't really have any family/friends that can drop me.

Was thinking of hiring a self drive in Pune, driving down myself, and then dropping it off at Mumbai airport. Is this even an option with Revv/Zoom etc? Any other recommendations?
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:58   #165

Hey guys,

I would like to share my experience and a word of caution regarding self drive rentals.

I have used Revv extensively and general experience has been alright as they were short/local trips. This time I availed Revv for almost 14 days and things got interesting.

I was stopped by pune traffic police as the vehicle didn't have number plates on all 4 sides. I didn't knew that this is mandate for commercials vehicles. While checking , an earlier unpaid challan of signal jump was also found . This was issued on 8th October which was way before I took the car in December. I was made to pay the same. Also the vehicle didn't have RC. When I called revv customer care, they transferred the call to local supervisor who was of no use in dealing with traffic police. Finally , I had to pay all these fines by myself and got the payment receipt.

Also please check the vehicle tyres while taking delivery. If possible, please get the tyre pressure checked from any roadside tyre shop as it could save you from nasty surprise. My vehicle tyres had 2 punctures and a sidewall leak.

Finally, when I was submitting the vehicle to pickup executive in airport parking lot, somehow the battery of vehicle gave up. I had to push the vehicle while the pickup person tried to clutch start the vehicle.

Going forward, I would definitely think twice before availing these self rentals.
Centodieci is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed