Team-BHP - Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/167422-revv-self-drive-car-rentals-doorstep-delivery-2.html)

Revv seems to be a brilliant alternative to zoom. I remember wanting to book a seven seater earlier this month but the closest place in bombay at that time was 25 kms away however in a couple of days the options were improved to 5 kms from home which is pretty much in the centre of the city. Home delivery and pick up is awesome & the USP, so is the filling of fuel with advantage of unlimited kms. When are they coming to Bombay.

Am assuming the security deposit is Rs 5000 given that liability is restricted to that? Didnt see the security deposit bit mentioned explicitly anywhere

Looks like a better alternative to zoom.
My question is- Is it operating only in Delhi or complete NCR?

Revv's current fleet of cars are mutually exclusive (or with least overlap) with the cars offered by zoomcar.
If they had provided the same set of cars at a better price it is sure to lure Zoomcar customers.

Home pickup + better price = Zoomcar killer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3786779)
Looks like a better alternative to zoom.
My question is- Is it operating only in Delhi or complete NCR?

Complete NCR to start with from the information available so far.

New player in the game http://www.volercars.com/

I guess any car enthusiast would always want to try powerful luxury vehicles. I walways wanted to drive higher bhp vehicles but could not as I could not afford them at this point in my life. All that is changed to some extent now due to these wonderful car rental companies.

I booked Audi A3 through Revv in Delhi. I only wanted to drive the vehicle, so booked it for 4 hours early in the morning 3:30 to 7:30. Revv accepts bookings from 3:30 in the morning. And it is the best time to drive the car due to less traffic conditions and one can enjoy the car thoroughly. Revv is based in Gurgaon. So they only make deliveries at Connaught Place in Delhi.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-slack-ios-upload.png

It's wonderful opportunity to any one who want to drive these vehicles. There is a 20% discount running too.

The Audi A3 is a brand new vehicle registered on September 22 2015. It has already clocked 1800 odd kilometers. The vehicle is in very good condition. Went to Sonepat on the car. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride. The only downer is that the speed limit is 125kmph. But still it's okay. I'll update this thread, once I get the invoice for the ride. As of now It has been a satisfactory experience.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20151010_050432.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20151010_050450.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20151010_061356.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20151010_061415.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20151010_062530.jpg

P.S I have taken permission from revv to upload the images here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krsna777 (Post 3823282)
Revv is based in Gurgaon. So they only make deliveries at Connaught Place in Delhi.

That's a bummer that was told to me very late in the booking process.

What I was told is that my area is out of their service delivery and then can charge an extra 500 to deliver the car to CP where I have to come to pick it up.
I asked them I am fine with charging the extra 500 but see no reason why you cant deliver at my doorstep?! They said not possible.

I went with Voler.

Pretty painless booking process,getting an Ecosport for this weekend.
Hope to have some fun !

I booked a Revv Duster this past weekend for a drive from Gurgaon to Amritsar and back this past weekend. Theirs is the only other self drive rental service I have tried other than Zoomcar and was not disappointed at all (very much unlike my experiences with Zoomcar).

The car delivery guy called an hour in advance of the booking to confirm delivery location and arrived 20 minutes early. The car had a couple of small scratches up front and he noted those down before I signed the delivery document.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-fullsizerender.jpg

The Duster was the 85 PS RxL variant with just 4k on the odo. The car was kept in an immaculate condition inside and out. Parking sensors were missed in the initial parts of the trip as adjusting to a unfamiliar car with poor rear visibility is not too much fun. Other than that, I found an empty bottle of whiskey in the front seat's back pocket. Normally I wouldn't be bothered and would simply go find a dustbin but since I had several other family members with me, it was a tiny bit awkward.

I also spotted some loose wires dangling near the clutch which I had to tape to the dash myself as they kept getting in the way. I'm guessing it's probably their GPS unit (?).

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_5429.jpg

I came back to Gurgaon earlier than expected (at 4:30 PM) and changed the booking time for an early return (from 8:30 to 7:30 PM). The trip can only be shortened only before 3 hours of the end time for you to be able to get the prorated refund (in my case, I could get the booking shortened by one hour only even though I got back to my place 4 hours earlier). They had called me 3.5 hours before to confirm if I will be returning the car on time and that's when I found out about this.

The total cost, Rs 14,330: Diesel for 1200 kms was Rs 3860, and the booking was 9800 for Thursday afternoon to Sunday evening. 670 for three days RTO tax for Punjab.

Zoomcar would have cost the same more or less but given that I didn't have to face any headaches (unlike this), I think Revv was a comparatively superior experience.

Booked through Revvs app . This is the 1st time I am doing a booking for a self drive.

The process was smooth and the price is also moderate. It is 129/Hr for the Innova we booked for 13 hours and it costs approximately 1542 + Caution Deposit of 5000[ with 20% discount through Paytm]

Though I received a message confirming my booking, I did not receive any call making me a bit apprehensive.

Having said that, their person is supposed to call me before the delivery .

Looking forward for the experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 3870522)
Booked through Revvs app . This is the 1st time I am doing a booking for a self drive.

The process was smooth and the price is also moderate. It is 129/Hr for the Innova we booked for 13 hours and it costs approximately 1542 + Caution Deposit of 5000[ with 20% discount through Paytm]

Though I received a message confirming my booking, I did not receive any call making me a bit apprehensive.

Having said that, their person is supposed to call me before the delivery .

Looking forward for the experience.

Hey, can you please share how was your experience? I am planning to be in hyderabad in Feb and want to hire a self drive Innova.

Sorry for a late update..

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakri400 (Post 3886467)
Hey, can you please share how was your experience? I am planning to be in hyderabad in Feb and want to hire a self drive Innova.

Thanks for reminding me friend !

I booked the car from 5 a.m. as already told and the driver called me around 4;45 am for address.

He arrived @ 4:55 am , handed over the keys, showed me around the vehicle .

This car was in virgin condition. The Odo was @ 5000 KM.

There was a checklist and I ticked all what was there in the vehicle.

And unfortunately, though the audio system had aux & USB, I was not provided with any cable. Expecting this, I was ready with my Aux-Bluetooth anywaystupid:

And finally, @ 5;05 am, I had the car.

The vehicle was super smooth considering the history of the cabin noise of Innova. The car is a 7 seater [ captain seats in the middle row] and the drive was as smooth as it could be and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive..

I maintained 90-100 kmph eventhough the speed limit was at 120 kmph , but I did not bother to check that out. I was happier at 90 kmph :D

We drove around 300 KM . I extended my trip by 4 hours, which was simple using the app.

Unfortunately, I became a victim of vandalism. When the car was parked, someone made a 2.5 inch scratch [ I believe it must have been done by a key] on the right side over the rear wheel.

The drop time was 10 pm and driver called me around 9 30 pm .
I filled up the tank before giving the vehicle away. The driver checked out and noted the scratch in the checklist to which I countersigned and left.

I was charged addl 500/- citing Cleaning/Repairing charges

At the outset, I'd say the experience was pleasant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 3886563)
Sorry for a late update..

I was charged addl 500/- citing Cleaning/Repairing charges

At the outset, I'd say the experience was pleasant.

Thank you for the quick response and glad to know that you had good experience. Penalty for the scratch, though unfortunate and not your fault, seems to be reasonable. Pickup and drop is a plus, that too at 4:45 am :)

I have always been a fan of SUVs ever since I started driving almost a decade ago. In the last few years the urge has only gotten stronger for some reason but the two main factors -- limited parking space in our locality and a small family stood in the way of getting a SUV.

So, when I came across companies like Zoom car, Revv etc., I was thrilled to bits. Finally, I could drive an XUV, Scorpio, Innova and even a Q3. I was like a kid in a candyshop. I wanted them all.

Among the many self-drive car rentals, I found Revv to be the best as there was no limitation on kms and I could drive as much as I wanted to.

So, yesterday, (Friday, January 29,2015) I finally booked a XUV 5OO for a duration of 5 hours (from 5 pm to 10 pm).

I booked the car at around 1 pm and immediately got a confirmation mail and a SMS. Then at 4.40 pm I got the first call from the Revv driver who was on his way to deliver the car asking for exact location of my house. After giving him the directions, I asked him from which part of the city was he coming?

“Saket, sir” he said. “Okay,” I said and disconnected the call and I got a feeling that this guy won’t make it on time simply because covering the distance of 18 km (Saket – my residence) in 20 minutes was not possible owing to the rush hour traffic on a weekday.

At 5.05 pm I again called him and he said that he would take a maximum of 20 more minutes. Waiting eagerly, the clock stuck 5.25 but there was still no sign of the car.

Finally, he arrived at 5.40 pm and said that he had missed a turn so had to take a U turn blah blah. He promised that the I could keep the car till 10.40 instead of 10 and mentioned it on the form.

The silver coloured XUV W4 was gleaming and shining and I was so happy to see it finally that for a moment I forgot that the car was delivered 40 minutes late.clap:

However, there was another glitch, Revv says that they provide a full tank of fuel at the time of delivery and expect the same. But when I received the car, the top two bars on the fuel meter were missing. Upon enquiring, the driver said: “Sir, the fuel is at 90 per cent, when you return just fill it up till the same level.”

I had a tough time at the fuel station trying to match the exact number of bars at the time of delivery, which was a waste of time.

Frankly, speaking I am not a superstitious person but I have experienced on more than a few occasions that a bad start seldom ends fruitfully for me.

And this may not fall under a ‘bad start’ but was certainly not on a happy note.

So, coming back, the driver introduced himself, checked my license and ID proof, took photographs of them, as well as all the dents and scratches on the car and sent them to his supervisor. He also asked me to take the photos on my phone so that there is no dispute later.

So, I took pictures of the scratches and nicks (minor), the form that I had signed, the odometer and fuel and that was that. The whole process took just ten minutes and I was on my way.

It was a treat to drive the car and I loved every second of it but at the same time I was very careful to not let any biker too close to the car as I didn’t want any scratch or bump on it.

Here, I would like to clarify that on their website, Revv has mentioned that they if there is an accident, the maximum liability on the customer is Rs.5000/-, which they deduct from your card at the time of booking the vehicle as a security deposit.

And they even go on to say that they may not charge anything for minor scratches.

My route for the evening was -- Rajendra Nagar (central Delhi) – Mayur Vihar (east Delhi) – Connaught Place (central Delhi) – Mayur Vihar – Rajendra Nagar.

All was going well until I was in my last leg of the trip. That’s when my nightmare came true. Yes, I had an accident!

I was casually waiting at the Sarai Kale Khan traffic signal when I heard loud bang and realised that someone had hit me from behind.

So, this had happened. My first ever car rental experience and I have an accident. Great!

I got out and the culprit was a Ford Ecosport (Rajasthan registered). The driver was actually waiting behind me at the signal and somehow pressed the accelerator (his car was in gear and the clutch was engaged) I don’t know how’s that possible, but yeah that’s what he said.

The driver, must be in his early 20s, immediately apologised and said he would pay for the damage. Being a Jaipur resident, he did not want to get in any legal tangle in Delhi.

I explained to him that it was not my car but a rental and I would have to inform them while he should wait.

I called Revv, informed them about the accident, they asked me to wait and that a representative would get back. I got a call five minutes later, and the guy on the other end asked me to send a few pictures of the dent on WhatsApp.

After going through them, he gave me an estimate of minimum Rs.3500/- which frankly speaking was a joke because it was a dry dent on the rear hatch of the car and there was absolutely no damage to the paint or for that matter the bumper.

Meanwhile, the Revv guy clearly told me that a minimum of Rs.3500/- would be deducted from my account and it was up to me to get as much as I could from the Ecopsort driver.

The fact that the money would be deducted from my security made me see red.:Frustrati

So, I asked the Revv representative to explain in detail to the driver of the Ecosport as to how I will have to pay for his irresponsible action.

But the driver said that he had just Rs.500 with him and that I could check his wallet or car if I wanted to which was obviously not acceptable to me. He was apoligising profusely to me and said that I could take Rs.500 from him.

In fact, I agreed with him that it was not a Rs.3500/- damage but frankly speaking, I was helpless. Had it been my car, I wouldn’t have even bothered and got it fixed from my neighbourhood garage for a paltry sum.

So, after about half an hour of arguments and phonecalls and sharing photos on whatsapp etc. etc. I was at my wits end and decided to call it a night. I told the guy that he was free to go and I will deal with the company. He again offered me Rs.500 but I refused. He thanked me and drove off.

I then visited a fuel station, got the car filled came back home and returned the car at 10.50 pm. I informed the driver about the accident, signed a form and went home.

After having dinner, I shot a mail to Revv narrating the episode and requesting that no unreasonable amount of money be deducted from my security going by the damage to the car which was minor. I am awaiting their reply.

At the end, the episode has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am not sure whether I would be booking another self-drive rental anytime soon. Even if I do, will I be able to enjoy the drive or keep constantly worrying about another accident? I have absolutely no idea.

I have shared this post for all fellow Bhpians who are planning to try a car rental.

Booked an Audi Q3 for a day trip (Bangalore to Coimbatore to Bangalore) for Feb 19th from revv. This is going to be my first luxury drive and I can't wait to get my hands on this beast and experience the thrill of 174 horses on tap. Will post the experience soon.

Booked an innova for an overnight trip from Hyd for Feb 24. I have been contemplating this innova self drive for sometime. This will give me an opportunity to test how comfortable I am with this huge muv. Hope it impresses me enough to go get the crysta :)

Also, thanks @poised2drive for the Paytm tip. Saved me a 500 bucks!