Team-BHP - Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/167422-revv-self-drive-car-rentals-doorstep-delivery-3.html)

I wanted to rent a car seat too. Called Revv support, they don't have baby car seats! Got to find someone who can spare a car seat for a day in Hyderabad

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakri400 (Post 3915120)
I wanted to rent a car seat too. Called Revv support, they don't have baby car seats! Got to find someone who can spare a car seat for a day in Hyderabad

For what age are you looking for a seat? I can lend you my son's seat if it works for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifu (Post 3915122)
For what age are you looking for a seat? I can lend you my son's seat if it works for you.

Thanks shifu for the offer, that was very generous of you. My kid is 2 years old. I will be in hyd on feb 24 and will be travelling the same evening. Not sure if this works. I will PM you my number, we could talk briefly.

Anyone rented out a car recently? If yes, how was the experience? I'm planning on leasing a car, if they have an 8-seater - Innova without captain seat. Do let me know?

Hi guys, I am planning to book a revv car and go for an inter state trip. Can anyone let me know where do you pay the inter state tax while crossing border? I have seen some RTA check posts that are unmanned and some so over crowded with the truck guys that it will be a nightmare to join the queue behind them.
If I don't bother and simply drive through, revv rule book says the 5000 limit does not apply when some one does not pay inter state tax. Thus one will have to pay up full amount in case of damage.

Appreciate if you can share your inter state drive experience.

I rented a Ford EcoSport through Revv in February this year, but had an extremely disappointing experience.

The poor service started off even before we received the car. I had scheduled a 7AM drop-off, and received a call the previous evening at 8PM asking if it would be ok if the car was dropped off at 5AM! I politely refused, given that I had no intention of waking up that early. However, the next morning I promptly started getting calls at 5:30AM from the drop-off agent asking if he could drop-off the car early, as he was "in the area." I finally asked him to deliver the car by 6:30am.

When the car was delivered, it had only 85%-90% of the fuel tank filled, however the executive confirmed that it was actually full and the needle did not move up beyond the 'F' on the gauge. Having not driven an Ecosport before this, I took the Revv agent at face value, however when I topped up the vehicle before delivery, I realized that the car was delivered to me with less fuel. Besides, for a rental service which is giving out cars in Gurgaon & Delhi in winter, the car was the base variant EcoSport and did not even come with Fog Lamps! This made driving after sunset extremely challenging.

Lastly, for a scheduled pick-up of 8:30pm, the executive arrived at 10pm and was unable to locate the pick-up address for over an hour (even though it is easily searchable on Google Maps) and the drop-off executive had no issues with the same. The agent was also extremely rude and insolent despite being so late.

Had decided to try Revv after reading good things about the service on Team-BHP, however was extremely disappointed with the service levels and deceit regarding the fuel.

I have a REVV booking for next week after my recent terrible Zoomcar experience made me jump ship.

I'll post a review once I've used their car/services.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixash (Post 3956799)
I rented a Ford EcoSport through Revv in February this year, but had an extremely disappointing experience......

Word of caution/advice for the future: We live in a country with ZERO consumer protection, so it's best to be paranoid and document every little detail. Nothing like pictorial evidence; I click pictures of every little dent, ding, scratch, fuel gauge, odometer at start/finish, broken/missing equipment, you name it. Leave nothing to chance, and trust nobody at face value for something that can have financial/legal implications later.

Protect yourself as the consumer because nobody else will.

I decided to give Revv a try after having been a Zoom customer for a long time.

This time for a change, I went with the Revv to work option which allows you to rent the car for a 4 day duration (Monday 8AM to Thursday 8PM). Chose the Figo Aspire for which they charged only Rs.1995/- for 4 days:D

The delivery Exec called me early on Monday morning and wanted to check if he could deliver the car to me around 6AM. Being an early riser I was happy to go with the option and would also give me an opportunity to experience the vehicle on empty tarmac. What surprised me was the vehicle was really clean and almost brand new. Except for a slightly broken tail light and a cracked wheel cap there were no other visible damages/scratches. The car had done about 12K on the ODO. They had provided me with the Mid variant (Trend). Wish they had installed Reverse sensors and also upgraded the flimsy tyres. But apart from that no other gripes.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20160418_064047.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20160418_064156.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20160418_064258.jpg

Returned the car yesterday night. Overall has been a pleasant experience so far.

After a horrendous Zoomcar experience, decided to give Revv a try.

Booking

Booking experience via their app/website was hassle-free. Paytm wallet payment is optional, debit/credit/net-banking options are available. Refunds go back to source account one uses to pay.

Delivery/The car
I'd booked a Figo Aspire. Car was delivered 45 minutes before pickup time. Late risers should be careful making early morning bookings as they call well in advance to confirm drop address!

I was given a Jan 2016 registered Ruby Red Aspire TDCi (Trend Variant), with ~16k kms on the Odometer. Car was serviced just two days prior (A.S.S. service tag stil hanging from IRVMclap:). It had its share of bumps and scratches, but a test drive confirmed it was mechanically sound and nothing was amiss. It could've been cleaned better though, but not a deal-breaker like Zoom's stink-houses on wheels.

There's no app-based checklist, the driver uses a paper document and takes pictures of all damages during handover. Fuel was slightly below full, but the exec refused to acknowledge that. Everything verified and countersigned, and I'm ready to go.

Returns follow the same procedure, and the app provides a 'checkout' option, which doesn't really do anything. Your return is still governed by the checklist. I got a confirmation call a few hours prior to my scheduled trip closure to check if I'll be returning the car on time, or need an extension. +1 for customer service!

Usage/T&C

1. Revv works on an unlimited kms, you pay for your fuel usage principle, unlike's Zoom's fuel-inclusive/kilometer-capped policy.
2. Refundable security deposit is INR 5000. T&C seem identical to Zoom's limited liability policy, with obvious exceptions for illegal activities (drunk driving, speeding, traffic violations, driving without a license etc).
3. Speed limit capped at 125 kmph.

Summary

Revv seems like a good option, IF they can maintain their service levels with growing business. The cars are relatively new - they claim a 'fleet rotation policy' on their website to avoid having old cars, remains to be seen longer term - and the choice is diverse. My car seemed to have a minor balancing issue on the front left wheel, but that's to be expected on a rental I guess.

I like the unlimited kms/pay for your own fuel idea, as it gives the end user flexibility and would presumably cajole the majority to drive sanely to keep refuel bills low.

I'd be inclined to try them again, and if the experience is consistent, I see no reason to go back to Zoomcar.

Rev's website does not load at all on my iMac.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me?

Thanks and cheers

Had booked a Celerio from Revv today. The total duration was from Morning 6:00 to night 9:30. Main objective was to take the car on my daily commute and evaluate buying options. Overall experience was flawless.

Booking
Booked it via the website and was pretty straight forward. Initially I did not understand the maintenance charges part but later read through the website to get to know. One advantage is that it will allow extension without blowing the purse. For example, I had initially given pickup time as 8:30PM but later felt it would be a little early, since I had planned to let my mum(will be using it for errands) and dad drive the car for a while and get a hang of it. Hence I extended it by an hour by just paying Rs. 59. This was done before the actual booking started so I am not sure if it was because of this. Nevertheless the car was free so it was rescheduled without hassle.

It was a very random thing I did yesterday booking the car. And to top it, I had given an early morning delivery which I was very unsure of the guy coming so early in the morning to deliver the car. Since I did not have any experience with Revv before I was not even sure they would honour the booking. Unlike zoomcar where they list the cars in the location with their availability. Hence I was expecting a call saying the car isnt available or a different car being provided.

Delivery/The car
Apart from a message confirmation, I had not got any other details. I was woken up in the morning at 4:30 by the driver saying he is leaving the Hub for delivery. In bangalore, the only hub is in Bellandur which is quite a far away place from my house. They had tried to call me at 01:30AM too which I had not picked up(and a little inappropriate to call at such a time).

At 5AM, I receive a call that the guy is already in front of my house. Surprised and impressed too, I went down. The checklist took a good 20mins to get done and the poor chap had no means of transport to get back. He had a pickup nearby which I obliged to find for him and drop him there. I dropped him halfway and returned home, which I used as an opportunity to check the car. It was all fine.

The car in general was in superb condition. Interiors were in top shape and it was a one year old car with 25k kms on the Odo. No major dents or scratches anywhere. Drove really well and I was surprised by the overall performance.

End of the day, another guy came to pickup and as usual this guy came in a bus all the way from bellandur and I had to pick him up from bus stop. I might not have done that but poor chap I can feel the pain travelling in bus along that stretch. He completed all the formalities in detail and took another 20mins.

One thing I see here is the detail at which they look at things. Both during pickup and drop lots of pictures were taken and whatsapped to their group which they can use as reference. In case a different driver comes for pick up, he will still have images of the car before they handed it over to me. Just hope that this system continues and not become like zoom car. When I went to pick up A Zoomcar, there was no one at site and I had to take photos of the damage myself. Call center guy tells it's okay sir nothing will happen. This leniency and carelessness led to what it is now.

Overall as long as they keep this level of service, Revv is a recommended service. However they don't give cars for less than 10hours like how zoomcar does and maybe for short distances it will be an expensive option. But for long trips, this is the best option. The fuel tank was filled when I got the car and was still indicating full during return. However filled a meagre 3liters of fuel and returned it back since the fuel bar would have dropped anytime.

Lets see if they retain the service levels. It seems they have 50 cars currently and all are in high demand.

There's another thing I came across, which I will share later. Quite an interesting find I made

I too had a very positive experience with Revv.

I had booked a Toyota Innova from Revv for 38 hours (Sunday 7am to Monday 9pm - part weekend, part weekday). The overall rental was Rs. 6302 with Rs. 300 as delivery/pickup charges. They also collected Rs. 5000 as deposit. A brand new vehicle (only 225km on odo) was delivered on time.

Unfortunately, I scratched the headlight against a bus during the trip. Surprisingly, the headlight glass projects farther than the bumper in Innova. The glass did not break but there were visible scratches. They charged me Rs. 726 as maintenance charges which I think is pretty reasonable. They also refunded me the remainder within 24 hours.

So, overall a positive experience with Revv.

- Prasad

Booked a XUV 5oo from Revv. Had booked an early morning slot 5 AM for a 36 hour period. Rental was Rs. 4584 including door step delivery/ pick up. They called me thrice at around 12 midnight before the delivery slot. Ridiculous of them to expect a customer to answer at those hours.

Anyway before I could broach this in the morning, got the news that the car tyre got punctured enroute to my place from their hub. The driver informed that he will replace the punctured tyre with the spare. When asked what will I do without a spare, he replied that I could get the punctured tyre repaired in a tyre shop blah blah. Felt there was no point in talking to him further, spoke with the supervisor guy in the hub. When I asked for a replacement, he said all other cars are booked. I stood my ground and said am not taking anything other than a replacement car. I was open to any other 7 seater if not a XUV. He said he will call back in some time. And all this was happening beyond my planned start time. Then I called him again and he said he will arrange for a replacement XUV. Asked him for plate numbers of both the cars. He obliged.

I finally got the car at around 615 and after all formalities and the request by the driver to drop him at the nearest bus stop, we could finally start at around 650 AM. (I stay in North Bangalore and their hub is in Marathalli).

The total trip was around 558 kms and the booking duration was 36 hours. We reached back home atleast 2.5 hours before the planned end time. Pick up process was smooth. Just that one has to wait till the person comes.

The total cost would have been Rs. 450 lesser in Zoom for the same stats.
Probably the cost would be lesser relative to Zoom for kms beyond a threshold. Will try to get a calculator done for this comparison.

I got a car with the bonnet ribbons still on :) and with just 47xx kms on the odo.

Apart from the newer cars in the fleet and may be cost effectiveness for high kilometers usage, I do not know if this is better than Zoom in any other aspect. In Zoom, I have a pick up point very close to my place, I do not have to worry about topping up with fuel (am sure most often one would end up filling more than what was initially available when the vehicle is given).

The midnight calls and their attempt to push the same punctured car did not go down too well with me. May be this is just a one off case and ultimately they bowed to customer pressure. So fine.
Somehow I have never had a negative experience with Zoom so far (close to 8-9 rides till now).

Booked a Revv for the first time and it did not go well.

I had booked an Aspire, but today morning just before delivery, I got a call from their Hyderabad hub telling me that their Aspire had met with an accident and that they'd send me a Sunny. I did not budge and told them to cancel the booking. The guy on the other side wasn't apologetic at all.

By the time I ended the call, the guy had already arrived at the spot. He too tried to convince me, but I did not accept and sent him back. After all, why would I agree to take a boring Sunny over a scorcher Aspire?

While I agree that they did behave responsibly by arranging for a more expensive vehicle, they could have informed me earlier. They had already called me once yesterday night and multiple times in the early morning (starting from 4.30) messing up my sleep. If they had informed me at that time, I could have just cancelled the booking then and gone to office instead of wasting my leave.

Also, while the guy on the phone said that the car had met with an accident, the guy who had come to deliver the car told me that the previous customer had not returned the car. Don't know whom to believe.

IMO, they could have tried to show better customer service by offering me a choice of a car or asking if I can reschedule the booking to some other day or some other kind of compensation. More than not getting the car,the unapologetic tone and the brick and mortar kind of customer service was a bigger disappointment. I don't think I'll ever bother with Revv again (all of my previous experiences with Zoom were good, they just need to expand their inventory)

I needed a car in Noida for a day and decided to go with REVV. I booked the Grande I 10 at 59rs/hr for 12 hours ( 7:30 AM to 7 PM) and it was an easy thing to do on the app and got a confirmation sms as well.
Got a call at 6 AM from the driver who was asking for directions, spent the next hour giving him directions to the society where I was at in Noida. The car had some visible scratches all around which were noted by the driver. I also made a video for my own records. The interiors were clean and the car had done over 53k kms. The fuel gauge was also at the Full mark. Since I had to go to Meerut which was also in U.P I was saved the hassle of paying State Tax.
I drove it for 220 kms and came back at 6 PM and then kept on waiting for the pick up guy to call. Finally I contacted the call centre at 8PM and was told that the guy is on his way. He finally reached me at 9:30 PM. Gave him the car keys, signed the return forms and checked-out in the App.

In total I paid 5963 rs which included the refundable security of 5000rs from which they have deducted 220rs as maintenance charge which is 1rs/km. I should get 4800 back soon as mentioned in the invoice. The total diesel I had to fill was for rs. 450.
Hence it cost me around 1600 to hire from Revv for a 220 km trip for 12 hrs.
This is much cheaper than Zoom Car.
The overall experience was pleasant however some improvement can be made in the pick up and drop part.