Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2018, 14:06   #76
BHPian

Re: Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery

Had booked an Ecosport from Bangalore airport for a road trip to Mysore-Coorg for the holidays. Had quite a seamless experience.

The car had 115k on the odo yet was well maintained, neat, mechanically sound barring a few broken pieces in the interiors.

The revv representative picked me up from the airport, drove past the toll booth to complete the formalities and handed over the car. Similarly on the return, the representative met just before the toll booth, completed formalities and dropped us to the airport.
arun687 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 16:35   #77
BHPian

Revv self-drive - my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Great to know about positive feedback on Revv. I too have booked my winter trip to Coastal Karnataka. And I too have booked XUV500. I am yet to book the overhead luggage rack though. Any idea how to secure it?
This is a late update - but nevertheless!
We completed our self-drive road trip in October through Revv. Car we chose was XUV5OO. We chose the plan that excluded fuel and included 1010 km distance. Pick-up and drop was at Bangalore Airport.
The experience overall was very good. We picked up vehicle from Bangalore Airport. Actually, we reached BLR about 2 hours prior to the start time of our Revv Booking. I made a quick call and they agreed to drop the vehicle earlier.
Vehicle was clean inside-out. All things in working condition. We were given a folder which had all the documentation. Revv representative explained various controls, etc.
We had requested for a luggage carrier which was present. We actually realised that though we requested this carrier, we didn't get the rope to tie the luggage! We requested Revv representative and he kindly obliged! That was nice touch.
For the record, we drove about 1500 kms over 9 days and we ended up paying about 30K incl luggage rack.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the service and would go with Revv if there is an opportunity.
dmplog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 04:56   #78
BHPian

Legal Notice from Revv

Hi BHPians,

I received a legal notice from Revv claiming that I did not pay the damage amount of 8000 caused to the car radiator. I booked the one way car from Chennai to Bangalore and the car was picked up by one of the Revv person next day evening.

While picking up the car, Revv person throughly checked the car and picked the car however the next day, I get a invoice claiming to pay 8000 for the damage to the radiator support.

How should I go about this?

I am pretty sure there was no damage to the radiator done unless it was already damaged while giving the car to me and they want to recover the money from me by giving false claims.

Should the onus lie on the Revv to check the car throughly before picking it up back or they have a right to claim money even after the booking is over?

Can someone give me a legal help here?

Regards
udayjani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 16:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
At this point I find their set up the most attractive if I was ever to book - amongst all the other self drive options out there. Just one fly in the ointment. They don't seem to have any A/T options in their line up.

I had a quick look at their terms and they don't seem to impose any speed limits. Can anyone confirm this either way?

Thanks
I'm not sure if it's a recent development, but Revv has added the Maruti Ciaz AT (Petrol) to their fleets across many cities. Also, their speed limit is 125 kph (electronically limited to 80 kph in certain states).
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-screenshot_20180116161944.jpg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-screenshot_20180116164033.jpg  

RoverX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 17:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
While picking up the car, Revv person throughly checked the car and picked the car however the next day, I get a invoice claiming to pay 8000 for the damage to the radiator support.
So - did you hit an extra big speedbreaker or something of the sort during your journey?

Right now it is difficult to prove your case, and it is difficult for them to prove their case as well that this is not any previous damage.

However for a petty sum of Rs.8000 they and/or you will end up spending far more for lawyers.

You may contact a lawyer and send back a response to their notice saying you have not damaged the car and returned it to them intact, so that it was accepted by their representative. But in all honesty's sake - please do that if and only if you are absolutely sure you were not at fault.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 01:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
So - did you hit an extra big speedbreaker or something of the sort during your journey?

Right now it is difficult to prove your case, and it is difficult for them to prove their case as well that this is not any previous damage.

However for a petty sum of Rs.8000 they and/or you will end up spending far more for lawyers.

You may contact a lawyer and send back a response to their notice saying you have not damaged the car and returned it to them intact, so that it was accepted by their representative. But in all honesty's sake - please do that if and only if you are absolutely sure you were not at fault.
Hi Hserus,

Thanks for your inputs.

I am 100% sure, I did not hit any speedbreaker nor hit any other vehicle. I have been told to pay 8000 towards Radiator issue however today I got a mail claiming to pay 45246 towards the below charges (PDF attached).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0069.pdf (122.7 KB, 2000 views)
udayjani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 05:55   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hserus,

Thanks for your inputs.

I am 100% sure, I did not hit any speedbreaker nor hit any other vehicle. I have been told to pay 8000 towards Radiator issue however today I got a mail claiming to pay 45246 towards the below charges (PDF attached).
This is extremely scary. There is no way in which you should be charged after you returned the car and it was recorded that there was no damage. Also, the bill mentions a significant amout for painting and why would such a damage escape the Revv representative while taking the car back? This is disconcerting. Also, how can they charge yoy for the entire damage? What does the insurance do for them?
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 06:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hserus,

Thanks for your inputs.

This is pathetic, how can they ask the customer to pay for the damages. Where is the insurance for the car?
In all likelihood the executive who picked up the car must have damaged it and passed it on you.

Always and always take a video and sufficient photos of the car inside and outside before collecting and dropping off the car. Also ensure you take a photo of the signed document from the executive.
This applies to all self drive cars
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 07:11   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
This is extremely scary. There is no way in which you should be charged after you returned the car and it was recorded that there was no damage. Also, the bill mentions a significant amout for painting and why would such a damage escape the Revv representative while taking the car back? This is disconcerting. Also, how can they charge yoy for the entire damage? What does the insurance do for them?
Just send back a notice that says the car was handed back in good condition to the executive and there is no way that so much damage would not have been noticed by him. Let them argue it out.
Old 18th January 2018, 06:38   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Just send back a notice that says the car was handed back in good condition to the executive and there is no way that so much damage would not have been noticed by him. Let them argue it out.
Hi Hserus,

What is the ramifications of this legal case?

Would you mind sharing contacts of good lawyer whom I can approach or will I be entitled to file a reply through consumer court?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This is pathetic, how can they ask the customer to pay for the damages. Where is the insurance for the car?
In all likelihood the executive who picked up the car must have damaged it and passed it on you.

Always and always take a video and sufficient photos of the car inside and outside before collecting and dropping off the car. Also ensure you take a photo of the signed document from the executive.
This applies to all self drive cars
Hi Speedmiester,

I have taken the pictures of the car outside while taking the car from Chennai but couldn't take the pictures while dropping the car at Bangalore.

The person who came to pick up the car did not even get my sign that he's taking the car back nor he checked the thoroughly for any damage. But yes, the person who gave the car to me in Chennai did take the pictures of the damages in the car and got my signature on the booking form.

I spoke to the customer care yesterday and they are under the impression that I have signed the form stating that I will pay the amount while dropping the car at Bangalore. So it appears the person who took the delivery of the car must have damaged it or both the Chennai and Bangalore center aren't in sync with each other.

With respect to the legal notice, should i reply from Chennai or Bangalore or it doesn't matter?

Last edited by ajmat : 18th January 2018 at 10:01.
Old 18th January 2018, 07:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hserus,

What is the ramifications of this legal case?

Would you mind sharing contacts of good lawyer whom I can approach or will I be entitled to file a reply through consumer court?
If you live in Chennai do this through the Chennai courts. Any lawyer you find should be able to handle sending back a simple notice to them.

If you have not signed any undertaking you will pay for damages then that's fine. State that in your reply.

If its taken forward it will generally be taken forward in a consumer court.
Old 4th February 2018, 01:33   #87
BHPian

Had booked a Revv XUV on the Republic Day weekend.

The service: Prompt. Had the car with me a few hours before scheduled (my booking started at 5AM and the car was delvered at 1:00 AM after I confirmed I am ok with a odd hour delivery). And was picked back up right on time.

I did have concerns over why I would accept the car and park it with the risk of someone vandalising it, but that was me being over cautious (and realistic) and I did not want to risk being late.

The car: 86,000+ on the odo. A fair share of dents and scratches. But newish tires, and good mechanical, the clutch eing super light. The suspension and alignment though could use some more love, but then with the 'drive it like you stole it' attitude, I dont know who to blame. The car was cleaned before delivery and mostly rattle free.

The invoicing: This was the weird part. I had crossed the limit I had paid (by under 70kms), but was expected to pay cash while returning the car back. If I book a car on my card, I expect the extras to be charged on that. Cash is inconvinient!

The Irritants:
I think I am being picky here, but apart from the XUV rding like a boat, the alarm that rang off if you were near the top limited speed was way too loud, long and irritating. Thankfully, it was set to below the allowed limit so acted as a good alert, rather than a 'you have been fined' message.

Overall, I would rent from these guys again. However, if available, I would booksomething newer like a Hexa or a Crysta so that it has lower miles and is in slighty better shape.
Old 14th April 2018, 17:33   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
I had a very positive rental ( door step delivery ) experience with Revv this week.
Hi Ravich. I read your review and decided to book an XUV from Revv from Jakkur to Nandi hills. Your post gave me confidence and it was well justified ! The car was booked for midnight but the driver dropped off the vehicle at 10:30 itself. No fuss about dents and scratches, all were counted. The car had 47k on the odo but the interiors seemed brand new from the look of them. Fuel tank was full.

The XUV drove like a charm and the speakers were top class. Even on the steep sections of the hills, where many cars blew their clutches, it went up without breaking a sweat.

The person collected the car on time, charged me the extra kms travelled and that was it. Superfine delivery, pickup of the vehicle and hassle free usage of the car. Customer delight personified.

Here is the car I used.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_6429.jpg
Old 30th April 2018, 17:18   #89
BHPian

Dear BHPians, has anyone traveled between Hyderabad and Bangalore by a Revv car? Did you pay any interstate tax? If so, how and where?

TIA
Old 30th April 2018, 17:53   #90
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the customer care yesterday and they are under the impression that I have signed the form stating that I will pay the amount while dropping the car at Bangalore. So it appears the person who took the delivery of the car must have damaged it or both the Chennai and Bangalore center aren't in sync with each other.
udayjani,
Any update on your radiator damage issue with Revv? I know they have a limited liability clause of Rs 10,000 in case of a damage to the car even if it is a major damage.

Details from their webpage:

Limited liability
In the event of damages, your liability is limited to a maximum of Rs 10000. You will need to pay Damage Fee equivalent to the repair cost (as estimated by an authorized dealership) and downtime losses, upto a maximum of Rs 10000. This is independent of the nature and terms of the insurance cover that Revv has on the cars.
Please note that the maximum liability policy is intended to benefit and protect the responsible user. In situations of irresponsible or unsafe or negligent usage, there could be discretionary exceptions to this policy, whereby the user could be liable for all damages irrespective of whether or not Revv is able to claim insurance in such cases. Examples of such situation include, but are not limited to:

When the User is not in compliance with the laws and/or with terms of the Revv User Agreement
When the User is found to be under the influence of alcohol/narcotics while driving
When the User is over-speeding (i.e., above 125 Kms/Hr)
When the User is in violation of traffic rules or of the Motor Vehicles Act (for example, if the User has not paid the inter-state tax while crossing a state border)
When the person driving the vehicle at the time of the incident is found to be different than the one who made the booking
When the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the User continues driving the vehicle even when it is performing abnormally
When the number of people in the car at the time of the incident exceed the standard seating capacity of the car
When the incident happened in a state for which the user had failed to pay the inter-state tax while entering the state
When there is misrepresentation of information in the driving license and ID proof details shared by the user
Where there is clear evidence of extremely rash and negligent driving on the user's part

In cases where the estimated damage charges exceed the security deposit, we will request the user to pay the same at the time of returning the car. In cases of non-payment, Revv reserves the right of legal action, reporting to credit bureau and reporting to other authorities or persons, irrespective of their direct relevance to the case.
In cases of accident, fare for the unused hours will not be refunded.
Revv typically avoids charging for very minor damages (e.g., minor scratches and dents), and covers the vast majority of damage incidents under the maximum liability policy.
In cases of collision or User failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by the User. In cases of vehicle failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by us.

Last edited by Romins : 30th April 2018 at 17:58. Reason: added details
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks