Team-BHP - Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/167422-revv-self-drive-car-rentals-doorstep-delivery-7.html)

Revv Cars.

Honda City, Manual, Diesel, with fuel for 380 kms and home pickup and drop.
Rs 8242 + Rs 2000 as refundable deposit.

From 5/May/2018, 08:00 AM
To 6/May/2018, 10:00 PM

Car arrived at 7:00 AM and the guy explained all the features. He also asked me to check the documents. The tank was full.

We drove to Pondicherry. About 10 kilometers after the toll gate, located the RTA checkpost. Showed them all the documents and got the permit. They took Rs 110 and gave a receipt for the same. No bribes were requested nor did I offer anything. The entire process took less than 10 minutes.

The car was in good shape and most of my driving was in the 80-90 kmph range.
The on board milage indicator showed 19.5 kmpl.
This steadily dropped to 17 after we roamed the streets of Pondicherry.

Returned back home at 7:00 PM and called up Revv Cars.
They sent in a guy who inspected the car and took it back.

Overall a very good experience.

Booked a Revv XUV for a Pune - Shirdi trip over the weekend.

A W4 XUV with 47k on the clock was delivered at Pune Airport and aside from a few dents (and loose / slightly hanging rear bumper black trim) was in quite decent condition.

Drop off at the airport was also smooth except the guy who came to pick up the vehicle had no idea of what dents it has when I accepted it, how many litres of diesel it was given to me with etc. weird as it’s all there on his app.

The seats were covered in cheap rexine seat covers and this was something I didn’t need on a burning hot Pune summer day. My back and thighs were soon sticky with sweat and I developed a heat boil or two thanks to the seat cover :(

Aircon was only functional at full speed, I guess nobody ever heard of cleaning the AC cabin filter.

The tyres were bargain basement JK brand and one of them had a small chip of rubber missing from the sidewall. Immediate decision made to drive at a sedate 80-100. Not that such speeds were always possible with the heavy truck and bus traffic, and the disgusting condition of several km of kutcha gravel road on the Ahmednagar bypass, which I absent mindedly turned into instead of going through Ahmednagar town.

The four or five sloping hairpins en route were decently handled by the XUV but the major pain was rear visibility thanks to thick C pillars and a comparatively small rear window.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4397040)
...the disgusting condition of several km of kutcha gravel road on the Ahmednagar bypass, which I absent mindedly turned into instead of going through Ahmednagar town....

Off-topic, but they still haven't fixed that road?:eek:

I made the mistake of taking that stretch once four years ago, and they'd just dumped a layer of sharp rocks over the entire stretch, presumably to make it look like they were fixing it.

I somehow escaped with several tread chips on my brand new Michelins, miraculously no sidewall damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4397214)
Off-topic, but they still haven't fixed that road?:eek:

I made the mistake of taking that stretch once four years ago, and they'd just dumped a layer of sharp rocks over the entire stretch, presumably to make it look like they were fixing it.

I somehow escaped with several tread chips on my brand new Michelins, miraculously no sidewall damage.

My wife makes me take her to Shirdi once a year so I can confidently state that the road seems to remain the same, or maybe get worse, every time I make the mistake of taking it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romins (Post 4393575)
udayjani,
Any update on your radiator damage issue with Revv? I know they have a limited liability clause of Rs 10,000 in case of a damage to the car even if it is a major damage.

Romins

The last conversation I had with them was that I did not sign any undertaking stating that I will pay for the charges nor the person who picked the car did not even bothered to check the car before taking it back.

I suspect the car was either damaged after taking it back from me because it’s no way possible I’d have driven a car for 350+ kms With a damage inside the engine compartment.

They have taken a step back and got surprised when I told them that I did not sign any document while returning the car to make the payment for the damages. I got a call from them stating their has been some mistake regarding the bill I have to pay for the damages. That’s the last call I got the from Revv in this regards.

I would like to know from the experts whether should I file a case against them for harassing me?

Regards
/UJ

If they have sent you a written demand asking for compensation / damages, ask them for a letter on their letterhead stating that they have no claim against you as of [date] for any issue whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by udayjani (Post 4402461)
They have taken a step back and got surprised when I told them that I did not sign any document while returning the car to make the payment for the damages. I got a call from them stating their has been some mistake regarding the bill I have to pay for the damages. That’s the last call I got the from Revv in this regards.

I would like to know from the experts whether should I file a case against them for harassing me?

Wait for them to revert with a formal claim in writing with proper documentation.
When/If you get a call from them again tell them that you would need proper documentation to process this further. Let them make a case first and than you take it from there.
On a different note, I ve used revv on 4 occasions and for extended period and have been happy with their service.

If they don't have your acknowledgment, I don't think they have any case against you.

When I was returning my revv rental, I was about to click some pictures of the car. The guy who came for the pickup told me to not bother. He said I will get an email with all the pics and once they have taken the car away, there is nothing I am liable for.

This is how the email looked like:

Quote:

Hi,
Here’s the invoice and status summary of your car corresponding to booking id <> at the end of your trip.To proceed with your refund, please confirm this summary by sharing OTP <> with our delivery executive.

Invoice:
Refund to be processed: Rs. 2000
Total amount paid by you: Rs. 10242
Base fare of your trip: Rs. 7942
Doorstep delivery and pickup: Rs. 300
Other charges: Rs. 0

Status summary at end of trip:
Odometer reading: 48204 kms
Fuel level: 47.5 %
Car Body: dent/scratch See Img
Fire Ext: No fire extinguisher
Other aspects of the car are in OK condition

You can access the images at url

For any concerns with invoice, please call us at +91 9250035555.
For any concerns with the status summary, please inform our delivery executive. He will revise the status summary and you will receive a fresh email. Please share the OTP with him only when you are ready to confirm the invoice and status summary.
Keep Revving!
Team @ Revv

Looks like Revv has added Vento Diesel to their fleet. Does anyone know if these are speed limited to 80 km/h in their Mumbai fleet?

Had a very positive experience with Revv in Chennai. I was a meeting a friend after almost 8 years, and we decided to make the occasion memorable by taking a road trip.

I booked a Grand i10 diesel from their website for about 15 hours (6:00 AM in the morning to 9:00 PM in the evening), with the 225 kilometers package without fuel. The pickup and drop process was extremely smooth, the agent was very polite, barring the fact that he called me at 3:15 AM to confirm my pick up location!

The car was a maroon colored 2015 model Grand i10 Magna diesel. It was extremely neat and clean, drove almost like new despite having done 72,000+ kilometers. It had a few minor dents and scratches that would be expected of any rental car. My only grouse was the terrible audio system in the car.

Overall a very positive experience, almost as good, if not better than Drivezy, and certainly far better than Zoomcar.

Had taken a Revv Scorpio for 48 hours from Bangalore with Door Delivery and Return Option, recently in Bangalore. The delivery was prompt at the requested time of 6.00 am in my residential community in North Bangalore and the pick up was on time as well.

The Scorpio was spotlessly clean (specially the interior) and in good condition mechanically.

The documentation process using WA and Mobile was quick & Efficient.

The Extra-mile Effort from Revv

I had reported the following incident in the thread "All Roads to Kerala"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4449009

I am happy to report that, Inspite of the rental agreement clause - that the renter have to bear the inter-state permit cost, the Revv Team, refunded the entire amount I had to shell out towards the Kerala State Permit

I think it was a call beyond duty on their part to do so and I want to place on record my sincere thanks and appreciation of the Revv Team.

They made it very clear that they are doing so as an one-off case, without setting any precedent whatsoever, in view of the high amount I had to shell out

You've won a permenant customer Revv !!!

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

I got different versions of car age from Revv-Ahmedabad.

I wanted to rent a Scorpio from Revv in Ahmedabad from 4th to 9th December, but as I've used only Zoomcars earlier I was unsure of general condition of cars with Revv. Thought I'll search online reviews for Revv first & didn't complete the booking.

Within a day I got a call asking me to complete the booking. The guy said Scorpio's would probably be 2016-17 versions and Brezza would be 2017-18 versions. I was going to book the next day, when the same guy called to hurry me up but changed his version that Scorpio would be 2015 & Brezza would be 2016-17. Requested to enquire & confirm the same via e-mail. No mail.

lol I didn't mind all that much until I got a call after a few days, this person tells me that they've recently started operations at Ahmedabad & all cars are brand new and that I should book immediately. (Each of these guys wanted me to just somehow book & pay immediately!)

Suspicious behaviour, so I shot a mail simply requesting them if its possible to confirm car age & condition. Its been a week, but no reply.

Does anyone here know about the condition of Revv cars in Ahmedabad ?

Booked a Revv Scorpio in Vizag for a trip to Vizianagaram last week.

The delivery boys brought the car at scheduled 7AM. It was a silver colour Scorpio with TS07 (Hyderabad) registration. Apparently RTO's in Vizag have only just started local registrations (AP31) for rental vehicles. The car had scratches and minor dents on front bumper and fender. Took photos of the car and finished the paperwork in 5 mins. The keys were handed over to me for a small test drive. This Aug 2017 registered car with 57k km on the odo did not look like a year old car. The exterior bore an old look but the engine condition was immaculate. The clutch felt like new, brakes worked great. What impressed me was it could move from stand still on 2nd gear. After ensuring everything was good, a quick thumbs up and the five of us were off to Vizianagaram.

During the entire trip we refueled twice. As fuel was included in the price, we carefully stocked the bills. At the second fuel station, the billing chap did not enter the vehicle number before generating the bill. Even I didn't notice it as I slipped the bill into my pocket. I was skeptical if Revv would accept the bill but thankfully they did. I was charged 4800 in total. The 12 hour rent costed me 2000/- including fuel for 180km with pickup and drop at home included. The security deposit of 2000/- and additional fuel bills of 800/- were refunded to me within 2 days. It was much cheaper than the more heralded Zoomcar. An Ecosport was available on Zoomcar for 2300/- with pickup and drop some 5km away. Therefore I feel Revv is, at present, a better value for money offering.

As my Duster is at Service center with a cracked diesel priming pump, I am trying the Revv experience today. I have booked a Grand i10 for 12 hours. I received a call from their person at 4:30am, he will be starting from Bellandur to reach my place. The distance from Bellandur to my home is 29km, I have opted for without fuel, so Revv must spend at least Rs.250 for door step delivery alone. I am still skeptical about getting the car. I expected the car from a much closer location.

The car was delivered at 5:45am, realised later that this was the same car used by fellow bhpian TejasKinger at Chennai. The ODO meter reading stood at 79.5K kms, vehicle was in reasonable condition and it did the job pretty well. The vehicle has been left behind at my place and will be picked up later by Revv person.