Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2018, 14:20   #106
BHPian

Re: Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery

I have used zoomcar once. This time Dec 28 8:30 am - Dec 29 9:00 pm - used Revv. Fantastic experience. Pickup at Angamaly railway station and drop off at Idapalli railway station. With fuel option. New Swift. About 12K km done. A guy was ready when we got off the railway station. Clicked pictures of my Driving license and ID proof and gave the key. That's it. On the phone I confirmed the OTP which I received. They confirmed the odo reading. Before returning I filled up ₹500 fuel as it had hit reserve. Gave the bill which mentioned the car number and time of fuel fill - printed bill at the time of drop-off. He clicked pictures of the car from all sides and inside the boot. Clicked pic of the bill and gave me the bill. Done. I received an instant SMS/email about the drop off. Within 12 hours I received the fuel reimbursement and the 10% discount on original fare. And also an additional 10% points which I can use in the coming 15 days.

Best part: Pick up and drop at the place "you" mention which is fantastic. Zoomcar had me take a 1 hour taxi from the airport to a pickup point. And I had to drop it at the same point and take a taxi (money from my pocket) to the airport. At some places they charge additional money to drop/pick at airports. Painful and costs extra. No such thing with Revv.

Also other rentals have Christmas/new year black out days. Nothing at Revv.

Also other rental asked me for additional money to clean the car. That's kind of after the event loot. Sad.

Only downside additional 415 pts I got at Revv needs to be used in 15 days. But no big deal. Other good things I mentioned above far outweighs the other rental guy. Loved Revv.
Old 17th January 2019, 16:28   #107
BHPian

We are a family of 8 that need the car at the Pune railway station for 4 days and will return at the Pune airport. Revv's model seems to be the best for me as they will get the car to me and I don't have to go to their location.

Booking an Innova Crysta. I just hope it is not very abused. Or unsafe with tires having sidewall damage(!!). Any first hand reviews of Crystas at Pune location will be much appreciated.
Old 12th May 2019, 16:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

I used Revv recently in Bangalore. It was a white Ciaz automatic. Car was booked for 4 PM, and the driver called me by 2 PM saying car was available now. I didn't mind and the hand off was smooth. It was a new car with just 2000 kms. Ciaz impressed with the quite cabin and ride. Even though the gearbox is an archaic 4 speed one , it was a smooth torque converter. Overall got the feeling the number of cogs in an AT does not really matter , at least in Bangalore. My daily drive is a Hexa auto with 6 cogs and I never missed anything in the Ciaz autobox. Returning the car was also uneventful.
Revv door step service makes a lot of difference for me and I would prefer them over even Ola/Uber , if the trips are multi stop ones. I find it more convenient than the cabs.
Old 16th May 2019, 16:43   #109

Would like to share my fantastic experience with revv. I booked the a Marazzo car in Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram). It was for a family round trip to Munnar. Delivery was smooth. I booked it from 5pm but driver called me at 10 am and asked if I mind receiving the car at that time. I had no objection. The car had done just 12k kms and was in good shape overall. It is registered in Karnataka but all papers and documents were proper. Even had the documents additional taxes paid in Kerala. The return was also smooth. Driver called me just one hour before the return time and confirmed the location. He came to the exact drop off location on time. Overall a happy experience and would definitely recommend Revv for anyone looking for a self drive rental.
aunpdk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

I used Revv again last week at Bangalore and faced an issue. Delivery and return were all smooth and professional as usual , but I received a car with black on yellow number plates instead of the the typical self drive rental plates( yellow on black ) . I had plans to take to Yelagiri , but hesitated since I was worried about this causing problems at the checkpost. Called up Revv , but their customer care was busy. In the end , used the car only for city travel and dropped the plan. Is black on yellow number plates legal now for self drive rentals ? Has there been a change in rule ?
Old 20th June 2019, 08:37   #111
BHPian

Folks, I have heard quite positive reviews about Revv and am considering getting a Crysta from them for outstation travel from Bangalore. The pricing is on a higher side compared to competitors but I want a well maintained, clean car and hence I am fine to pay extra.

The thing which caught my attention was the fact that they wrote on their website about cars in specific states (like KA, MH) having 80kmph speed governors. Can anyone confirm this? 80kmph does seem to be too restrictive given the highways I would be driving through.
Old 20th June 2019, 09:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

That 80 kmph is a governmental regulation and you'll run into such cars if you get a KA or MH numbered Revv, Zoomcar etc in any other state you book in. For example you'll routinely get KA cars available for rent in TN / AP / KL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Folks, I have heard quite positive reviews about Revv and am considering getting a Crysta from them for outstation travel from Bangalore. The pricing is on a higher side compared to competitors but I want a well maintained, clean car and hence I am fine to pay extra.

The thing which caught my attention was the fact that they wrote on their website about cars in specific states (like KA, MH) having 80kmph speed governors. Can anyone confirm this? 80kmph does seem to be too restrictive given the highways I would be driving through.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 09:56   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think it is state specific. Recently manufactured cabs are all coming out with a speed governor from the factory itself so this would be the case even if you rent it with Zoom car or any other provider. Older cars in the fleet are also mandated to get the governor retro fitted, as far as I recall
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:24   #114
BHPian

Quote:

Booked a Crysta from Bangalore airport last Monday. The car was fairly new with only 17,000 kms on the odo albeit with quite a few scratches & dents. No speed limiter.

Nowadays, I prefer Revv over Zoom because of the convenience of door step pick up / delivery.
Babuda is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 14:40   #115
BHPian

So I have booked a Crysta from Revv in Bangalore for August, with home drop and pick up. Since most of the rental lies on weekdays, I found the charges to be surprisingly affordable. They also had some promo code running for first time users.

Looking forward to the experience and will definitely update this thread after my ride.

Thanks everyone for sharing your inputs.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 18:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have heard quite positive reviews about Revv .... The pricing is on a higher side compared to competitors but I want a well maintained, clean car and hence I am fine to pay extra.

... Can anyone confirm this? 80kmph does seem to be too restrictive given the highways I would be driving through.
Even I booked from Revv today for our Himachal trip in November. The booking was made for Chandigarh to Chandigarh.

The standout point for me was this, firstly the others never responded to my email or phones. Although the prices were higher at Revv. Since we were booking for the fist time I wanted to make sure that we get a car with luggage carrier. This simple query was put up to all the 3 (zoomcar, mychoize and revv) on their "contact us" email's and only revv responded with email plus phone call too.

The lady who called was extremely courteous and patiently answered all our queries regarding state taxes, luggage carrier etc. We literally spoke on conference call for 20 mins and she answered all our queries.

Regarding speed limiter, she told us that this particular car (XUV) had a speed limiter set on 120 kmph and advised us not to go beyond 80 kmph for the car in Chandigarh.

The coupon code GET25 worked for us by getting 500 instant discount. The other coupon code RCB3000 is a cashback thing which can be used for next booking. The 500 extra for the luggage carrier was waived off for us as first time customers and also she arranged for the car pickup inside the airport area without any extra cost.

Uptill now things seem good, hoping the trip goes well too.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-revv-booking.jpg  

Last edited by The Great : 7th August 2019 at 18:18.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 23:28   #117
BHPian

Hi all,
This is my first post on team bhp. Kindly excuse me if I have committed any errors and please help me in rectifying them.

I had made bookings on Revv twice.
1) Booked a Santro for my commute. The delivery guy had called at 4 am in the morning to ask for directions. Got the car at 8 am. The car was brand new with 3k kms on the odo with minor scratches. The car was a delight to drive. Another guy arrived 30 mins late to pick up the car. The experience was satisfactory.

2) Booked an Alto K10 on the previous evening of booking date. However, this time, there was no call from anyone asking for location. Had to wait till 10 am the next day for a response from Revv's customer care. Two hours into the booking time, there is no sign of the car, nor is there any response from Revv. Upon writing an email, I get a callback informing about their server breakdown. An hour after I got a callback, I get a call from delivery guy asking for my location. I had already lost a substantial amount of time waiting for the car. I called Revv customer care and informed them to cancel the booking as I had made alternative arrangements. Got the full refund after 2 weeks. After a smooth experience in first booking, the second turned out to be a disaster.
After this experience, I realized going to the pick up site is a better option as we get to see the availability of the car.
I might consider Revv again, but we have to be ready to make last minute alternative
arrangements whenever above circumstances arise.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 17th August 2019 at 23:35. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:45   #118
BHPian

I have rented a Vento from Revv today for office commute. The car was delivered 30mins late, the driver said that he had issues finding the location whereas I had shared him the exact map location 2 hours before the drop time and to top it off, he wanted something for tea/coffee to which I denied. Coming back to the car itself, it's not in so good condition. It has done about 81K kms and the interior was not so clean and kind of sticky which didn't feel good to me. The steering was also a lot heavier than normal. Return journey is going to be a tough one in the current traffic scenario. Hoping that the return goes smoothly and I get rid of the car as soon as possible as it doesn't feel good to drive at all.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 09:42   #119
Team-BHP Support

This is very stupid... an IISc doctoral student was fined for not wearing uniform while driving a REVV self-drive car.

Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 12:13   #120
BHPian

I had rented an Innova Crysta from Revv in Bangalore, from 21st to 25th August. Below are the details of my experience.

Booking Experience
I booked using their website after comparing the prices and offers from other companies like Zoomcar, Drivezy etc. I found that Revv offered a really wide variety of vehicles which one could choose from and the pricing was also at par with the competitors. Just uploaded a few scans of my documents and made the payment. No security deposit required. Pick-up and drop service offered is a bliss.
Rated 10/10

Car Delivery Experience
I wanted to have the car with me by 9PM on Wednesday. I got a call at 1PM itself, saying the car was ready and the driver asked me if he could drop it right now. I told him I wasn't home. He asked me if anyone else was home and then I questioned him how would he verify my documents. He said good point saar. I told him come by 5PM. Conversation ended. Then at 3PM I get his call again, stating if I am in office, he can come to office now and deliver the car. I told him I am not in office either and hence, 5PM is the earliest he could deliver the car. He was quite disappointed and kept the phone. At 4:30PM, I called him and told him I was ready to accept the delivery and he said he would be there in 30 minutes. Almost 2 hours later, he finally reached my address. Delivery process took 15 minutes where he asked me to take pictures of all the dents etc and he himself took many more pictures. Then, he took pictures of my original documents. I got an OTP which I had to share with him and once this step was done, he left.
Immediately got an email from Revv which had all the images which this fellow had clicked and also a warning to not exceed 125kmph.
Rated 7/10

Car Experience
The Innova Crysta was a 2.4G model with captain seats and a touch screen. I had to ferry 6 passengers and some luggage and hence it worried me if the luggage could be accommodated in the boot. I was expecting the 8 seater version to be honest. There was however, a carrier attached on top but I did not have any ropes and water proofing material. Luckily though, the boot swallowed the luggage without a hiccup. It was 9 months old model with 45000kms on it (that's some serious mile munching). The car was delivered with half tank of diesel and I was told to return it on the same level. The rear tires were probably original ones and had very little thread depth remaining, while both the front tires were new and in good shape. All the electricals and lights worked fine. The car was clean but had an unpleasant odor which could trouble some occupants during the long journey ahead, so decided to leave a packet of Godrej Aer in the cabin which was a very good decision. There was a sticker on the windscreen saying the car was limited to 80kmph but as I found out later, it wasn't. The car was mechanically sound and there were no issues in the 850kms trip which was completed in supreme comfort.
Rated 8/10

Return Experience
The scheduled pick-up time was 6PM but I got a call from the representative at 2:30PM and since my trip was completed, I asked him to come and take the car. He was at my place by 4PM and within 10 minutes, he completed the checks, I got an OTP and once it was shared with him, he took the car and left.
Rated 10/10

Last edited by drive2eternity : 26th August 2019 at 12:29.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks