Team-BHP - Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/167422-revv-self-drive-car-rentals-doorstep-delivery-9.html)

Here is a 2 star review amongst mostly 5 star ones.

I had booked an Ecosport and the pick up point was Coimbatore airport. Once my flight landed, I called the customer care and they informed me that the driver was already on his way. The driver called me some 10 min later, was polite and reached the airport at the designated time. Unlike ZoomCar there was no elaborate check-list and he handed over the car. The 2 stars are for this.

Now, the car had some visible dents all around, and had run around 50k KMs. The interior was not very clean, but not very dirty as well. Since I had the booking for just a day, I was ok. I loaded my bags and tried to start the car, but it won't start. Luckily the driver was still around since they had to deliver another customer car as well. He tried a couple of times, but the car won't start. He called someone from their center and I was offered a Scpropio as replacement. I was not OK since I had two senior citizens with me who would find it difficult to get in and out of a tall vehicle. Then he offered an Amaze but quickly back tracked stating only the Scorpio was available. I was given two options, either take the scorpio or ask take a full refund and go. This was a tuesday and I refuse to believe all the cars would be booked in a small town like Coimbatore. Called up customer care who said they will call back in 10 min, but the call never came. Eventually I ended up cancelling and hiring a taxi. I got an email that my refund is processed but yet to get back my money.

I have seen people complaining about the state of zoom cars but looks like Revv is no better. The Swift which was present alongside for delivery to another customer was in an equally sad state with dents all around and horribly torn seats. We as a society do not know how to take care of others property and these new startups are just interested in making a quick buck without a long term vision. I have rented cars abroad and the vehicle condition and maintenance levels are leagues ahead.

Here is a parting shot of the car
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-revvcoimby.jpg

Used REVV for the first time as i was in Bangalore for 2 days and Zoomcar was not giving the doorstep delivery and pickup. I had booked a MT Swift through the app, the registration/ booking process is quite smooth as you do not need to upload anything beforehand and there is no refundable deposit as such, max liability is limited to 10,000.

The driver called me 1 hour prior and asked if he can deliver the car early, i said okay, he asked me to send whatsapp location and he was there on promised time. It was a 1 year old Swift which had done 17000 kms, was in a pretty neat state for both exteriors and interiors. The handover process is very short compared to Zoom where they ask you to fill multiple checklists etc etc. I took the car and went about my work for the day, next day when i started the car, it wont crank since battery was dead.

I called up REVV and as promised some one called me in 15 mins stating they are coming to jump start the car and asked me if i wanted a replacement car to which i agreed, they informed me though that MT is not available and they can give me a AMT Swift, i said okay. He reached home in 45 mins, jump started the car and handed me the replacement car.

The replacement car was a 15 days old Swift Vxi AMT with 600kms on the odo, getting the AMT in Bangalore's traffic was a such a boon which i came to know that day when i got stuck in traffic so badly. When the booking was complete, there was some issue as the person had not updated the replacement car details in their system, had to call up revv and then they sorted it out, the representative clicked some pictures and off he went.

Would give it a solid 4 stars, the booking process, customer reps, delivery process etc is very smooth compared to Zoom and for the 2 cars i got, they were in a great condition with one being a new car. Deducting 1 star for the car where battery went down and also the fact that revv people forgot to update the replacement car details which caused a delay in pickup.
Also, i had a great time slotting the AMT in manual mode and having a lot of fun with the Swift petrol, that K12 engine really makes the Swift such a hoot to drive around town.clap:

Guys I will be booking a Revv for my upcoming visit to Kolkata.

I noticed there is NO INR 350 (door step delivery charge) + INR 5000 (Security Deposit) if I book in Kolkata but these charges exist in Delhi NCR.

Any reason why? This will my 1st time booking a Revv. Am I missing something?

Just curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 4648955)
I noticed there is NO INR 350 (door step delivery charge) + INR 5000 (Security Deposit) if I book in Kolkata but these charges exist in Delhi NCR.

Any reason why? This will my 1st time booking a Revv. Am I missing something?

Revv may have been launched recently in Kolkata and this 'offer' works probably part of initial promotion. I experienced it in Bangalore once.

We had a good experience renting Revv at Coimbatore a week back. Our memories of not so pleasant experience with Zoom at Coimbatore and the good feedback here convinced us to try out Revv

While choosing the car and various fuel/mileage options, I started getting calls from the call center asking If I'd need any assistance. Queries about pickup timing and other logistics were answered quickly.

On the night before the pickup, the depot manager called to confirm the timing and the driver called atleast an hour before. Our train was running a bit late but the driver was firm that he can wait only for 30 mins from the scheduled pickup time and any delays beyond that meant we had to pickup the car from their location near the airport. Thankfully the train wasn't that late and we were able to locate him quickly outside the railway station premises.

The car was a less than an year old Marrazo top end, were were 5 of us with a weekend's luggage. Thankfully the spare seat at the third row helped us out. The car itself was fairly clean and mechanically sound except badly wornout front tyres. Throughout our journey in the Nilgiris the MUV performed admirably. The 1.5L engine and gearing weren't really suited to life in the hills but things were manageable.

On the way up to Ooty we were flagged down by cops and were warned to ensure all documents are present, otherwise we were likely to be fined 5k by RTO officials near Conoor. A quick recheck of the papers and we found that the TN entry tax (despite All india driving permit) was missing but TN Pollution certificate was valid. A quick call to the manager and he sent the document via Whatsapp just in time before mobile signals disappeared.

Rightfully after crossing Conoor we were stopped by RTO officials and were let go after viewing the entry Tax document.

The return experience was smooth as well, we had accidentally filled fuel to the brim but were supposed to return at 40%, but they refunded the amount promptly within a day.

Overall a good experience compared to Zoom.

Booked a Revv (Santro AT) in Kolkata for my upcoming visit home.

The pricing is pretty decent @ INR 620 for 10 hours and that too without any security deposit or delivery charges. I have had bad experiences with Zoom in the past so lets hope Revv wont disappoint.

I had a pretty good experience with Revv yesterday. Booked the Santro AMT and the overall experience was pretty hassle free and smooth. Only issue was time management. My start time was 14:00, but after all other delivery formalities, I could only start at 14:30. People with tight schedules could have a problem. Pick up was slightly worse. Pick up time being 12 (Mid-night) the guy came at 1AM, that too after calling up the helpline.

BUT, the overall experience was very smooth. The car was a 10 month old Santro Magna with 22K on the ODO. Drove really well and the AMT, as many have already claimed, is actually one of the best in the market. It was very comfortable to drive around the city.

Will I rebook? Yes. I feel the timing issues can be dealt with.

We need a portal/aggregater for self-drive car rentals, given that they've gained popularity.

Its a pain to go to each one and check out rates and do comparison shopping. It'd be better if a Makemytrip, Yatra, etc add "self-drive car booking" as an option, that go across all Revv, Zoomcar, Drivezy, etc and present results from all and let the customer choose.

About time this happened ...

Quote:

We need a portal/aggregater for self-drive car rentals, given that they've gained popularity.
Hey vharihar,
There's this portal you could check out.
economybookings.com
I don't think it is familiar with Zoomcar, Myles, Revv etc. but it compares the prices with Avis, SS Travels etc.

Had a 5/5 experience with Revv over the past 3 days. Booked three different cars for 12 hours for all 3 days since had to shuttle between South Mumbai and Mira Road for a wedding. The positive experience is 99% because of the new fleet - and also the doorstep delivery part and the decent rates add in as well.

On Day 1; booked a Santro AMT where i got a car with 3K on the ODO. The car was registered on the 16th of September - and hence obviously pretty new. Drove the car for only 60 Kms (Airport Run and a small errand) but i felt the car was pretty blah. I however believe that is because i shifted from a 2020 Hyundai Elantra to a Hyundai Santro in a matter of a week and hence my mind was making obvious references stupid: . Delivery and Pick-up were pretty much on time.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-20191024_112643min.jpg

On Day 2; booked a Swift M/T which was delivered 2 hours before pick-up time. The car had 2K on the ODO and was registered on the 5th of October; hence again being pretty new. Ofcourse, driving a Swift after a Santro was like a breath of fresh air, and this was my first time in the new model Swift and i was decently impressed with the cabin on offer. Used the Swift for the Mira Road and back run and this is where i missed the AMT the most; considering the horrible traffic on both ends. Besides the M/T part, loved the car and the interiors - most specifically. Note: The pics of the Swift are flicked from the Inspection E-Mail from Revv

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-10544273_carinspection6.jpeg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-10544273_carinspection12.jpeg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-10544273_carinspection13.jpeg

On Day 3, again booked a Santro AMT since i didn't want the pain of driving a Manual in terrible traffic on both ends. This was the best part of all three days since i got a car delivered with just 105KM on the ODO! The car was registered on the 24th of October; considering the kilometers on the clock - i was most probably the second or third user to drive it. Ditched the AMT and used the Manual Mode for 99% of the time - which was AMAZING and i wished i'd used it on Day 1 as well. The Manual Mode made it a pretty fun car to drive, in both the city and otherwise. Clocked approximately 150 KMS on Day 3 and hence had a better impression of the new Santro - all thanks to the Manual Mode.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-20191026_224616min.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-10545567_carinspection5.jpeg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-20191026_224629min.jpg

All in all, had a wonderful experience with Revv. The new-ish cars, doorstep delivery and the prices (specially for the Santro) are great VFM; moreso with the promo codes.

Side note: Some pics of the 2020 Elantra 1.6 i was driving whilst on a trip back home. Booked it from Thrifty, wherein i had first selected a 2.0 Corolla but when they were offering me a 2016 model with 150,000 KMS on the clock; promptly backed out and took this Elantra with 1.5K on the ODO. I must admit it is terribly ugly, and both the interiors as well as the driving experience are nothing home to write about. However, the fallacy is on my part to expect anything more since for the intended segment, the car is pretty great and does what it is made for; plus the features on offer for the basic model is benchmark stuff.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-20191012_161025min.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-20191014_121621min.jpg

I had booked a XUV3OO for 1day, the executive delivered a 14K run vehicle. The car was in excellent condition. I never thought that this would be such a sportive car to drive, enjoed the driving experience thoroughly. A few ergonomic issues are,

*The seat belt tensioner is placed very low
*Hand brake cannot be operated with closed
storage under armrest
*The black plastic just above the IRVM affects
visibility
*The projector head lamps are poor for highways

The car delivered a FE of 14.2 kmpl for my sedate driving, not a fuel efficient car.

Good experience in hiring from Revv for couple of days. hired a Hyundai Venue DCT petrol. It was the lower end version.

- Delivery experience was great and on time
- Car condition was very good and it was clean
- It was run over 10K and in very decent condition and running smoothly.

Some observations on Hyundai Venue
- It is quite a capable car with decent space and easy to use
- It is good to drive on Highways and the engine - transmission combination making it quite peppy

- Seating position and visibility is good and handling is quite good with overall suspension little firm. body roll is also controlled

- In crawling traffic it is not so good as transmission and the turbo lag making traveling in start/stop traffic not as easy as in some of the other AT options. This is because the Transmission does not downshift soon and tries to remain in second gear so you feel it bit jerky.

- It is very nice cruiser and gives very good response at half throttle. However if you press too hard the limitations of the engine becomes apparent and there is a significant turbo lag and things get noisy.

I would say it is a very good option for a small family as their first car. Though it may not be the best option for those regularly traveling in very high traffic. If you want a second city car this may not be the best option

Any idea what is the situation with FastTag with Revv cars? Do they come with the tag or we have to pay cash always? And if Cash does it mean customer has to pay double the toll?

Any idea?

Another excellent experience with Revv Cars.

Booked a Mahindra Marazzo for two days without fuel and 175 kilometers limit.
The car had about 49k on the odo but was in very good shape.

The only negative in the car was a slightly worn out front tire.

The exterior was dusty but the interiors were clean. The car had no mechanical issues.

I returned the car with a little more fuel that I had used. So they have promptly returned extra money along with the refundable deposit. This was a pleasant surprise.

The guy who delivered the car as well as the executive who came to pick it up were very polite and decent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4397040)
Booked a Revv XUV for a Pune - Shirdi trip over the weekend.

Hi Suresh, I am planning to book a Revv, for my upcoming Shirdi trip, from Pune airport. I have used Zoomcar earlier. So know how their terminal pickup and drop works. However, no idea if the Revv delivery and pickup from the terminal is punctual. Did they deliver and pickup the car at the terminal on time for you? Are they flexible with the delivery time if there is a delay in flight arrival?

Choosing Revv this time as I have had not so great experiences with Zoomcar the last two times.

Thanks.