Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 11:43   #46
BHPian

I recently tried Revv car rental service in Delhi for a 2 day trip to Chandigarh and Amritsar. Booked from 5am 2 November to 11 pm 3rd November. The application experience was good gave you all the options available in the time range you select and payment was also smooth followed by confirmation emails and messages. So communication was good. All the cars are diesel apart from celerio. Since I didn't want to spend much I tried Hyundai Grand I10. Got a call from Revv to check if they can deliver the car at 10pm the previous night which I refused due to parking constraints and liability lies with me at night. So got a call at 3:30 AM for the directions and the guy was there at the drop point before time which was good service as per me.
Looking at the car I was not pretty happy since it has few dents and scratches but interiors were top notch. It has an old music system which had some jugad incase it doesn't work to reset it with a pin which the driver explained me when I fail to make it work.
This was the first time I was driving a diesel car and I was impressed with it even though it was a small engine. Overall car was in good condition apart from exterior. I opted for Revv over Zoomcar because it was providing unlimited kms as an option along with limited ones which suited me as I was about to drive 1000kms In less than 48 hours. Revv has different tariff based on weekdays weekend. Since I was travelling on the weekday I had to pay a lower amount for the same service on the weekend.
Also I was given a clean arranged file with all the documents and it was clearly mention in the dashboard sticker that got out of station trios please pay the interstate tax. Haryana tax is paid on quarterly basis so that was already paid.
Apart from the regular tolls I paid 470 Road tax in punjab for 2 days and while entering Delhi I paid 100rs MCD (I remember this while reading one of the posts in Team-bhp that someone was fined for not paying the MCD charges while entering which I also would have done since I am not in a habit of paying such fees in private vehicles).
Revv uses tank full method, so I was given tank full and was returned in the same manner.
A thorough inspection was done by me with pictures and video of the dents and scratches on the car just to make sure I am not being blamed for something I have not done. Revv didn't dig deep in small scratches just major ones however I was being over cautious because of the stories I have heard. One more Good part was there was no security deposit in Delhi and I didn't pay 5000 upfront.

Damage - 2703 car rent, pick and drop fees 300, Road tax plus MCD - 570, Fuel - 2450 and Toll charges. (very reasonable as per me)

Accessories - Aux cable, no car charger was provided.

I would recommend Revv based on the experience I had with them.
lHarpreetl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 13:23   #47
BANNED

Re: Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHarpreetl View Post
One more Good part was there was no security deposit in Delhi and I didn't pay 5000 upfront.
No security deposit? Wow! This is something i am hearing for the first time!

Last edited by Eddy : 17th November 2016 at 14:28. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability for our small screen users
Old 17th November 2016, 14:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
No security deposit? Wow! This is something i am hearing for the first time!
Yup I was surprised too and went ahead and booked it. Myles had some bad reviews on returning the deposit and Zoom car was expensive. Would I chose Revv again? Absolutely yes. Attaching the bill. It mentions refundable security deposit 0.
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-1479372280563.jpg  

lHarpreetl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 16:54   #49
Team-BHP Support

At this point I find their set up the most attractive if I was ever to book - amongst all the other self drive options out there. Just one fly in the ointment. They don't seem to have any A/T options in their line up.

I had a quick look at their terms and they don't seem to impose any speed limits. Can anyone confirm this either way?

Thanks
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 19:05   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I had a quick look at their terms and they don't seem to impose any speed limits. Can anyone confirm this either way?

Thanks
They have a speed limit of 125km/h. They charge 750 for first incident and 2000 for repeated infractions after warning. And they can withdraw the services. Unlimited kms option is a blessing.
lHarpreetl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 21:06   #51
Team-BHP Support

125 kmph is just right. Comfortable limit. Anyway with an unfamiliar car it's better to be a bit conservative. Thanks.
Old 17th November 2016, 23:40   #52
BHPian

With all the positive experiences of users l am tempted to to use Revv for an outstation trip of 4 days on XUV 5oo. Prefer vehicle with ABS and Airbags. Which model they have of XUV at Bangalore ( near silk board)?
Old 18th November 2016, 00:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
With all the positive experiences of users l am tempted to to use Revv for an outstation trip of 4 days on XUV 5oo. Prefer vehicle with ABS and Airbags. Which model they have of XUV at Bangalore ( near silk board)?

All the variants of the XUV are offered with ABS, EBD and airbags. The W4 & W6 variants are offered with dual airbags. W8 onwards you get curtain airbags.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 22:53   #54
BHPian

I am looking at revv for a 7-seater during mid-Jan (in bengalooru). What kind of seats do they have in the middle row of the XUV? Can I squeeze in 7 adults + 1 5 yr old in it?
Old 10th December 2016, 08:32   #55
BHPian

Middle row has bench seats, we did 6 adults with one adult rotating in the last seat,our luggage for was also split in one other car. 7 for long distance might not be comfortable for the two adults in the last row, again depends on distance and size of adults. Hope this helps.
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 08:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Middle row has bench seats, we did 6 adults with one adult rotating in the last seat,our luggage for was also split in one other car. 7 for long distance might not be comfortable for the two adults in the last row, again depends on distance and size of adults. Hope this helps.
If it is bench seats, then I think 2 front + 3 middle + 2 back should work for us, since we are all relatively thin .
Old 14th January 2017, 12:21   #57

I am looking to Hire Revv, Renault Duster for 13 days in Jan end from Delhi. I would be driving Delhi - Amritsar - Dalhousie - DharamShala - Manali - Delhi.

From the experience, anyone thinks these cars - self drive rentals - are good for the terrain and weather?

From reading forums I heard too many issues with Zoomcar and hence was looking at Revv. Wondering how are the car conditions even though they are just a year and a half old. Can I pre verify the condition and ODO readings?

Lastly, Zoom car or Revv based on experiece?
Old 24th January 2017, 11:31   #58
BHPian

Hi,

Wanted to share updates of my Revv car booking usage experience which may be helpful for FMs.

I was looking to book a self-drive rental for the first time and went with Zoom car booking (pick up in Noida). However, after reading all the stories in the zoom car thread around abysmal quality of vehicles, decided to cancel and booked Revv instead.

The first challenge was that they did not do door step delivery at Greater Noida and yet charged the 300 rs. While I argued around, I still planned to pick up the car in Sec 93 in Noida. On reaching the place, I was told that they have still not got the car and I will now be getting a scorpio as against a Duster that I had booked.

I was cheesed on both the delay as well as the change of vehicle. I returned home and insisted that they do home delivery considering they couldn't make available the car at the scheduled pick up time. They agreed to do so and I was feeling slightly better at their willingness to be reasonable.

I had also asked the Revv guys on how much on the odo of the scopio to which they mentioned 70K. I was upfront concerned about the quality of the tyres to which they mentioned that the tyres have been recently replaced. When the car arrived at my place, it looked clean and with no visible significant damage to the bodywork. There were a couple of odd dents on the bonnet but all of that was pointed out proactively by the delivery guy himself.

The only concern I had was that of the 4 tyres, one was singificantly worn out than the other three and the stepney was even worse off. I pointed this out immediately to the guy but I was not sure what could be done considering I needed the car as my trip was starting early next morning.

The overall state of the car was good though and I took a short test drive before signing off the delivery.

My drive was meant to cover around 1500 kms with the trip to Jaipur and Udaipur.

The sore point of the trip happened in Jaipur when I was heading out of Jaipur for Udaipur. The only worn out tyre suddenly lost pressure. I was surprised as considering the tyre was tubless, I did not expect it to go flat so suddenly. Anyway, I quickly changed to the spare wheel with the intention of getting puncture repaired immediately at the next available shop as I was still within the city, though it was early morning.

When I got to a puncture shop, the guy said that the tyre had a tube inside! He also showed me some cuts on the punctured tyre which clearly showed it had outlived its life and the tube was put in to keep it up. Plus, the tube put in was not meant for this tyre size which very likely meant it too was overinflated.

I was no way going to drive on the highways with the even worse spare tyre and no backup which meant I had to buy a new tyre out of my own pocket at that time and put back the spare. I also retained the damaged tyre and tube as proof. Plus, I immediately called up the Revv call center to register these events.

After the trip was concluded, I handed over the car back in Greater Noida and clearly called out the damaged tyre as given to me with the vehicle. I asked for a full refund of the expense I had to bear for the new tyre.

The Revv team agreed to refund me the whole expense after I wrote a long email with full details, references and pictures to stress how they have potentially put my family at risk by equipping the car with road unworthy tyre.

The whole refund process took around two days with one follow up email needed.

Overall, I am left with mixed feelings. Would I try out self-drive again unless really desperate? Definitely not. The unknowns with a different car are too much for my liking. If I really need to, would I go for Revv again? Maybe yes. This is in lieu of lack of really good options. I appreciated their prompt customer service in the light of defective product but I cant shake off the fact that one really needs to check the vehicle thoroughly, document "everything" even if it is an observation and still hope that they have not messed up something which you cannot check through a visible inspection.

Hope this helps.
Hells Bells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 14:11   #59
BHPian

I booked a Revv car from Chandigarh for 2 days. Here is a short review :
Positives:
Booking experience was smooth.
Pick-up and Drop was easy with the Revv representatives calling me well in advance. They were available at the pick-up and Drop points well in advance. It took less that 10 minutes for both pick-up and drop.
Car was clean inside and out.
Security deposit was refunded within 2 days after the completion of the trip.
Road-tax was already paid for Haryana and Punjab.

Negatives :
Car has done more than 70K. AC was not effective. Even at max setting, ac was not able to cool the cabin.
Steering column and front suspension were in bad shape. Whole Steering column used to shake on bad roads.
Charging point was not working.
Front tyres were not in good condition. Also, different make tyres at front and rear.
Base model with no safety features.
Old 29th March 2017, 17:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

I was looking to book a self drive for 9-10 days in August and I zeroed it on Revv and Zoomcar. I've been using a Zoomcar for quite some time now and I'm more or less happy with the experience so far.

Now I'm planning a road trip to Ladakh in August so was zeroing in on the options. Revv provides unlimited kms, hence the lure. Plus, I can pay for the car and the fuel can be topped up ourselves, thereby leading to slightly greater savings, not to mention the immediate payment is minus the fuel component.

So I just had a few queries:

1. Can Revv cars be taken to Leh? I know self drives are banned beyond but some companies aren't allowing their cars to be taken even till Leh.

2. How are the cars? And the service, reliability?

Most Viewed