Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2020, 13:02   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery

They were punctual for me and the xuv was clean but one tyre had a chip of rubber missing from the sidewall and the other tyres had several other crack / tread wear issues that made me glad speed was limited to 80 kmph

Pickup was also prompt though I was delayed by some 20 minutes due to traffic and the poor fellows had to wait in the 42 degree hot sun for me to turn up.

No idea on flight arrival related flexibility though pickup should be fine as the car is effectively in your name / hired by you for say a couple of days for the shirdi trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hi Suresh, I am planning to book a Revv, for my upcoming Shirdi trip, from Pune airport. I have used Zoomcar earlier. So know how their terminal pickup and drop works. However, no idea if the Revv delivery and pickup from the terminal is punctual. Did they deliver and pickup the car at the terminal on time for you? Are they flexible with the delivery time if there is a delay in flight arrival?

Choosing Revv this time as I have had not so great experiences with Zoomcar the last two times.

Thanks.

Last edited by hserus : 17th January 2020 at 13:04.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:05   #137
BHPian

Superb experience with Revv

After my near disastrous experience with Zoomcar (Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India), I scanned pages after pages of T-BHP for a self drive recommendations. I was able to zero down on Revv as the best possible option.

Downloaded the app, selected the vento, made payment and waited for the car (although anxiously and with only 50% confidence of clean process being followed).

But the anxiety was unfounded. About an hour before pick-up time, the executive called and took the google map location from me. He reached about 15 minutes before the actual start time with a nice looking vento.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-vento_1.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-vento_2.jpg

He was courteous, explained car basics, took photos, gave a file containing all documents and off we went.

The car had 46000 km on the odo and was driving like a charm. Well maintained and nice smelling car. No issues in the car whatsoever. We enjoyed exploring the city in Vento.

Next day, we had planned to go to Mahabaleshwar and I was tempted to get a bigger car for this journey. My wife was against the idea since our Scorpio experience was bad and this car had her impressed.

I still pushed on with the idea and a single call with Revv ensured that the upgrade happened seamlessly. I agreed for the difference in rentals and the spanking new XUV 500 was given to me for rest 8 days. The car had only 8600 km on the odo and was maintained very well. No niggles or issues whatsoever.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-xuv_1.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-xuv_2.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-xuv_3.jpg

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-xuv_4.jpg

The car drove well throughout the trip and was collected promptly on the last day. Since I had topped up the car, it had 40% more Diesel than what was originally there. The delivery executive noted this and went off with the car.

Within 48 hours, my deposit and the excess fuel reimbursement was refunded to my credit card.

I am impressed by the service and the fleet of Revv and would use this as my first choice self drive company whenever I am in India.
theflyingguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 23:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

This is my first post on Team-BHP if there is an error please excuse.

Great Experience with Revv.

After a very moderate experience with Zoomcar's extremely dirty Creta, we were looking out for some different rental company when the extended family visited us in Pune. After reading a few reviews about the different options available on Team-BHP and elsewhere along with the general opinion about the brand, we chose to go with Revv.

Since my uncle along with his family was coming to visit us in Pune, we wanted a car that would hold 6 people in comfort and a bit of luggage with us so that we could all be in the same car and enjoy the drive to Mahabaleshwar. After contemplating on whether to get the Toyota Innova Crysta or the Mahindra XUV500, my father decided to book the Crysta

The booking experience
The Booking experience was simple, all I had to was to download the application, select what car I wanted and book it. We went ahead with the Crysta with Fuel Included for 325 Kilometres. The total amount came out to be Rs.7745 which included an Rs. 2000 refundable deposit and an Rs. 350 Pick-Up & Drop Charge. I am giving the complete breakdown of charges incurred.

Fare break-up:
• Base fare (incl. discount for long bookings): Rs. 5395
• Discounts: Rs. 0
• Doorstep delivery and pick-up charges: Rs. 350
• Fuel: Included
• Insurance and GST: Included
• Refundable security deposit: Rs. 2000

Delivery, Pick-Up and the Crysta itself
Usually, for any booking on Zoomcar, the registration number along with the name of the person delivering it would be mentioned. But, in the case of Revv, I had only received a mail confirming my booking the night before. I went to bed a bit worried about the early start the next morning. The next morning, the agent from Revv gave me a call at 7 am and said that he had already reached my society. I was quite surprised to see this despite the 8 am booking time and went ahead and took delivery of the car. There were only a few documents to be signed and the car was ours for the day. As soon as the formalities were sorted out, I received a mail containing the pictures that of dents and scratches on the car which were taken by the delivery agent.

The car was a 1.5-year-old Bronze coloured Crysta registered in Thane with 73413 Kilometres on the odometer. Surely, driven quite a lot for a 1.5-year-old car! It was a 2.4L G Variant and was in a 7 seat configuration with Captain Seats in the middle row. The car was decently clean from both the interior and exterior with the only dirty component being the floormats. It did have quite a few scratches all around the body but nothing major. Even though the car did not have a touchscreen like a few other I read about on Team-BHP but Revv was courteous enough to provide a standard 2-DIN audio system (they did not provide an AUX cable) which did its job perfectly.

The 2.4L engine felt a bit utilitarian at start-up and idle but smoothened out as it started building up Speed. Power & Torque felt adequate with 6 people and a bit of luggage and the steering, albeit a bit van-like in its positioning felt pretty good. The space inside the cabin is also pretty good and the last row can accommodate 3 people who are less than 5 feet 5 inches quite well, only because it had the captain seats however people taller than 5 feet 5 inches would prefer sitting in the middle or first row as legroom might be pretty tight.
Because we live close to the Mumbai-Bengaluru Highway, we did not experience any city roads to get a feel of how it would be to drive in the city. It was only after we reached Mahabaleshwar that it felt a bit cumbersome to drive.

We arrived back around an hour before the booking was about to finish and received a call from the Revv executive asking me if he could pick up the car as he was nearby. He arrived within half an hour and the return process was very easy. A few pictures clicked and he was on his way. I received the Rs. 2000 refundable deposit within a couple of days and a mail from Revv which had the pictures of the car after its return to the agent.

The Experience
Overall, I had a very good experience with Revv and their excellent customer service coupled with the extremely competitive pricing made the deal even sweeter. The car was well maintained and the professional service made it a deal that was hard to resist.

Thank you for reading!

Image Source - Mail from Revv and Phone gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-revv-crysta.jpeg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-revv-crysta-back.jpeg  

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-revv-crysta-interior.jpeg  

akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 16:45   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I noticed there is NO INR 350 (door step delivery charge) + INR 5000 (Security Deposit) if I book in Kolkata but these charges exist in Delhi NCR.

Any reason why? This will my 1st time booking a Revv. Am I missing something?

Just curious.
Came across the reason why, in a casual chat with someone associated with Revv.

It seems that North India is the commonest zone in India for customers to steal / swap out parts from their rental cars. Most common are tyres. If you find your rental has 4 unpaired tyres, all of which are worn almost to the end of their service lives, don't blame the company - they did not put those tyres there, the previous chap renting that car did. If the suspension rattles in a car that has hardly done 20k km, you know what happened. And if the ICE doesn't work, and seems more battered than the rest of the dashboard, you know why the company is asking you to deposit ₹5,000 or even ₹10,000 as security.

In comparison, southern and eastern India treat rental cars really well (though eastern states tend to return cars with more dents), so there is usually no security deposit.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 13:47   #140
BHPian

Thinking of renting a car (most probably base AMT like Celerio/Santro) from Revv at Ahmedabad, but still bit hesitant due to issues related to COVID-19.

Does anybody have recent experience with their "sanitized" cars?
Old 15th September 2020, 18:18   #141
BHPian

How is the experience of Revv self drive car rental service in Kolkata? Any feedback? Do they have door step delivery and return pick up at suburbs of kolkata like Belgharia (about 6-7 km from CCU NSCBI)?
Whether they santize the car properly? (I intend to use it for my aged parents who are in extremely high risk category for COVID). If the car is good in all respect, I shall opt for keeping it for the entire week instead of new cars every day which will pose more risk / exposure.
Old 12th October 2020, 18:20   #142
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Surprisingly pleasant experience with Revv!

My primary car was unavailable with parents making a road trip to our native place. Staying on the outskirts of Chennai, needed a reliably safe transport to make few city errands last weekend. After reading few pages on this thread about the positive experiences from few bhpian's, I went ahead with the booking.

Requirement:
- Usage not more than 8-10 hours
- City run-ins with multiple stops for about 50-60 kms
- Small hatch (manual or automatic) in a decent condition
- Fully sanitized and precautionary steps taken by the company
- Pocket friendly

Booking experience:
Straightforward and simple. Downloaded their ios app and made a quick search. Shortlisted a Hyundai i20 diesel manual with an upfront asking price of 1,838 (without fuel and 60 km usage limit) plus 2k advance and 400 for delivery and pick-up of the vehicle. There is an option to only pay the delivery fee of 400 upfront to confirm the booking and the rest at the time of the car delivery. Booking confirmation via email and SMS received instantly

Day of travel:
Booking was from 6am to 6pm. Received a call sharp at 5:00 am from the delivery guy to confirm the address. He reached the destination exactly at 6:00 am and parked the car at the designated open parking slot for my apartment. 10/10 for this experience, Revv had won me as a permanent customer even without driving the car.

Car delivered was a White color i20 Asta diesel with 79k on the ODO.
Spic and span, cleaned inside out along with sanitization of interiors. In fact, the delivery guy sanitized the car once more after delivering the car in front of me, as part of the checklist completion. Within 10 mins, he completed the formalities of taking photos, showing me the documents, spare wheel, etc. Fuel was filled upto 2 points (17.5% as per his reading) and I was expected to return with the same level.

It drove like a new car, no rattles or issues whatsoever. Very well maintained for a 5 year old 80k driven car by multiple owners, speaks volumes of Revv for taking care of their fleet.

Here are few pictures taken at the time of delivery:

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-1.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-2.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-3.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-4.jpg
Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-5.jpg

Trip closure:
I received a call from Revv around 4.30 pm to confirm if I would need any extension, informed that I am done with my usage and they can come pick up right away. Immediately got a call from the driver to confirm the address for pick up and he arrived sharp by 6pm. Basic checks to ensure no damage, checked fuel level, documentation, etc and left with the car within 5 mins. Note - when he called me prior to coming, I had asked him if needed to top up the fuel since it was still showing two points left in the indicator (same level as it was in the morning), he confirmed not required as long as there is no drop in level at the time of snapping picture for verification purpses.

Two days after the trip, I received the 2k advance promptly to my bank account without having the need to call the customer care. Additionally received a voucher for 200 bucks that can be redeemed for the next booking.

Overall a very satisfying experience for all those who need a reliable self-drive option, especially during this pandemic where public transportation is not an option. Tell you what, I think this works out about the same if I had taken a cab (net spend approx 1.8k with 60km usage).
Striker is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:35   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
How is the experience of Revv self drive car rental service in Kolkata? Any feedback? Do they have door step delivery and return pick up at suburbs of kolkata like Belgharia (about 6-7 km from CCU NSCBI)?
Whether they santize the car properly? (I intend to use it for my aged parents who are in extremely high risk category for COVID). If the car is good in all respect, I shall opt for keeping it for the entire week instead of new cars every day which will pose more risk / exposure.
I have used Revv during Covid in Kolkata.

Yes, they will provide door step delivery without any extra charge due to Covid issue.

Yes their cars are fairly well maintained. Mechanically you won't complain. They will definitely wash & sanitize the car before every booking.

They aren't exactly punctual, as in most case, they called up 6/12 hours earlier than delivery time asking if it's possible for me to take early delivery without any extra cost. They won't mind delivering at actual booking time slot but in case I have the option to take delivery, they will deliver earlier. Similarly, some time they would call up and ask if I would agree to return the car few hours later than actual return time at no extra cost. Mainly this happens if drop or pickup timings are at odd hours.

All Revv cars are with Black number plates (self drive). Compare to zoom (all are with yellow plate), there is no stupid 80kmph hard restriction.

Apart from that Revv experience in Kolkata is much better than Zoom for sure.

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 12th October 2020 at 19:04. Reason: Fixed formatting error
NaXal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 12:49   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I All Revv cars are with Black number plates (self drive). Compare to zoom (all are with yellow plate), there is no stupid 80kmph hard restriction.
The Crysta revv I had rented last year in Mumbai had a 80kmph hardware limiter. This is a local rto rule apparently so may vary between cities.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 14:12   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The Crysta revv I had rented last year in Mumbai had a 80kmph hardware limiter. This is a local rto rule apparently so may vary between cities.
Same with us. We got Marazzo in Gujarat with 85kmph speed governer. But strangely, vehicle had Maharashtra registration. So wondering if this is Maharashtra RTO rule only?
Old 13th October 2020, 19:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Same with us. We got Marazzo in Gujarat with 85kmph speed governer. But strangely, vehicle had Maharashtra registration. So wondering if this is Maharashtra RTO rule only?
It could be. I have driven KA numbered rentals that don’t have this limit but it’s been a while since I had that opportunity due to my travel patterns over the last year allowing me to use my own car.
Old 22nd October 2020, 02:14   #147
Sen
BHPian

I had a REVV case in Bangalore where the first car came punctured and I had to wait 7 hours past my intended departure time for a replacement Swift Dzire.

It was quite a disappointing experience but they did make up for it in discounts, and in my 12 bookings, only this was the bad egg. They discounted the 7 hours and even gave me a slight bit of a kickback for my next booking.

Overall, rentals are quite pricey but cannot be avoided if you're in a different city and don't own transport of any kind.
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Overall, rentals are quite pricey but cannot be avoided if you're in a different city and don't own transport of any kind.
Look at it this way, far cheaper than taking a cab for 8 hours 80 km, far costlier than using Ola / Uber. So your call on what works for you, self drive or hired cab or taxi.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 22:33   #149
Senior - BHPian

Revv gave me a terrible wake up call today. I had a vehicle booked for 8am door delivery. Never in my dreams I thought I will be woken up at 4:25am saying: Sir, give me your location I am on the way to deliver your vehicle. It took a while for me to realise who the heck is calling at that time. So watch out!
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 01:40   #150
BHPian

I am relocating to Thailand shortly so sold my cars and bike. Checked zoom reviews on Team-BHP and decided not to book with them as people said zoom was not returning security deposit.

Booked a Creta with Revv. After a month of use returned it in the same condition. Now here's where it gets interesting. Revv doesn't want to return security deposit of Rs 5k and wants Rs 10k for underbody damage.

I used the car on decent highways and didn't hit any potholes or speedbumps. Nobody else drove the car during the 1 month of rental. I never abused the car.

Customer care is non helpful. They keep starting new email threads without responding on older threads. They're not returning my security deposit.

Wrote a strongly worded email to them but I can sense the intent of not wanting to return the deposit.

It's not the 10k amount that worries me or the 5k deposit. I just don't like the arm-twisting. What do I do now?
Rathore_13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks