Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 11:34   #16
BHPian

re: Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too

I have used Voler Cars twice. The first booking was for a Swift. The second was a XUV 5OO.

The Swift sent was a VDI ABS model. Brand new car with sparkling exteriors and interiors.

The XUV was a facelifted W6 which was also new, with barely 800 kms on the odo. Impeccably cleaned exteriors and interiors.

Here are some of my comments on them :

1. Both the times, I used the home pick up and drop service. Costed me just Rs. 200 for each booking.

2. Their executive called me 1 hour prior to drop time and confirmed the address. Well learnt guys. The one who brought in the XUV gave me his card and his designation read 'Senior Operations Manager'. Patiently explained the intricacies of the vehicles and showed me the minor scratches, all documents and vehicle features. The last part is never done by any of the other rentals I have tried out so far.

3. None of their cars have the embarrassing company logo sketched over the doors. They keep it plain and simple with just a Black and Yellow number plate. This is what I like the most about them.

4. No mobile phone holder, charger, aux cable and flash light provided. Be sure to carry them with you before you embark on a trip.

5. Their state permit is only for Haryana. If visiting any other state (or even Noida), you need to pay up.

Both of my bookings were surprisingly light on my pocket. Their customer service is brilliant and very responsive, and they promptly refunded my security deposit the very next day.

I certainly recommend this to everyone out here. Top of my list, without any doubt. Zoom Car has gone into tatters.

As for other cities, the executive told me that they will expanding steadily as they want to avert another Zoom Car like fiasco. The owner of the firm is a Bengali and they shall be setting up shop in Kolkata soon, provided they get no resistance from the powerful taxi mafia there.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by barcalad : 4th December 2015 at 11:39.
barcalad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:26   #17
BHPian

Guys, anyone recently rented the Q3 or the GLA in Delhi from Voler?

Just want to get an idea of the condition of these two models. Considering they are new, it should be good. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 17th June 2016, 11:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Voler launches services in Bangalore. Site Link

Quote:
Self-drive car rental company Voler today launched its operations here with a plan to expand to cities like Hyderabad and Chennai by the year-end.

Adding to company's successful operations in Delhi, the announcement makes Voler one of the most prominent self-drive rental service currently in Bengaluru with a fleet ranging from mini-hatchbacks to luxury segment, a company release said.

By the end of the year, the Kolkata-headquartered company plans to offer services in major cities like Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai, among others.
Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too-voler.jpg

Source: ET Auto

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th June 2016 at 11:22.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 07:19   #19
BHPian

Re: Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too

Guys, anyone used Voler here in Bangalore. How is the service? any reviews
Old 12th December 2016, 11:56   #20
BHPian

Feedback on Voler

Anyone recently used Voler in NCR? I am looking to rent XUV or Duster for the Xmas weekend. Also planning to pick up and drop at airport. A recent review would be helpful in making the decision. Else, I would book Revv. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th December 2016, 19:08   #21
BHPian

Are there no reviews yet on voler in bangalore? Couple of posts with questions above.
I want to choose between revv and voler for my next long distance rental, an XUV (for 7 people).
Any real life experience would help.
Old 28th December 2016, 19:09   #22
BHPian

Are there no reviews yet on voler in bangalore? Couple of posts with questions above.
I want to choose between revv and voler for my next rental, an XUV (for 7 people).
Any real life experience would help.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
2.10. In event of any damage caused to the Vehicle, other than normal wear thereof, the User agrees to repair and/or replace the damaged Vehicle part at his own expense with a new Vehicle part of the same dimension/branding an authorized service centre for such Vehicle as intimated by Voler and after obtaining prior approval from Voler.
Any feedback on Voler? There is no CAP limit on fixing the damage? Above snip is from Terms & Conditions.
Old 4th January 2017, 19:12   #24
BHPian

Just thought to share my recent experience with Voler Cars in Pune. Requesting MODS to merge with Pune thread if there exists a separate one!

Booked a Scorpio for 2 days and 10 hours.

Booking:
Website is pretty simple but lacked more details of the vehicle which may be typical of all rental car websites. I have booked a Scorpio due to Innova & XUV were unavailable at that point of time. I was expecting a mid trim one but I got a very basic version. S4 plus. It did not have even fog lamps. They demanded to upload the image of the driver's license and tag the same with the booking which is okay. However, they also demanded to upload Aadhar or PAN which is one time activity and no options afterwards even after finishing of the trip to delete that from your profile. Appears intrusive to me but may be it is the same procedure in others as well (Zoom, Myles...). Good thing is unlimited Kilometers and fueling is left to the user which I felt is convenient and I did not like Zoom car's restriction on the kilometers because I wanted to be flexible to go extra distance as the trip unfolds. Payment options are available in net banking as well and no pressure to enroll for citrus pay.

Pick-Up:
In Pune, they have listed lots of places as pick-up points but they don't have really an office in all of the listed places. The trick here is someone from Voler drives the vehicle to the selected delivery place and calls you ~15 minutes before the actual delivery time. They could have told this clearly, however the delivery was smooth. I did inspection and noted by observations (scratches, dents, fuel and level of cleanliness) before signing-up. Not happy about the cleanliness on the interiors. The delivery person told it is not his responsibility and insisted that I complain to customer care. Fuel meter showing 2 bars which was a surprise to me. It was full to full as mentioned in their website and I was expecting a full tank so that I can return with full tank. It is very hard to manage to bring to the same level of fuel while returning. Mentioned my dissatisfaction in the agreement paper.

Terms & Conditions:
This is too protective on their side. Compared to Zoom Cars, it appeared that Voler dumps everything on the user for everything that happens to vehicle, while the fault arising out of vehicle malfunctioning is grey and in any case all the terms & conditions were resulting in extremely limited liabilities to Voler and 98% to customer.

Returning:
I got delayed and called them for extension on a chargeable basis (400 / hour). They said I will get a code and I need pay using that code which was okay with me. However, they were also saying once the code is given, I must pay within an hour which sounded absurd. Why not settle at once during vehicle returning? I have not obliged and pushed them back I can do so only during vehicle return for which they agreed. Before the extended hours lapse, I got a call and offered to waive off the extra hour charges if I return the vehicle at their hub instead asking them to pick-up from designated point as mentioned during the booking. Luckily, the hub was closer to the actual delivery point and I did deliver to them and got waived INR 800.

Overall, Voler Cars are good as long as you don't end up in any mishaps as your liabilities are far more compared to others. If you are willing to take the risk the experience is good. Simple and clear and flexibility in terms of more delivery options at least in Pune. Bigger vehicles are in limited numbers though.
Pam81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 18:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Used Voler for the first time last month. Overall not a very smooth experience for me, I had a couple of pain points -

1. Delivery Time - As Voler works on the model where they come and drop the car a specific known location as you don't pick it up from their office (if you don't opt for home delivery). This means that you need to be at the pick up spot at the designated time. Also, in Voler the first slot for vehicle pickup is 7AM, which was already quite late for my needs. I reached the pickup point 10 minutes before the designated time, even though there was not update from Voler 30 minutes before the pickup time. To add to the frustration, their customer support line is operational only post 9AM, any emergency requests needs to be routed via email. Finally at 7.25AM a very sleepy person calls and tells me that he's on the way to the pickup point. I finally got the car at 7.50AM, after standing at the pickup spot for an hour.

2. Vehicle Cleanliness - The car I received was not only dirty from the outside, but also on the inside it was very dirty. The windshield and wiper were in a very dirty state too, luckily for me I was not doing any night driving, else it would have been impossible to drive in that condition.

3. Fuel Policy - Voler's policy states that the vehicle must be returned with the amount of fuel it was given. They measure it using the number of fuel bars which, I ended up putting in a lot more fuel than needed as the bars take quite sometime to update. I believe something like the DTE reading should be used as its more accurate and in that they can have a kilometre range within which the car must be returned. For example, when I got the car the DTE read out 180 kms, but when I gave the car back after fuelling up the DTE read 360 kms!

4. Voler Sticker - They have placed a big opaque Voler branding sticker on the rear windshield which is exactly at such a spot that it hinders me from seeing any vehicles overtaking from the left.

I left almost exactly the same email to their customer support email address around two weeks back and I haven't heard anything back from them.

Voler's rates are cheaper than others, and it shows why its cheaper. I am not at all happy with the customer service and the minor issues noted above just leave a bad taste in the mouth.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

I chose to go with Voler Cars than Zoomcar as the last couple of experiences with Zoomcar was pretty poor.

Booked a Mahindra XUV for a road trip to Ladakh sometime in the coming months but I faced a glitch on their app that hindered my booking. I got a revert within 5 mins of raising a complaint and the same was resolved within 30 mins.

Ankit, a Senior Ops Manager called me and asked for my booking ID so as to ensure a hassle free engagement. He also assured me that prior to the trip, the car will go to the workshop for a thorough service.

Needless to say, I'm impressed by the service. Hopefully the car will turn out to be in great condition as well.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 11:00   #27
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Booked a Mahindra XUV for a road trip to Ladakh sometime in the coming months
Ladakh on a self-drive rental vehicle? Be very careful while you are driving to Leh.

Most likely you will not be permitted to take the vehicle beyond Karu towards Nubra Valley or Pangong Lake. You would be forced to take cabs.

This was the scene till last year. Not sure if things will change in favour of self-drive rental cars this year or not.