Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 16:49   #1
Team-BHP Support

Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too

Voler has announced the launch of a self-drive car rental service in Delhi.

Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too-vol.jpg

At present, Voler's fleet consists of cars ranging from the Maruti Swift and Honda Amaze to Mercedes GLA and Toyota Fortuner. The company offers doorstep service in addition to more than 100 pick-up locations.

Voler cars can be rented on hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis. They come with insurance and nationwide access.

How it works:

A customer has to register on the Voler website and enter his location, schedule and delivery option. He can select the car he wishes to rent, pay a security deposit and upload a copy of his driving licence. He will then get the car with a full tank of fuel and a checklist that he needs to fill. After the drive, he has to return the car with a full tank of fuel and with a filled checklist. Voler will refund his security deposit.

Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too-image007.jpg

Voler has set conditions for customers. Users must be over 18 years of age and must possess a driving licence for a light motor vehicle. Users should not have been booked for traffic violations. Payments are accepted through debit or credit cards or Voler wallet.

Delivery and pick-up of cars is chargeable if the booking is for less than a week. Cancellation, rescheduling, change of pick-up / drop-off location, upgrade of car model with less than 24 hour to go for the scheduled ride, will attract additional charges. Late return is also chargeable and downgrade of car model is not allowed.

Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too-vol1.jpg

Like other self-drive rental cars, Voler cars attract taxes when entering different states or cities. The user will have to bear this expense. Toll charges, fines for traffic violations and charges for cleaning the car in case it is extremely dirty will also have to be borne by the customer.

Voler plans to expand its service to major cities in India over the next six months. The company also plans to expand its fleet to 1,000 cars.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th September 2015 at 18:01.
Aditya is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:30   #2
BHPian

re: Voler self-drive service launched in Delhi. EDIT: Now Bangalore too

Is it just the car ? The website says fuel is not included . Is this not more expensive than zoom car ? But they have unlimited distance. Quite confusing now.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 7th September 2015 at 17:34.
Old 7th September 2015, 17:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Is it just the car ? The website says fuel is not included . Is this not more expensive than zoom car ? But they have unlimited distance. Quite confusing now.
Here is the math :

Zoom :

Duration : 10 hrs
Distance : 800 km
Total Cost (Weekday) : 9300 (All inclusive)

Voler :

Cost (Rent) : 550
Cost (Fuel) : 3300 (approx)
Total Cost : 3850

See the difference?

Last edited by Thilak29 : 7th September 2015 at 17:54.
Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 20:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Here is the math :

Zoom :

Voler :

Cost (Rent) : 550
Cost (Fuel) : 3300 (approx)
Total Cost : 3850

See the difference?
Sorry because this is going to be a small post.

800 KM in 10 hours - are you trying to complete a Saddlesore or Do we have Autobahn in India already?

A real world example would be close to 12-15 KMs per hour. In that case, Zoom comes out to be a better option. Plus, after having used them few times, I trust them more over new players in the market. I will wait till Voler has established themselves in the market before I go take a plunge. Being a guinea pig isn't really time worthy for most of the members on the forum including you and me. Lets hope for the best.

Nevertheless, Competition is always beneficial for consumers.

-Vaibhav
vj1303 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 21:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the math :

Zoom :

Zoomcar only allows ten kilometers per hour of driving, no matter the rental time you take, so one day is a maximum of 240km. Their extra per km charges are anywhere between 10 and 18 rupees per km depending on the car make and type.
Old 8th September 2015, 06:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Zoomcar only allows ten kilometers per hour of driving, no matter the rental time you take, so one day is a maximum of 240km. Their extra per km charges are anywhere between 10 and 18 rupees per km depending on the car make and type.
I'm afraid your understanding of maximum km zoom offers is wrong, they offer 10 free km per hour which is part of rent and additional km is chargeable on per km basis. Just last Sunday I rented a figo and drove 400km during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1303 View Post
Sorry because this is going to be a small post.

800 KM in 10 hours - are you trying to complete a Saddlesore or Do we have Autobahn in India already?

A real world example would be close to 12-15 KMs per hour. In that case, Zoom comes out to be a better option. Plus, after having used them few times, I trust them more over new players in the market. I will wait till Voler has established themselves in the market before I go take a plunge. Being a guinea pig isn't really time worthy for most of the members on the forum including you and me. Lets hope for the best.

Nevertheless, Competition is always beneficial for consumers.

-Vaibhav
I am sorry if you are not exposed to such marathon drives covering longer distances in such durations, it is possible -in India . Even if you change the numbers and do math seems like new player offers better value.
Old 8th September 2015, 09:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I'm afraid your understanding of maximum km zoom offers is wrong, they offer 10 free km per hour which is part of rent and additional km is chargeable on per km basis. Just last Sunday I rented a figo and drove 400km during the day.

I am sorry if you are not exposed to such marathon drives covering longer distances in such durations, it is possible -in India . Even if you change the numbers and do math seems like new player offers better value.
Just my opinion here,800Km in 10 hours sounds a bit impractical.Thats the distance between Bangalore and Pune. I doubt if you can cover it within 10 hours even you take the NH4. We need to look at the practical angle here. Bangalore to Mysore is around 150Kms and can be done in 2.5 to 3 hours at decent speeds. Assume the total trip is for 400Kms , I am sure voler would work out cheaper than zoom since they are not limiting the distance travelled in a day.
Old 8th September 2015, 10:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Just my opinion here,800Km in 10 hours sounds a bit impractical.Thats the distance between Bangalore and Pune. I doubt if you can cover it within 10 hours even you take the NH4. We need to look at the practical angle here. Bangalore to Mysore is around 150Kms and can be done in 2.5 to 3 hours at decent speeds. Assume the total trip is for 400Kms , I am sure voler would work out cheaper than zoom since they are not limiting the distance travelled in a day.
Well, Its difficult. Agreed, but certainly not impossible.
Back to the topic, I was just presenting a calculation indicating the cost difference. Nothing more.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:12   #9
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone used Voler ? Feedback will be highly appreciated.

I am looking at booking a self drive vehicle for 5.5 days / 1300 Kms in December and Voler comes to about 20k + Fuel compared to a Zoomcar which is 33k.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the criterion of user not having committed any traffic violations? I did not understand that. I thought in India the challan is issued against the vehicle number and not the user.

Also how do these companies assess the interiors of the car at the time of return? What is the criterion for labeling it as dirty or clean?
Old 25th November 2015, 17:10   #11
BHPian

Booked a Duster from Voler for 9 days in December. The booking process was smooth, and their help desk gave me a 10% off coupon code to sweeten the deal. Here is some information I got from the help desk:

1. The person making the booking is the only authorised driver. If you want to add another driver, email Voler with their name/age/license number.
2. Liability cap for accidents is Rs.5000. The rest is covered by insurance.
3. Voler provides 24x7 roadside assistance within Delhi. For outstation requests, they will attempt to provide a replacement car if your rental breaks down.
4. Speed limit cap of 125kmph, which is better than Myles or Zoom.
5. Return the vehicle with its tank full, or be charged for a full tank of fuel.
6. Voler has offices at Terminals 1 & 3 of the IGI Airport. Pick up and drop off MUST be at the same location.

This is my first time renting a self-drive car in India. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping everything goes smoothly.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

Did you not avail of the pick and drop of the car to your residence ?
Old 26th November 2015, 15:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Did you not avail of the pick and drop of the car to your residence ?
I don't live in Delhi, so I didn't opt for the pickup & drop off service. I think they said the service is free if you rent out for more than X days (can't remember exactly).
Old 26th November 2015, 19:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

I need a clarification.

Are they providing a pan India service? If yes that would be awesome. I was desperately waiting for something like this in Kolkata.
Old 4th December 2015, 10:55   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Are they providing a pan India service? If yes that would be awesome. I was desperately waiting for something like this in Kolkata.
Hi,

Currently Voler is operating only in Delhi NCR. See link below.

http://www.volercars.com/locations

Launched in August this year, it will take a while before they expand their foor prints in other metro cities.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th December 2015 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks