Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 18:49   #1
BHPian

Tavera running away from Policemen on a bike chasing them

today afternoon i was coming back to gurgaon from delhi on the mehraulli-gurgaon road when almost a kilometer from the border i see this tavera in my mirror catching on me at high speed. the traffic pattern was full ahead of me but still as he was approaching me from the left hand side i gave him little room. its better to be safe than sorry.

just as he zipped past me a delhi police bullet with 2 policemen zommed by. for some reason unknown it seemed they were following the tavera. although the bike did overtake the tavera 200m before the border & signalled him to take side, instead of doin so he swerve into the bike & then corrected course with high speed. the policemen took evasive action & just as they reached the border ended their chase in a failure.

now see the best part, as soon as this tavera enters haryana border, suddenly he's in no hurry to go on. he's collected & calm (as are his passengers). he came back to his normal speed knowing that the delhi police cant do nything to him.

i mean till what time the bureaucracy keep this delhi police-gurgaon police kind of an attitude. it should be about the offence done & not by where somebody has reached a different border & the police from where the crime has been committed cant do a thing. disgusting.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 6th September 2006 at 18:51.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

We need police just for patrolling the highways, on the lines of something like the 'Ontario Provincial Police' ! You also have seen the Americans' chase criminals right into Mexico without any hiccups ehh. As such Delhi is bursting with criminal elements imported from their catchment areas of mainly UP and Bihar and in this case 'probably' from Haryana.

If Delhi is as slack as it usually is, I do not see a very bright future for it. Already in terms of the 'electricity' situation it is the basketcase of INdia.
Old 6th September 2006, 19:22   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

the cops will probably catch the tavera when it makes a re-entry at the border.
Old 6th September 2006, 19:48   #4
BHPian

aZa,
what if the tavera was stolen?
either it might never come back again ever or at max the people using it on its back trip will get harassed.
even i have seen such practices being followed in noida/delhi border areas.
imho, there should not be such a firm boundation on cops of one state to enter another for such exigencies.
Old 6th September 2006, 20:34   #5
BHPian

rightly said by REVHARDER, there should not be such a firm boundation on cops of one state to enter another for such exigencies.

@ aZa, the way delhi police will keep their records i have serious doubts if they will have taken note of today's incident. if somebody's not cought red handed, chances are very bleak that they will ever get caught for that offence.
Old 6th September 2006, 20:36   #6
BHPian

Its so said that when ,Veerapan was ruling the TN forest and when ever the police came looking for him, he used to quickly move into the forest of Karnataka state and relax. The TN police used to stop the chase and used to go back ..he he ain't that funny !!
Old 6th September 2006, 22:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

No, if it is a stolen car then the police can chase across state boundaries. It's just in case of petty violations like jumping lights etc that they might abandon outside state borders.

But 'jumping lights' are not a petty violation are they...
Old 6th September 2006, 23:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Jumping lights is a petty violation attracting petty fine of 100rs according to Delhi police.

Most Viewed