Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 19:42   #1
BHPian

Help - Online permit application for Arunachal Pradesh?

Hi
As part of our all India trip we wish to drive to Tawang. We read that we will have to take Inner Line Permits should we enter the state of Arunachal Pradesh. To our pleasant surprise we saw that these permits can be applied and obtained online!!!.

We opened the below webpage for applying permits online.

http://www.arunachalilp.com/

We are facing many challenges in submitting the application online through this site. Please advice on below.
  • The page does not give any option for group permit applications. This is not a major issue, we would apply individually.
  • The online form doesn't list Tawang in the drop down list for places to visit. Its only giving a single option "Papum pare". Could anyone advice if we just select this only available option and go ahead, will we be allowed to go to Tawang?
  • The maximum allowed file size to upload Jpg copies of passports is only 40KB. The files compressed to this size when opened are very blurred and contents cannot be read. Is there anyway to reduce the file size and still have good quality? They allow only Jpg or png formats for upload.

Please help us tackle these challenges for online application. Has anyone really got permits applying online? Looking at the way the site is maintained we are very sceptical about getting permits online.

help

Cheers
Renjith.
Old 12th September 2015, 18:17   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith_Mani View Post
Hi
As part of our all India trip we wish to drive to Tawang. We read that we will have to take Inner Line Permits should we enter the state of Arunachal Pradesh. To our pleasant surprise we saw that these permits can be applied and obtained online!!!............................Please help us tackle these challenges for online application. Has anyone really got permits applying online? Looking at the way the site is maintained we are very sceptical about getting permits online.
AFAIK, the online process is applicable for Itanagar sector only. For all other sectors you have apply in physical form. You can get these done from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur Resident Commissioner offices.
When are you planning to do the trip? Do inform if I can be of any help.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 21:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Help - Online permit application for Arunachal Pradesh?

Online only for Itanagar? I doubt. Its better to get specific permits made in person at the RC's office.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
AFAIK, the online process is applicable for Itanagar sector only. For all other sectors you have apply in physical form. You can get these done from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur Resident Commissioner offices.
When are you planning to do the trip? Do inform if I can be of any help.
Thanks Wanderer. I would have spent hours searching web and even applying for a permit that would be of no use for us.

This is kind of s set back to our trip plans. We would be losing a lot of time getting permits at Rongli (for Zuluk), Pheuntsholing and Thimphu. I hope we could get the permits at Tezur without much delay.
We are scheduled to reach Tezpur on a Saturday 17, October 2015 - do they issue permits on Saturday?

Cheers
Renjith

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Online only for Itanagar? I doubt. Its better to get specific permits made in person at the RC's office.
Hi wanderernomad

I was also surprised to hear that. But it seems to be the case for now. The drop down list on the application page is not giving options for any other places.

Our major worry is that if the permit issuing office do not operate on Saturdays we will be stranded for 2 days.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2015 at 19:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 13th September 2015, 14:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Wanderer. I would have spent hours searching web and even applying for a permit that would be of no use for us.........We are scheduled to reach Tezpur on a Saturday 17, October 2015 - do they issue permits on Saturday?
I think they do issue permits on Saturday if it's not a 2nd or 4th. But, to get the permit on the same day, you have to submit the application early. What time are you scheduled to reach Tezpur? But, if you get delayed on the way, you'd have to wait till Monday for the permits.
Old 13th September 2015, 18:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help - Online permit application for Arunachal Pradesh?

Renjith you are staring at your saviour in the above post. 4x4 knows Tejpur like no one else and am sure he will oblige if you will ask really nice. But obtaining a permit in a single day is almost impossible. You will reach Tejpur via Udalguri?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 19:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Renjith you are staring at your saviour in the above post. 4x4 knows Tejpur like no one else and am sure he will oblige if you will ask really nice. But obtaining a permit in a single day is almost impossible. You will reach Tejpur via Udalguri?
we are driving to Tejpur from Samdrup Jonkhar, so I think yes we would de driving through Udalguri.
Can we get in touch with 4x4 at Udalguri?
Old 13th September 2015, 21:17   #8
BHPian

Online applications are simply ignored,but the local hotels will help you with the permit. Bhutan permits are available from Calcutta in advance. Book your accommodation well in advance as the puja season
means huge crowds going to Bhutan. Also check out the indiamike site.

Last edited by mvadg : 13th September 2015 at 21:19.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
we are driving to Tejpur from Samdrup Jonkhar, so I think yes we would de driving through Udalguri.
Can we get in touch with 4x4 at Udalguri?
I'd suggest take the Rangia Mangaldai route from Samdrup to Tezpur, instead of the Tangla Udalguri road. That way you'd mostly be on the NH with roadside facilities.

And no, you'd not find me in Udalguri. To get my "darshan" you'd have to drive all the way to Guwahati. But, share your travel details including number of pax and vehicles, let me see if I can be of any help.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 00:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
I'd suggest take the Rangia Mangaldai route from Samdrup to Tezpur, instead of the Tangla Udalguri road. That way you'd mostly be on the NH with roadside facilities.

And no, you'd not find me in Udalguri. To get my "darshan" you'd have to drive all the way to Guwahati. But, share your travel details including number of pax and vehicles, let me see if I can be of any help.
Thanks 4x4
We will take your advice on the route and many thanks.
We will be passing by Guwahati on our return trip. Would we have the privilege??
We plan to use Goalpara route to go to Siliguri. (Is it a good idea?)

I have read online that we could get permits at Bhalukpong entry check post faster!! Is it true?

We are a team of 6 guys coming in two cars. A Mahindra Thar and one Mahindra Bolero. Thar number plate is KL 06 G 7775 Bolero is KL 34 B 6236

We expect to reach Tezpur on 17/October/2015 and proceed driving to Bomdilla for night halt.
18/Oct/2015 Bomdilla to Tawang
19/Oct/2015 Tawang to Tezpur
20/Oct/2015 Tezpur to Siliguri

Team Members
1. Renjith Mani
2. Anas Majeed
3. Siju Augustine
4. Subhash Anchalose
5. Shaiju Palackal
6. Shinoze Chooriyode

Please let me know if you need any further info. We are really looking forward to your support as we do not have any other contacts in the region.

Regards
Renjith
Old 14th September 2015, 11:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks 4x4
We will take your advice on the route and many thanks.
We will be passing by Guwahati on our return trip. Would we have the privilege??
We plan to use Goalpara route to go to Siliguri. (Is it a good idea?)

I have read online that we could get permits at Bhalukpong entry check post faster!! Is it true?---------------------We expect to reach Tezpur on 17/October/2015 and proceed driving to Bomdilla for night halt.
18/Oct/2015 Bomdilla to Tawang
19/Oct/2015 Tawang to Tezpur
20/Oct/2015 Tezpur to Siliguri

------------------------------
Please let me know if you need any further info. We are really looking forward to your support as we do not have any other contacts in the region
Yes, you can take the south bank route though it is a 2 lane road.

Regarding permits at the Bhalukpong entry gate, its a hit or miss. If you get there on time when they are issuing the permits you can get one. Otherwise, you have to bribe these guys and wait for a long time. Not worth, IMO.

What time are you reaching Tezpur on 17th? If you are reaching late, then it'd be a night drive to Bomdila which I'd not suggest. Similarly, Bomdila to Tawang will take the better part of a day on 18th. So, you'd barely get half a day in Tawang if you are planning on doing Tawang - Tezpur the next day. Pls keep some buffer as things around these parts are unpredictable because of the weather and timings thrown out by Gmaps cannot be taken for granted while planning.

Meanwhile, I'll try to get your permits done through someone either from Guwahati or Tezpur which you'd need to collect in Tezpur. You'd need to courier me some docs. Check your pm for further details.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 12:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:

What time are you reaching Tezpur on 17th? If you are reaching late, then it'd be a night drive to Bomdila which I'd not suggest. Similarly, Bomdila to Tawang will take the better part of a day on 18th. So, you'd barely get half a day in Tawang if you are planning on doing Tawang - Tezpur the next day. Pls keep some buffer as things around these parts are unpredictable because of the weather and timings thrown out by Gmaps cannot be taken for granted while planning.
As per the suggestions we have modified our route plan. We skipped hiking to Tiger's Nest to arrive one day earlier at Tezpur.
We would reach Tezpur at 10.30 AM on Friday the 16th October. I hope we would be able to leave to Bomdila by 3 PM

17/10/2015 Saturday Bomdila to Tawang
18/10/2015 Sunday, morning be spend around Tawang - start return drive at 2.30 PM. Halt at the town we reach around 6PM to 7PM
19/10/2015 Return to Tezpur/Guwahati

Hope this plan would be better and more realistic.

Let me check the PM and organise all documents at earliest.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers
Renjith.
Old 17th September 2015, 11:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

I would rather trek to Takhtsang Gompa( Tigers Nest) then arrive one day early at Tejpur. Leaving Tezpur at 1500 would give you a torturous ride to Bomdila. Suggest take a night halt at Tenga. Early morning start from Tenga will see you at Tawang in the evening on 17/10/15. If 4X4 manages the entry passes, which am sure he will, then its fine, otherwise let me know, I can ask the Bhalukpong EAC to get them done.
Also spendign just half a day at Tawang is ill advised. Many people suffer from High Altitude sickness upon their arrival. Starting back in the afternoon would at best bring you to Dirang, which is the only place you can find decent accomodation.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 17th September 2015 at 11:42.
Old 17th September 2015, 13:28   #14
Team-BHP Support

Hi Renjith, we had done a trip to Western Arunachal (Tawang Circuit) and had written a travelogue on that. Here is a link. You might find it helpful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ndra-thar.html
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this plan would be better and more realistic.

Let me check the PM and organise all documents ........
Pls check your pm. Have sent the required number. Not sure whether you've received it. If you haven't received the pm, pls pm me your number, I'll send a SMS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks