Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 22:43   #1
BHPian

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service

Note to Mods: Didn't find any threads related to this service, hence opened up the topic.

Saw an advertisement for Justride online and had a look at their website:

www.justride.in

Service seems to be modelled along the lines of Zoomcar. Their initial deposit rates are much lesser than Zoomcar though at 999 Rs, but, it does have the disadvantage of not fully covering any accidental damage. It seems to be expanding at a few locations in Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai and NCR.

Since one of their pickup points is right opposite my office, decided to hire an XUV for 3 hours (minimum duration). An introductory offer in which the first 3 hours of your reservation are free (free coupon) is available and I used it to book the car.

Reached the point, its right outside my office complex and met the person in charge of the place. Car was a brand new XUV 5OO (Facelifted model), with just 968 kms on the odo. It was neat and well maintained and felt really good to drive (I'm sure this is more due to the vehicle being new). Quick walk around, had to sign a document and I was on my way. Zoomcar felt much more sophisticated than this, with their app based check in etc., but this didn't take much time either.

Finished my drive, took the car back to the point for return, and met the same person. Again, he quickly went around the car, noted the odometer, fuel levels etc. and asked me to sign on another form. All done, I was on my way within 5 minutes.

Overall experience was pretty good, biggest convenience factor for me was the close proximity to my office. Some policies are a bit negative in my opinion and they should probably work on refining them more. for e.g. the damage liability, can be a very big amount in case of major accidents.

P.S. upon speaking to the manager, I was told that they were looking to expand aggressively and inducting more than 200 cars more into their fleet. Seems like some self drive car hire scene is really heating up now.
asivan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 22:51   #2
BHPian

re: JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service

The self-drive market is heating up. The day may not be far when renting a bigger car would be easier than owning one

Are you sure about the accident liability on JustRide ? i thought it was the 3K deposite that you pay that is at stake. I had confirmed this with the call center too. The liability is on justride. But its worth looking at the fineprint on the agreement.

There is another self drive option "MYLES". They park 50K on your credit card before you take the vehicle. . This is your liability in case of accident on Myles. Their call center said that we pay the amount which is not covered by the insurance.

Thanks,
Shailesh.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 23:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
The self-drive market is heating up. The day may not be far when renting a bigger car would be easier than owning one

Are you sure about the accident liability on JustRide ? i thought it was the 3K deposite that you pay that is at stake. I had confirmed this with the call center too. The liability is on justride. But its worth looking at the fineprint on the agreement.

There is another self drive option "MYLES". They park 50K on your credit card before you take the vehicle. . This is your liability in case of accident on Myles. Their call center said that we pay the amount which is not covered by the insurance.

Thanks,
Shailesh.
No mate, I paid just Rs. 999 as my deposit, and its going to be refunded back (hopefully soon!).

I read through the user agreement and it clearly states that additional damage excess liability is on the user. attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-clause.jpg  

asivan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 23:23   #4
BHPian

Yeah, they have a discount on the deposit running right now. 999 instead of 3K.

Insurance and liability clause is exactly same in zoom. refer image.
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-zoom.jpg  

ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 19:34   #5
BHPian

Re: JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service

Myles has slashed its pre-authorisation charge from 50K to 5K.
Sense prevailed i think
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-myles.jpg  

Old 29th October 2015, 16:01   #6
BHPian

AMAZING customer service by JustRide on my booking for a self drive XUV.
Read through to know why !

I have been searching for a selfdrive vehicle for my Mumbai Rajashtan Trip in december, christmas time. After searching on net for zoom, Justride and myles i zeroed in on Justride. I wasnt sure if Justride would offer luggage carrier on an XUV as we will be 2 families and like to travel heavy.

I just sent an email their helpdesk asking about this and this is where the customer service kept on impressing me.

I got a call from Mr Jitsh Dugar from their Powai Mumbai office within 1 hour of my email sayign he can enable the carrier. I asked him that the rates looked high and I was looking for an unlimited KMs package vs the standard package offered on the internet by Justride.

Jitesh immediately said he could work it out for me. I had a quote from him in < 30 mins with unlimited kms and fuel on me option. They would just charge me for the car. I found this on a higher side and spoke to Jitesh again. We had our conversation and he again came back with a better deal.

He was always courteous and always had a deal ready for me. I compared the deal with anything else on the net and found it to be better than everything that was available.

Kudos to Jiten and Just ride. They were able to close the deal in less than a day and have a happy customer.

Cheers,
Shailesh.
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:24   #7
BHPian

Had a great experience. Rented a Ritz zdi from Blore to Coorg for 5 days. 999 deposit. I paid around 9k for the duration.

I changed my booking from Monday morning 8 am to Sunday night 9 pm and it was handled well.

The car did around 3000 km and still had that new car smell. I loved the fact that it was a ZDI and had ABS/airbags. The only cons - the glovebox had a slight cola spill from the previous trip and this wasn't cleaned up. The rest of the car was clean. Also, the phone charger didn't work after a while, not their fault I suppose.

The car allocation process was smooth and took 5 min.

All in all, a fantastic experience and I would go with them again.

Anyway, after my GT TSI, the 1.3 ddis mill felt positively agricultural on comparison. The turbo lag also took getting used to, apart from my 'slow' shifts as compared to the dsg. All in all, an old nokia vs iphone 6s. On the positive side, the ride quality was much better than my polo. And whatever I tried, I couldn't get less than 20 kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-1451822026270.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-1451822045085.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-1451822092586.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Had a great experience. Rented a Ritz zdi from Blore to Coorg for 5 days. 999 deposit. I paid around 9k for the duration.
This is interesting. I'm not interested much in Zoomcar these days due to the poor condition of vehicles.
Was it rented from Bombay or Bangalore? I see MH registration. Won't that cause any problem?
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:17   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
T I see MH registration. Won't that cause any problem?
All their vehicles which I have seen in Bangalore till now are MH registered. They have paid yearly road tax for the same, hence should not cause any issue.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
This is interesting. I'm not interested much in Zoomcar these days due to the poor condition of vehicles.
Was it rented from Bombay or Bangalore? I see MH registration. Won't that cause any problem?
Rented from Blore. All India permit, no problem at all, even with extensive driving within Blore city. Precisely the reason why I dint go for zoomcars. Cheaper and new vehicles: no brainer

Last edited by d_himan : 3rd January 2016 at 21:48.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 20:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
AMAZING customer service by JustRide on my booking for a self drive XUV.
I got a call from Mr Jitsh Dugar from their Powai Mumbai office within 1 hour of my email sayign he can enable the carrier. I asked him that the rates looked high and I was looking for an unlimited KMs package vs the standard package offered on the internet by Justride.

Jitesh immediately said he could work it out for me. I had a quote from him in < 30 mins with unlimited kms and fuel on me option. They would just charge me for the car. I found this on a higher side and spoke to Jitesh again. We had our conversation and he again came back with a better deal.

Kudos to Jiten and Just ride. They were able to close the deal in less than a day and have a happy customer.

Cheers,
Shailesh.
I need to hire a XUV in Bangalore for 4 days and enquired with them for the same things that you mentioned - 1) need a roof rack (we are 6 adults) 2) unlimited kms (travelling from Blore to Coorg).

For the roof rack they said they'll charge me Rs500/- for the trip. Quite reasonable.

For the unlimited kms, he initially gave me quote. And then called me back and apologized. He said that I can have unlimited kms only for a trip of about 6-7 days.

So I am now back to square one, looking at other self-drive rentals that offer a XUV with a roof rack and have either 1100kms or unlimited kms. No luck with Myles and Zoomcar for the roof rack.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 18th January 2016, 17:34   #12
BHPian

I rented out a XUV from JustRide for 4 days. I am highly dissapointed with their service.

Facts:-
* Before making the payment I had spoken to their customer service and confirmed that I'll need a roof carrier. After making the payment, I emailed and requested for the roof carrier. I followed up twice over the phone to make sure they have it on their record that I have requested for a roof rack. One day before the pick up date, I went to the pick up location and confirmed with their personnel there that I have a car with a roof carrier. After all these confirmations, when I went to pick up the car on the pick up date they said they cannot give me the a roof carrier because all have been already reserved. I had a 4 day trip with 6 adults and 1 kid. I had to adjust the luggage and 1 adult in the last seat because of their screw up.

* The car that they gave me was not in a good condition. It's seats were all soiled. The right fender was tied with nylon ropes. And to top it all, the tyre had side wall damage.

* Because they messed up with the roof carrier, I had to negotiate to get compensation. And they offered me Rs 500/- as compensation. I had to make 3-4 calls to follow up for this. I think they should have been more proactive in handling the case as they are clearly at fault here. Mistakes do happen, but you can always be proactive in fixing the problem. If I have to call multiple times, it shows the callous attitude.

Opinion -

* I would not like to rent from them again in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-wp_20160111_004.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-wp_20160111_005.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-wp_20160111_006.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-wp_20160111_007.jpg  

shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 13:06   #13
BHPian

Hi Folks,

This is my first post after getting approved by this coveted group that I've been following for long.

So our group of 7 had planned a trip from mumbai to daman. Instead of taking 2 sedans that we've, we thought of renting a self driven scorpio or xuv. First place to go was zoomcar, they are charging me c.Rs 6500 for scorpio (33 hours and 330km) and c.Rs8500 for XUV. their reviews didn't encourage me going ahead and searched for options.

Found about JustRide from this thread, I was able to book Scorpio for 5200 and XUV for Rs7000. Deal on scorpio was irresistible and booked the car.

One negative about justride is homepickup and drop is not provided from all their depots. Had to travel from kandivali (mumbai) to Juhu in mumbai at 8am to pick the vehicle. Scorpio was the base one S4 model was fairly new vehicle, cleanliness was okay. The person handed the vehicle and said if I go above 120km/hr there's a penalty of rs 500. There was no warning system in the vehicle entire ride I was staring at the odo.

My end time was at 6pm on 24th. I reached the location at 6.10 and to my surprise they charge me 500 as penalty for not being on time the terms and conditions were not cleared while booking. Secondly I could have extended by an hour by posting rs 180.

Further their person checks the vehicle and says this is a new scratch. and I've to pay. I was surprised as while handing over the vehicle condition was not shown nor did note it. Had a small fight later which he agreed.

On the Vehicle. I've never driven a scorpio and found it to be overall a disappointing vehicle with great vibrating like a truck, engine being very sluggish to my Vento Innova benchmark and the boat feel and every single pothole being felt and the passengers behind shivering on curves . Don't want to hurt any scorpio owners this is my personal feeling.

Plus I believe mileage provided by my scorpio was around 10km/ltr. The car consumed 3/4th tank for 380kms driven. Donno how justride could make good money then as weekday rentals are very low.

Overall found justride cost effective but one has to be cautious dealing with them. Hope my experience helps.

P.S. Forgot to mention deposit is only 999 and accident claims is capped to 3000 only making it a win win for us.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Only TWO emoticons allowed per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th February 2016 at 18:44.
Old 26th January 2016, 18:52   #14

Justride is also planning to bring BMW 520d into their fleet soon. We have one in Pune but booking hasn't yet started. They sponsored a even at Symbiosis Centre For Information Technology, Pune and gave 6 cars for 3-4 days. Among which one was BMW 520d. When I asked about it they said that they are planning to introduce it but I don't know for sure, because I spoke to the person at location. They are seriously eating up Zoomcar
Old 19th February 2018, 15:35   #15
BHPian

Had a wonderful experience with Drivezy this weekend in Mangalore. This was a bit of last minute plan on a weekend, so Zoomcar and Myles in Mangalore were sold out, this left me with only Drivezy to pick from. They have opened in Mangalore about 5 months ago, at Hotel Brigade Royale and currently have a fleet of 5 vehicles in Mangalore (4 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi and 1 Tata Bolt XE Diesel). As luck would have it, I ended up with the Bolt.

The plus sides were that the car was relatively new (only 34,000 Km on the odo), the tyres had sufficient grip, both the interior and exterior were squeaky clean and the car had very minor nicks and dents). The car had a basic after-market stereo and an AutoCop power-window system.

The downsides, not Drivezy's fault though, was with the Bolt itself. Being used to a Grand i10 and a Creta, the Bolt felt lethargic, the NVH levels high, the clutch and gearbox combo gave my left side a good workout.

That apart, the drive was enjoyable. The steering was nice and direct, and weighed up well with speed, the brakes were nice and progressive. Coming to Drivezy, I did not use the app, the end-to-end experience (from booking to refund) on their website was seamless. Their on-ground staff in Mangalore were extremely helpful and polite. I was given the car with 40% fuel (approx Rs. 500 worth of diesel). The car costed me Rs. 1638 for the 120 kilometers free package. I paid an additional Rs. 144 for excess distance. I refueled diesel worth Rs. 500 on the way and I was promptly reimbursed for the same. This brought it to a total of Rs. 1282, which I think was completely worth it for a clean, well-maintained car for about 148 kiometers and 9 hours.

I would in all likelihood rent from them again.
Attached Thumbnails
JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-ecdf17d59c0548268e556e07b1dadeae.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-img_1780.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-img_1795.jpg  

JustRide.in - Self-drive car rental service-img_1796.jpg  

TejasKinger is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks