Team-BHP - Idiot driving with a child on the parcel tray!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Idiot driving with a child on the parcel tray! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/168891-idiot-driving-child-parcel-tray.html)

Idiot driving with a child on the parcel tray!-uwsrbnq.jpg

Yes, its the idiot's daughter/whoever on the rear parcel tray of this wagonR doing 80 on NH8. :Frustrati

I used to think that having the kid stand in between the front seats was bad. I am now speechless.

@Mods Haven't posted in a while here.. hope I posted in the right section. If not, please move the post.

Probably needs to go into the 'Bad Driver Thread'.

I have seen this several times in the City of Calicut in Kerala-Mostly M800 or Alto's. Driver, one passenger plus kid in front seat. 3-4 ladies in the back seat. Oh wait 2 more kids need to fit in, where do they go? Easy, put them in the boot space.

As Rajeevraj said, this needs to be moved to 'Bad Drivers - How do we spot them?' thread.

This practice of seating kids or even full size adults in the boot space (with seat back folded) is quite common in Delhi. But that is mostly on hatchbacks due to lack of seating space for more than 5 adults.

In this case, the rear seats look empty or empty enough to fit that kid. Maybe the driver agreed to the girl's wish to let her sit on the parcel tray! Plus it is a CNG vehicle, how would the parcel tray hold the weight of the child? IIRC the maximum load limit was around 3KG. Not using the ORVM also, plus I assume that this car would be running on those ultra-thin stock tyres. Total recipe for disaster. This is for sure a bad driver, shame on him.

I am aware that we are very zealous lot of enthusiasts and tend to scoff at the slightest sight of anything unsafe. Whilst I am also a staunch supporter of safety I have seen endless number of people stick their heads out of the sun/moon roof and trying to enjoy God alone what!
Surprisingly its not the run off the mill cars which have sun roof's but the more expensive lot and I am always appalled when such people actually flout all safety norms.

Going by personal experience I can say that its not always the driver who is at fault. Since we don't have a norm of buckling up in the rear seat kids tend to 'roam' at the back & there is a real likelihood that 'this girl' might have climbed on to the parcel tray & tried to make herself comfortable. Believe me kids these days are not the controllable lot the way we millennials were.
However the biggest issue is safety is seen as more of a burden in our country. People buckle up not to save lives but the meager fines that the cops would levy.

To add some details.. only one female was on the rear seat.
While I have seen an adult being seated inside the boot (not on the parcel tray) this was a first for me.

I could see the girl bouncing as the tray flexed from the road undulations. :Shockked: A thought came to roll down the window and ask the driver what the hell was he doing..but then I didn't, since I could not afford to get into a discussion with such a huge retard.:Frustrati It would probably be exactly like this banging head at the wall smiley.

I feel weird even putting a tissue box on that part of a car. Due to it bouncing around and being carefree. Imagine a human..? People are so careless for the value of life.

Is it my eyes, or the "2" in 2230 is wonky?

Q: Well come to think of the kid, what makes this position more hazardous than sitting on rear bench and not bucking up the seat belt?

A: Perhaps since it is at higher elevation, the kid can get thrown out of the window (breaking the glass) upon an impact.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3817893)
Is it my eyes, or the "2" in 2230 is wonky?

That "2" is indeed wonky. Earlier I thought it is just me! lol:

And regarding your question, I think this place is more dangerous as

1. In case of a topple, the girl has more chances of getting thrown out of the car.

2. If a truck/SUV rear ends the WagonR? More chances of the girl getting thrown out, or getting injured by broken glass.

3. In case of hard braking, the girl would probably roll and hit the floor. More chances of injury as the height of the tray is more and the girl would have been sitting normally if on the rear seat.

4. What if the tray breaks? The child's weight must have been higher than the weight limit of the tray, if it is not the MDF type.

Sorry if I sound rude, but seriously your question sounded like "What is the problem in letting them sit/lie on the dashboard rather than sitting on the passenger seat (without buckling up), after all they will still be thrown out".

Is it just me who is unable to see the video or pic which is posted or there are others too?. Seriously kid on the rear parcel tray is the latest heights in the idiotism:Shockked:. Driving with open boot with kids, kids hanging out of sunroof, I mean how educated can the parents be. I have seen many owners drive with kids in their lap as if that was adventure. :Frustrati

Just the other day I saw a biker screech to a halt. The pilion rider supposedly his wife had a two month old baby in her arms and sitting without holding any support. How urgent can the business be driving around endangering your family?

Request to OP, kindly repost the video/pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3817944)
Kindly repost the video/pic.

Reposting the picture -

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternalck (Post 3817449)
Yes, its the idiot's daughter/whoever on the rear parcel tray of this wagonR doing 80 on NH8. :Frustrati

Please report the same to Delhi Traffic Police either through their Facebook page or through Whatsapp helpline @ 8750871493. If this was in Gurgaon, report it to Gurgaon Traffic Police Facebook page.

Idiot driving with a child on the parcel tray!-20140816_141430.jpg

Idiot driving with a child on the parcel tray!-20140816_141432.jpg
The images are a year old, taken in Malad, Mumbai.

I think the sales person selling the car to them might have said that the car is an 8 seater with 3 children accommodating the last row i.e. the boot :deadhorse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vin11 (Post 3817947)
Reposting the picture -

I think so he is one of the worst driver I have ever seen who is driving on an NH8 with rear view mirror in closed position (left rear view mirror):Frustrati .

I have observed this act of stupidity many times in Gurgaon. You can observe this behavior especially after 1pm or whenever school is out. One time I saw an innocent kid playing with his toy car waving at me in traffic with 3/4 of his body on the tray (including one of his legs). This car had a "baby on board" sticker and as I overtook the car I saw his father talking on the phone without his seatbelt on. What is the point of making a successful career after educating yourself for 20 plus years if you don't have the common sense to protect your progeny:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by technicalytuned (Post 3818336)
I think so he is one of the worst driver I have ever seen who is driving on an NH8 with rear view mirror in closed position (left rear view mirror):Frustrati .

He at least had the driver side mirror extended. Driving with both mirrors closed is a routine occurrence. Majority are the ones trying to protect their precious electric mirrors on their new(ish) car.:Frustrati