Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2018, 18:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Reason for quoting you both is to enquire, if at all any one of you is successful in transferring the amount to your bank account.
Thanks.
I have never tried transferring anything out from the app.
I too have noted that the minimum amount of transfer to the bank is Rs 1000.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 20:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Reason for quoting you both is to enquire, if at all any one of you is successful in transferring the amount to your bank account.
I tried but was rejected as it says amount has to be minimum 1000/-. Even then it says with take few days to credit. Any luck with anyone of you to get it to your bank. I don't want to transfer to PAyTM.

Thanks.
I have not tried transferring the money yet to bank a/c or paytm. It has been accumulating in the sRide wallet. So I am not sure how long does it take.

However, on Wunder carpool app, it did take 2 days for money to credit in my Paytm Account, which in today's digital age seems quite a lot of time.
Old 31st May 2018, 20:43   #33
Team-BHP Support

I use both QuickRide and SRide:

Positives:

- You do your bit for the environment by taking cars off the road. Pune is notorious for single occupancy cars driving to work
- You help out fellow professionals, as car pool allows for much better flexibility. Esp. given developments such as some companies stopping their transport services, and MetroZip (in Pune) becoming far less reliable and convenient
- I don't consider this a motivation at all, but yes, you can set off your fuel bill a bit. I know some people who take along four people and change their routes for maximum occupancy

Negatives:

- Some co-passengers can be a nuisance; not just because of their behavior but their attitude.
a) Some don't understand that it is not a cab, their instinct is to open the rear door even when there is no one at the front.
b) They'll be busy in their own thing: busy with their phone or take calls etc. Not a big deal but I don't think it is too much to expect basic courtesy
c) They'll keep their bags on the seat; soiling it
- Punctuality: I'm some one who is prompt to the dot so it irks me when those I'm taking along aren't

In Pune, there are now car pool groups on Telegram and WhatsApp where all the action is. And those that joined the groups in the early stages set the rates. Very reasonable. 30 for 10km, 40 for 15 and 50 for 15+.

Even then, we have an issue where some people have said, "Don't be greedy and ask for 50, 30 is good". A bunch of us have even had issues where people just don't pay. They get off saying they'll transfer but then conveniently forget. I've reminded a few but then, didn't bother others.

Although I continue to offer a ride, I have become very picky about who I take along. I deny some people who have shown lack of either courtesy or respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Quick ride has a better UX
It is SO much better! It is concise and the map is extremely helpful to know how your route is, compare to others.

Quote:
SRide offers more fare for the same distance
SRide even sent out a text earlier this week that they've increased the fares 7% given the fuel prices.

Also, on QuickRide allows you to set the fare: both a) minimum fare, b) price per km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Tried that as well, but got no response. Maybe my timings are too odd. I leave E-City around 12 and back from Koramangala around 9.
What is the Route Match % you've set? Keep it the lowest possible; that should help.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st May 2018 at 20:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 12:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

QuickRide had an option to increase the base fare from Rs 3/km to a maximum of , from what I remember , Rs 6/km. The option used to be under Settings->Ride.

Have they removed the option or moved it somewhere else ? Can't seem to find it anywhere now in the app. They do refer to this option in their usage guide https://quickride.in/features.php .
Attached Thumbnails
The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)-quickride.jpg  

Old 6th June 2018, 03:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

Have they removed the option or moved it somewhere else ? Can't seem to find it anywhere now in the app. They do refer to this option in their usage guide https://quickride.in/features.php .

Its now moved under vehicle category.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ridesharing & Carpooling Thread (UberPool, Ola Share, BlaBlaCar etc.)-img_7069.png  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 13:40   #36
BHPian

My Version on Carpooling App "QuickRide":

I have recently moved to an new organization and due to non availablity of Cabs, i started using Quick-Ride App and my analysis is that i can take few cars from the road, and earn few bucks which i can use it for my personnel things. And more over the the App is user friendly but there are few problems like(No responses after we reach pickup points, frequent cancellations, takers keep on calling where we are even though they can see the Maps etc)

Recently i met with a Gentleman named "Prateek Mehta" during our conversation he informed me that he has written a Blog on Quick-ride & other Car pooling apps and shared me the same. I had gone through the Blog and was impressed with his analysis. I checked with him that if i can share it on Team BHP he was happy that it would reach more people.

Find the Blog from him.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pool-...-prateek-mehta

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 20th July 2018 at 13:43.
Old 30th August 2018, 16:19   #37
BHPian

As reported in THE HINDU-

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le24814304.ece

Looks like carpooling has taken off in a big way in many major cities .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 16:59   #38
BHPian

I have been using QuickRide as a carpooling app for last couple of months and wanted to share a few personal stats. I drive a Swift petrol in Bangalore and my home to office commute is approximately 10 km with typical mileage of 11 kmpl (tankful method).

Till the time I am typing this post, I have posted 77 rides and have ferried 201 riders.
Average occupancy of my vehicle = 2.6xx ( = 201 / 77 ) in all these trips.

I have accumulated Rs. 4843 in my wallet from the riders (this is excluding Service Charge and taxes that are deducted by QuickRide, overall riders have been charged Rs. 5211). I charge the lowest denomination possible which is Rs. 3 per km.

Average per rider cost share = Rs. 24.10 ( = Rs.4843 / 201 )
Average rider share per ride = 2.6 x Rs.24.10 = Rs. 62.90

Now, assuming average petrol price of Rs.80 per litre and 11kmpl, my typical running costs (excluding maintenance and other incidentals) per trip = Rs. 72.72 ( = Rs.80 pl * 10 km / 11 kmpl)

(Without carpool) Total monthly running costs for to&fro to office (assuming 21 working days) = Rs. (21 x 2 x 72.72) + Rs. 525 (parking charge at office) = Rs. 3580

(With carpool) Total monthly running costs for to and fro to office (assuming 21 working days) = Rs. 3580 – Rs. (21 x 2 x 62.90) = Rs. 938

Savings ~ 74%
jphukan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:41   #39
BHPian

I recently started using the QuickRide and sRide apps for Car pooling purposes and I must say these apps are really helpful in sharing fuel costs. This has enabled me to take my car more often to office than my bike (a distance of approx. 7 Km).

In the last 2 weeks I see the savings as approx. 25% since the occupancy would be only 1 or 2 passengers in the morning and only 1 in the evening, which is really good considering the ever increasing Petrol prices.

Comparing both apps, for sRide I just need to select Start the ride in the app and end the ride finally. However in QuickRide I need to individually select Picked up and Dropped off options for every passengers and sometimes it becomes tedious when you have pick-up/drop-off passengers in a heavy traffic zone.

We also have our own Car Pooling intranet portal in our company, however the transactions are mostly in Cash and no set rules for the amount to be charged, so I stopped using it to avoid unpleasantries and surprises at the end of the ride sometimes.
Old 6th September 2018, 11:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
However in QuickRide I need to individually select Picked up and Dropped off options for every passengers and sometimes it becomes tedious when you have pick-up/drop-off passengers in a heavy traffic zone.
You don't need to check-in the passengers manually. Ideally, the check-in needs to be done by the passengers, so you need not do anything after starting the trip. If the passengers forget to check-in, when you stop the ride, Quickride asks if you picked up the passengers or not. So you can check-in the passengers when you end the trip :-).
Newpunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 12:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
You don't need to check-in the passengers manually. Ideally, the check-in needs to be done by the passengers, so you need not do anything after starting the trip. If the passengers forget to check-in, when you stop the ride, Quickride asks if you picked up the passengers or not. So you can check-in the passengers when you end the trip :-).
Thanks for the tip, I did not know this as I am a new user of this app. Will keep in mind the next time I use the app.
Old 19th September 2018, 06:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Quickride for last 3 weeks, and have taken 5 rides till now. Its an awesome concept and have made travelling to office a little easier for me. Contemplating giving rides when i start driving to office with only one concern as to what kind of folks i would get.

What concerns me are things like safety and security. Have herd stories of women riders being harassed after the ride is over.

Few questions

1. Is this legal? Wouldn't the Govt or Police kill it by saying its like a cab business with no legal registration?
2. Quickride is sort of circumventing it by applying points system rather than money transfer, but points and money are convertible.

BTW, i love the app and the concept. Few GPS issues make it tougher but its been good so far.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 19th September 2018 at 06:02.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 08:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Few questions
1. Is this legal? Wouldn't the Govt or Police kill it by saying its like a cab business with no legal registration?
2. Quickride is sort of circumventing it by applying points system rather than money transfer, but points and money are convertible.
Carpooling is still a grey area in terms of legality. Please go through the following thread for answers to your queries.

* (Karnataka: Carpooling app? Your car could be seized)
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:53   #44
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
I have not tried transferring the money yet to bank a/c or paytm. It has been accumulating in the sRide wallet. So I am not sure how long does it take.
I offer rides on S-Ride. Have offered 254 rides so far, and have had a good experience so far. Regrading the S-Ride wallet redemption, usually, it gets transferred to my PayTM account within 2 days. My petrol bills have reduced significantly.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 18:35   #45
BHPian

Got the following mail from Quick Ride "sales@getquickride.com".

I am not sure how far we can relay this wrt Indian Motor Vehicles Act. But hope this will clarify some questions asked here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ,

Hope you have been having a fabulous carpooling experience. Your effort has continuously helped us reduce thousands of cars on city roads every day.

We have received queries from some of you about the legality of carpooling and how the regulations affect you as either a ride taker or ride giver.
Constraint: As per Indian Motor Vehicles Act, private vehicles cannot carry passengers for commercial gains.

The act does not restrict Carpooling among professionals. Carpooling among a set of colleagues/neighbors and sharing of fuel costs associated is usual practice. This doesn’t come under commercial activity definition (Please find the link to the legal opinion below). Carpooling, therefore, cannot be termed as “Hire” as it is on a pre-published pre-defined route with no deviation.
Quick Ride Fuel Point System: In view of the need, and keeping the constraints into consideration, Quick Ride has devised fuel point solution. When a member (user of the Quick Ride platform) offers carpool, she/he gets Quick Ride ‘fuel points’ that can be used to avail a ride from someone else who is also part of this network. These points are strictly restricted for use - either for availing shared rides from others or (as of now) for exchanging for fuel as if cost-shared by co-traveler. The upper limit of the points has been currently capped at 6 points per kilometer.

Therefore, Quick Ride’s unique fuel point system ensures the fuel points are used to rotate carpooling.

The fuel point system ensures the points are used to share the cost of the fuel among the riders.
Here is what our Additional Commissioner of Traffic Mr. R Hitendra says:

“The city is already very congested. If everyone drives to work, it will only get worse. Carpooling helps reduce the number of cars on the road; instead of four people driving four cars to the same place, they can travel in one car. There is nothing wrong with it unless the person giving a lift to a stranger is charging money for it,” he said.

"We don’t want to fine anyone who gives a lift to someone in need or shares a vehicle. I do not think this could be a commercial activity [here]. In fact, we want to support carpooling in Bengaluru."

Click here to know more...
Guidelines for carpooling on Quick Ride:

Share carpools with verified colleagues or already known carpool partners and neighbors only
Don’t pick strangers / Avoid picking directly from Bus stop / other public transport areas
Share fuel costs only through the Quick Ride fuel point system. Avoid Cash/Direct PayTM transactions
Redeem fuel points for Car maintenance activities.

Quick Ride mechanism is reviewed by various government authorities in Karnataka, Telangana, and Kerala, for promoting carpool.

We, therefore, want to allay any concerns and fear that you might have about the legality of your favorite commute solution Quick ride.

Despite this for your convenience, we are uploading the following documents on our website under the legal section of Help tab :

Quick ride’s ride point system explanation
A legal opinion for carpooling
Some snippets of our partnership with government agencies and opinion of public servants

You may refer to the following section at your convenience.

Despite this, if you are faced with issues from the government authorities, please reach out to Mr. Prasad Reddy on 9972306666 with the detail of the incident.

The carpooling solution has been decongesting the city roads and has been cutting down the carbon emissions, thereby making our cities more liveable. This is the only solution that has been adding seats for commuters without adding any new vehicles. With your support, we will continue making our cities greener for the future too.
Wish you a happy carpooling.

Thanks,
Team Quick Ride
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
kavu75 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks