Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 16:36   #31
BHPian

Re: RTO Driving Test with an Automatic Transmission?

IMHO, no such rule in Mumbai. I remember obtaining a two wheeler license on a Kinetic Honda and the DL still showed 'M/Cycle with gear'. People who tested on geared scooters/mobikes also got the same category of license.

Same is the case with cars as well as far as Mumbai is concerned.
Old 16th May 2016, 16:45   #32
BHPian

In Guwahati's Kamrup(Metro) DTO (it is District Transport Office here), you simply need to drive any four wheeler and if you pass (which no one does for reasons anyone can guess ) you get a LMV license. Have seen few ATs being driven in the tests when I accompanied my uncle for his test.

Last edited by TD_GHY : 16th May 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Added name of DTO office
Old 7th July 2018, 10:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have confusion with regards to the MCWG and MCWOG category. From what I understand and was told by the AASI agent, if the license is issued for MCWG, you can drive both a geared bike (obviously) and an automatic geared scooter (Wego). Hence me and my wife's license is for MCWG, and we drive the Wego.

Is this a grey area or for Activas and Wegos of the world, we need to have a MCWOG endorsement? Do you know of anyone who has bene caught or fined for this kind of category? (DL shows MCWG but driving automatic gear scooters)?

I know the other way is not allowed i.e. MCWOG endorsement and driving a geared bike.
Old 7th July 2018, 10:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Is this a grey area or for Activas and Wegos of the world, we need to have a MCWOG endorsement? Do you know of anyone who has bene caught or fined for this kind of category? (DL shows MCWG but driving automatic gear scooters)?
Nope, MCWG can ride any motorcycle - gearless or geared, no need for separate endorsement for gearless motorcycles.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 13:54   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have confusion with regards to the MCWG and MCWOG category. I know the other way is not allowed i.e. MCWOG endorsement and driving a geared bike.
The MCWOG is mainly for 16 year to <18 year old kids who can only ride gearless bikes with engines up to 50 cc. Once 18 and over you can apply for a normal MCWG license which covers all types of two wheelers; with and without gears.

Last edited by R2D2 : 7th July 2018 at 13:57.
Old 9th September 2018, 14:07   #36
BHPian

Is anyone having any updated info on whether the Driving test for permanent licence is currently being conducted in automatic cars in Delhi ?

I called up a couple of driving schools and as per them the test at RTO can be conducted in automatic cars.

I am teaching someone in my family and that person would primarily be driving an automatic car.

I would like the person to learn in automatic and appear for RTO test in Delhi in an automatic car itself.
Old 9th September 2018, 14:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Is anyone having any updated info on whether the Driving test for permanent licence is currently being conducted in automatic cars in Delhi ?

I called up a couple of driving schools and as per them the test at RTO can be conducted in automatic cars.

I am teaching someone in my family and that person would primarily be driving an automatic car.

I would like the person to learn in automatic and appear for RTO test in Delhi in an automatic car itself.
I got my licence more than four years ago from a Delhi RTO, and I did my RTO test in my Honda City AT. All I had to do was drive a couple of hundred meters before reversing for a bit and then do a perpendicular parking manuever. The last bit was easy, because my car has a reverse parking camera, although I didn’t have to use it for my test. My brother, a few months later, gave the test with the same car, and he had no issues either.

The invigilator didn’t even bother to ask what transmission my car operates with.
So yeah, to answer your query, I do not think the driving test invigilator will insist for a MT car.
gk1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 14:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

Don't know the exact RTOs but some friends have given it in south delhi (vasant kunj, saket) without any issues in an AT.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks