Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2016, 10:17   #46
BHPian

re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

I think we will need to paste such stickers on our cars from now on if things like this keep happening. (Received this via WhatsApp - Image seems to be a photoshop job). Mods - Please remove if inappropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment-img_5557.jpg  

fordfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 14:52   #47
BHPian

re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

This could have been avoided if he is not in possession of a licensed pistol.

I think we do not need any Licensed Weapons in India, Government should stop issuing armed licenses and give state governments time for one year within which all existing licensed weapons should be deposited with the government.
Old 14th May 2016, 16:35   #48
BHPian

Indian roads have it all. From Drive Under Influence to Drive with Pistol.
Just one thing I keep my mind every time I turn ignition. Road is not a place to prove/challenge ego. If some wants to pass me, so be it. Never mind the few minutes in sticking to speed limits and letting people pass.
Getting to destination is more important than saving minutes.
Getting to destination in shape is more important than proving someone right/wrong!

While the erring party must be punished..

I don't believe that the politico's son would drive slow. There is absolutely no reason to pass someone already rash. A minute of "letting go" by either could have saved a life and political torment for others.
Old 31st August 2017, 17:20   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Full Times of India Article

Quote:
A Bihar court on Thursday convicted Rocky Yadav, the son of suspended JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi, for being involved in the murder of a young student on 2016.

While delivering judgement in the Gaya road rage case today, additional district and sessions judge (ADJ) Sachchidanand Singh found Rocky and three others guilty of killing Class XII student Aditya Sachdeva for overtaking his vehicle in the town on May 7, 2016.

He will be sentenced next September 6.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 19:33   #50
BHPian

I think we should change the title of the thread. He is not a mad man. He is a goon who thought he could get away with this because of his money and political connections. This is further evidenced by the fact that 4 other boys in the car with the victim, who were witnesses, turned hostile. The victim was their close friend, still they turned hostile. That shows this goon's money/muscle power.
deerhunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 16:32   #51
BHPian

The sentence was announced today, Rocky Yadav has been sentenced to life along with his cousin Teni and his bodyguard who were accompanying him.
Along with this, his Father Bindi Yadav has been sentenced to 5yrs imprisonment for criminal conspiracy.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar...g-teen-1746792
Trojan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 16:36   #52
BHPian

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar...g-teen-1746792

Quote:
Rocky Yadav, the son of a Bihar politician, has been given the life sentence for shooting a high school student in a case of road rage last year.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:57   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Can the lawyers on TBHP opine on what is the length of 'life imprisonment'. In the bad old days it used to mean 14 years. I believe that is no longer the case. For our courts, prosecution and police to deliver a sentence in 16 months is encouraging.
Old 7th September 2017, 19:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Can the lawyers on TBHP opine on what is the length of 'life imprisonment'. In the bad old days it used to mean 14 years. I believe that is no longer the case. For our courts, prosecution and police to deliver a sentence in 16 months is encouraging.

Sir 14 years is the minimum period that is required to be served. The supreme court had interpreted life imprisonment to mean just that- for entire term of life. However, a government can grant parole but even then it cannot be for a period of less than 14 years.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 12:49   #55
BHPian

Re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

Finally justice has prevailed but nonetheless it never comes easy. One can only imagine the trauma the victim’s family must have gone through during the court trial period. In most of the road rage cases the perpetrators are always from influential rich families having strong political connections to flaunt. The common road user is most of the time at receiving end because of these hooligans. Although it is always advisable to avoid arguments with fellow road users lest the situation turns nasty but still sometimes things are totally beyond one’s control as is evident from this very case wherein the victim was shot without any provocation. The only way to stop such ghastly incidents is by strictly controlling the use of firearms.

In this case if the accused had not been carrying his weapon the scenario would have been altogether different. Nowadays possessing a licensed firearm is more of a matter of status rather than personal safety. The government should contemplate bringing about total ban on possessing firearms by the citizens and those having genuine concerns about their safety should be asked to go in for armed security from professional security agencies.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th September 2017 at 12:59. Reason: Spacing for better readability
ssambyal1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:35   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
True. We may argue that even 16 months might be a long time in such a open and shut case but nevertheless this is a landmark judgement more so since it involved a ruling party's MLA's family. I hope the judgement is not made a mockery off in higher courts. My prayers with the victim's family.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks