Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 18:47   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

Whoever shot him needs to be hanged

Full Times of India Article

Quote:
Infuriated by a class XII student's 'temerity' to overtake his high end 'Land Rover', Rocky, son of JD(U) MLC Manorma Devi, allegedly shot him (student) dead late on Saturday evening. The gory incident reminded Gayaites of the Jungle Raj days of 1990s when the MLC's husband Bindi Yadav, a jail bird and crime control detenu created a reign of terror that caused large scale migration of businessmen from the town and incidents of house grabbing in the posh AP Colony area of the town.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 19:28   #2
BHPian

This looks like a story from the 80s and 90s. Shocked!
The nerve of those children of these politicians. These people should be tried and swift severe punishment meted out. They should be made examples for others!
Old 8th May 2016, 19:43   #3
BHPian

re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

Atrocious ! These politicians forget they are our paid servants and take law into their own hands. Hope the concerned party he is associated with chucks him out and the shooter is punished for his action. R I P for the departed soul.
7heaven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 20:33   #4
BHPian

The father says, his son shot the other guy to defend himself. I hope someone shoots him too to defend humanity.

Humanity needs to be preserved.
Engine_Roars is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 20:45   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mad man shoots teenager for overtaking his Land Rover. UPDATE: Convicted, gets life imprisonment

Death penalty and nothing else for such a cold blooded murder. Outrageous and needs to be condemned in the strongest possible words.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 21:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

As far as the news that's trickling in, earlier the father - a goon himself said that his son was in Delhi and then in the same news snippet, he goes on to say that his son fired from his own licensed pistol as self defence. The bone of contention was earlier the Swift overtaking them and then due to single lane road, not giving pass to the Land Rover. If you look at snaps of vehicles involved, the Land Rover is still on temp plates from Delhi and there is a single gunshot through the rear windshield. So the theory of scuffle is ruled out. This bugger has run away, he should be caught at the earliest and done to

This post might lead to infarction but politicians can screw the life of a common man so easily in this part of country that at times I feel pity for everyone here. This place is going down to levels of 1990s.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 21:25   #7
BHPian

This might seem to be quite rude and oddly timed but I just wanted to correct that the car is the new Disco sport and not a range rover.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 22:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Now that road rage is here to stay,... Today it's a broken little finger, tomorrow it could be a bullet in the head.
Circa: 14 Dec., 2011
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...d-up-like.html
Post # 13

Truly prophetic

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 8th May 2016 at 22:40.
RSUDARSANAN is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 23:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I really fear that where our society is going to. I really cannot fathom that someone's ego was so badly bruised just because a normal citizen in a cheaper car overtook some political figure in his car worth a few million more!
If law doesn't takes control and punishes the real culprit really hard and bad, I'm afraid that aam janta will feel even more unsecured. Political class is not exactly serving class here, they think themselves to be the 'ruling class' and hence the arrogance.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 23:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ego of the false kind is a real killer and is proved today. The Land Rover bloke needs to be brought to justice. He should not be allowed to go scot-free.
Old 8th May 2016, 23:14   #11
BHPian

These are simply the manifestations of the infections of "How can a cheaper car overtake my car/bike?" and "Do you know who my dad is?" diseases in Indians due to the sudden transformation from "having nothing" to "getting enormous wealth without working and support of brainless idiots".

On another note, I'm ready to bet the deceased's friends will retire from their jobs before the courts give their judgment.
TD_GHY is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 23:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately these events occur and the guilty never go unpunished. I'm 100% sure he won't be punished, even if jailed, he'll be out on bail, or be hospitalised (by claiming chest pains).

Until the judiciary/govt takes a very very strong action against them, these incidents will continue to occur. Not only the shooter must be punished, but the MLC should be removed from office as well.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 00:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am just so appalled at the reaction of the father of the accused. He makes it sound like it's nothing.

I just hope that the culprit is brought to face the law and justice is served, swiftly.
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 01:30   #14
BANNED

This act of hooliganism is just not acceptable. You cannot kill a person just because he overtook your car. This is something unheard of. That politician, the father of the accused very coolly washing away his sons hand from this kind of act. The accused needs to be dealt firmly by the law.

Last edited by GTO : 9th May 2016 at 15:41. Reason: Typo
Old 9th May 2016, 05:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

This is the sense of entitlement these politicians think they have everytime you vote for them. I wonder why no critique on the people who vote for scum like these? How is he even doing politics given his past? As it is in India, it will be forgotten come the next elections.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks