Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 12:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola Lux: Luxury fleet with cars from Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and BMW

On-demand taxi aggregator Ola has introduced a new category of cars on its platform, called Ola Lux. This new category consists of high-end models from Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and BMW. Ola Lux allows customers to book these luxury rides from the Ola App, at tariffs of just Rs 19 / km. A minimum fare of Rs 200 for the first 5 kms, along with ride time charges of Rs 2 / minute are also applicable. Currently, Ola Lux is only available in South Mumbai, though it will likely be scaled to other potential markets in the near future.

In addition to the above brand cars, Ola Lux also consists of premium executive sedans like Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, and full size SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner. The Ola Lux icon will automatically appear on the Ola App whenever a customer would be in the designated area where the new luxury car hailing service is available.

The new category in Ola App will continue to feature advanced features like SOS button, display of driver details upfront, live ride tracking and cashless rides through Ola Money. Additionally, Ola Lux cars will come equipped with AutoConnect Wifi, which eliminates the need to enter wifi credentials every single time the user takes a ride. The AutoConnect system, which has been developed by the company’s ‘Innovation Labs’, gives the users a one-time authentication on their phones, thus eliminating the need to key-in credentials on every ride. This service was also available with Ola Prime.

Ola’s chief competitor, Uber, too had earlier started a similar product in Delhi, named ‘Uber Supercars’ that allowed users to book Audi and Hummer through the Uber app.

Ola Lux: Luxury fleet with cars from Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and BMW-olaluxblogheader.jpg

Ola Lux: Luxury fleet with cars from Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and BMW-luxpricestrip.jpg

Last edited by dZired : 30th May 2016 at 12:59.
dZired is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ola Lux: Luxury fleet with cars from Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi and BMW

Almost as affordable as hiring an Autorickshaw in Bangalore during odd hours! If it comes to Bangalore, OLA LUX is what I'll be going for this since my usage is occasional.

The biggest issue is - there might not be enough OLA LUX cars in your neighborhood all the time.

Last edited by SmartCat : 30th May 2016 at 16:23.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 18:29   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Clearly a brand-building exercise more than anything else. Ola wants a bit of the 'premium' image enjoyed by Uber (Uber is arguably more upmarket than Ola).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
at tariffs of just Rs 19 / km. A minimum fare of Rs 200 for the first 5 kms, along with ride time charges of Rs 2 / minute are also applicable.
Reasonable charges if you end up in an E-Class. A typical trip from Marine Drive to Prabhadevi should cost you 330 bucks.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 18:37   #4
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2016 at 12:10.
adithya.kp is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2016, 15:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Clearly a brand-building exercise more than anything else. Ola wants a bit of the 'premium' image enjoyed by Uber (Uber is arguably more upmarket than Ola).

Reasonable charges if you end up in an E-Class. A typical trip from Marine Drive to Prabhadevi should cost you 330 bucks.
They're trying to pull off what Uber did when they started operations in Mumbai. I remember the good old days when I could hire a 7 series to go from Worli naka to Malad via the sealink for a total of ~ INR 800

Or a 5 series from Fort to Malad via the sealink for about 950.

I somehow always end up getting cleaner cars with Uber. Maybe its just me but that's what I have almost always seen.
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks