Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 11:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)

Happened with me also. The wipers were up and the dude had no idea how to put them down! He was actually trying to switch them on and off! I threw him out of the car before he could even cross 50 meters.

I honestly believe it's better to go with car hire than driver hire.
Old 8th February 2017, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is the problem with most of the new age startup in the services sector.
Everything is fine and service level are excellent when they are small. As soon as they scale up, service level takes a nose dive and create such unpleasant experiences. This is primarily due to pressure to scale quickly.
We have seen multiple examples of this.
Zoomcar, Ola, Uber, DriveU etc.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 23:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A horrendous experience with DriveU resulted in
Just being curious how DriveU will be involved in this case when you want to make a claim from the insurance. Will you need the driver's license?

Please if you can enlighten.
Old 9th February 2017, 07:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A horrendous experience with DriveU resulted in...
Sorry to know about the mishap. Even though the Sunny was the beater car in your garage, a sight like this always pains. I am glad the damage is just superficial, and all critical components escaped unhurt. Who pays for the damage in this case??
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 10:14   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Who pays for the damage in this case??
Quote:
insurance. Will have to ask my brother as he's handling the matter with DriveU
Quote from his ownership thread
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:10   #21
Team-BHP Support

DriveU quality has dropped to an all time low. Very few drivers are actually good. I got 1 decent driver this week. The other 2, the less said the better.

1 driver was barely old enough to drive. Mom and dad had an early morning visit to the doctor. He almost clobbered the car against the pillar when exiting the basement. My dad made him stop and leave. I ended up taking them.

Today's driver was equally young and had no proper driving experience. Had to be guided on driving. DIdn't know how to adjust seats, didn't know the roads, could barely drive without stalling or jerking in every gear. He didn't know you should slow down for speed breakers. Finally struggled and got back home where my dad told him to leave and called me down to the basement to park as he was struggling to.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 02:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Tried DriveU tonite. Called them around 11 pm for a pickup in Worli. They confirmed the order on the call and mentioned that the driver would reach in an hour. Got an SMS immediately after the call confirming my order and giving the same status. Apparently the driver name and number would be shared with me 45 mins prior to the appointment. Waited and waited but no message with the driver details. Called them again. They promised to look into it and call me within 5 minutes. No call came ever. So frustrated with this, called drivers on hire. They sent someone, slightly late but atleast he came and was a very experienced driver. Took a lil extra and didn't offer the change but I'm glad that they atleast showed up. DriveU is pathetic. Won't recommend or use their service ever again.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 09:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here's a negative vote for DriveU as well - their driver got my car tail ended at 330pm at 30kph on MG Road, Gurgaon.

Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-dtpunsru0aaxmg4.jpg

But first, I think its a service without a future:
1. In a world with Uberhire, it is pointless. The use case simply does not exist.
2. The drivers have NO skin in the game. For car crazy people like us, you can't simply hand over your precious car to a fly by night driver. We bear the risk for their bad driving - there's no cost they incur. In an uber cab - they bear the risk for their stupidity so they are still more cautious.
3. Their service attitude is non-existent. When someone reports an accident, should they call their driver to find out what happened, or to the passenger to ask if they are safe? I never got a single call.
4. Their analytics is broken. When leaving, he should take the Instead of taking the photo of the car from the left or the rear left (damaged portion), he took it from the extreme front left to minimize the view of the damage. the app shouldn't even accept these tardy photos ideally.
5. When I asked him to update the photo, he tried to be smart and took a photo in his camera app and pretended to claim that it was updated in the DriveU app. Of course his lie was caught immediately. I reported it, but this time not even an in-app message except the cursory "we will investigate".
6. Your driver smashed someone's car - shouldn't you refund a part of the money? Nope. Zero contrition. I was simply repeatedly asked to file a claim with acko courtesy the Rs 10 topup insurance I had purchased while starting the ride. Even Dominos gives the pizza free if they get late.

Of course, in my case, the driver himself was a moron. Not outright dangerous but nowhere good enough:
  1. Drove at regular speeds but the usual villager style - too close to the car in front, and unaware of the cabbie tailgating him. Boom.
  2. Even while leaving, he was not willing to use Google maps unlike a previous DriveU guy I had used. I had to give him my backup phone to use. Then, he did not observe Google directions and missed a turn that wasted ten minutes.
  3. He was simply a klutz - often you need to take turns in close quarters, or sometimes let others pass, but he would neither listen to me, nor apply his mind. Simply wasted five minutes in the parking while getting out because he got confused.
Net net, I will only use them in an emergency situation. Never otherwise. Uber it is.

Last edited by phamilyman : 1st December 2018 at 09:09.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 02:30   #24
BHPian

It's an old thread but I'm looking for a reliable driver agency in the city of Mumbai and I've come across this thread.

I remember using DriveU in the initial days of its launch. The driver managed to get my car's left side Outer Rear View Mirror ripped out against a pillar in the basement of my office. Threw him out of the car and swore off the services. Heard on and off from friends that it isn't much better now either.
Old 17th January 2019, 06:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviationshark View Post
It's an old thread but I'm looking for a reliable driver agency in the city of Mumbai and I've come across this thread.

I remember using DriveU in the initial days of its launch. The driver managed to get my car's left side Outer Rear View Mirror ripped out against a pillar in the basement of my office. Threw him out of the car and swore off the services. Heard on and off from friends that it isn't much better now either.

Please avoid DriveU.
If you dont get a driver, take a cab. It is better than giving our cars to such monkeys who call themselves drivers.

My neighbor had a very bad experience with driveu driver. Reversed into the wall at high speed within the basement parking with damages to the tune of more than 30k.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 12:18   #26
BHPian

Came across this news involving Drive U driver.

Drive U driver physically abused the customer

The victim had apparently verbally abused to the driver & then the situation escalated.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 15th February 2019 at 12:21.
Old 15th February 2019, 15:40   #27
BHPian

Frankly, I wouldn't want to give my car to an unknown person to drive. I am sure a majority of us here would give their car only to someone they know, for sure, drives well and safely.

I would anyday prefer to hire a cab since I don't see a reason for 3rd party drivers not to abuse another person's car.
Old 15th February 2019, 15:50   #28
BHPian

I have used their service recently for a week. My wife had a scooter accident where she got injured on the thighs. Riding was difficult for her and she could not take many leaves from work. So we used this service and fortunately I didn't have any bad experience. The drivers were pretty good with no rash driving. Now, I have never given my car to anyone to drive. Even in hotels I do the parking myself. So it was a bit unnerving to hand over the keys to a random person but I was in a difficult situation and had to keep my wife's travel comfort in mind. Other than such emergency situations I don't think I will use their services.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 16:10   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

My mother was using the services of DriveU last month for a week for her office drop and pickup. Even we have never handed the keys to any drivers till now but since she had a surgery it was inevitable. There werent much repetitions of drivers and each of them was pretty decent. Only once, one guy was driving slow and dragging time so that he could charge more. Apart from that, the overall experience was smooth. The app is also pretty functional and billing is done through the app only, based on trip start and end time which makes the costs very transparent.

Compared to this, she used EZI Drive for a week and the experience with booking and managing the trips was nothing short of pathetic, though the drivers they sent were decent. Seeing this, even my Aunt had taken their services twice and even she wasnt left disappointed.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:42   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I just spotted the DriveU Driver app. It's DriveU's dedicated app for drivers. What's surprising is - you or I can sign up with them to drive for them and we can earn money by the side. We can check-in and checkout as per our availability.

How is this legal? Thanks to Mr.Gadkari, anyone with a private license can drive commercial goods carriers and passenger vehicles which weigh lesser than 7 tonnes.

You can earn money on the side with them. Just saying!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks