Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2019, 11:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)

Hi Everyone.

I was in the process of hiring a driver to drive me n my family from Hyderabad to Chennai by hiring a driver from drive u. When I checked their services on the app, apparently they do not have services which are offered in Hyderabad. However was just contemplating their standard of service when thought of checking it out on my most reliable source, which is our website.

I was not expecting information on the same but surprisingly i found the detailed information on the thread. Thanks to team bhp once again, Its becoming like an automobile enthusiast's bible. Anything you need its there. A truly one stop shop for all information.

A special note of thanks to all the moderators and the people at team bhp to ensure that we have information on such a wide range of topics.

After reading all the horrendous experiences of others, I would rater want to avoid them.

I would request more information on the website http://drivify.in/ as when I tried looking em up online it says the site cannot be reached.

Not sure if it would be alright to discuss them in this thread. Would request help from experts.

I would also need help about the various sources wherein I can avail driving services in hyderabad.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 5th June 2022, 20:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

So a bunch of us were attending a function at a 5-star hotel with drinks & food included yesterday. Unfortunately, heavy rains and intense Saturday night traffic caused a serious gap of available cabs or autos across the city (all 3 of us were located in different parts of the city) - resulting in all of us having had to drive our own cars to the venue.

We decided to schedule/book DriveU drivers in advance for the return trip. None of the bookings were honored leaving us stranded at 1 in the night. I left my car in the hotel and took an uber home. The next day morning, I went back and picked up the car. No problems faced but I don't think I'm going to rely on DriveU again in the future.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 22:41   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
We decided to schedule/book DriveU drivers in advance for the return trip. None of the bookings were honored leaving us stranded at 1 in the night. I left my car in the hotel and took an uber home. The next day morning, I went back and picked up the car. No problems faced but I don't think I'm going to rely on DriveU again in the future.
Were the drivers assigned and didnt turn up or werent they assigned at all? Our full time driver is also a part time DriveU guy and he has a bunch of people who also do DriveU and private duties. As per him its peak season for drivers due to many reasons like summer holidays, dropping off children back to residential school, marriage bloom and what not So no wonder you didnt find people to drive.
Old 6th June 2022, 07:51   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Were the drivers assigned and didnt turn up or werent they assigned at all?
None of our scheduled bookings were assigned drivers till the last minute, even though the clock starts ticking at the 30 mins mark. Honestly we did expect this but thought at least some of us would be assigned a driver.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 23:12   #35
BHPian

I tried DriveU for the first time yesterday night. Normally we take a cab whenever we go out for a party but this time booked a DriveU for return because I had no other choice. My experience was quite mixed.

At first I had booked for 10pm and the driver got assigned at around 8.30pm itself. But due to a change in plans I had to cancel that as they weren’t allowing a reschedule. So I cancelled and booked another one at 12 midnight.

Strangely, a driver never got assigned for this trip and they cancelled it from their end without any intimation. I found this to be disappointing.

Later when I booked for on-demand instead of schedule I got a driver at the gate within 10mins. This was great but if they could match me a driver on-demand why didn’t they just assign them for my scheduled trip?

Anyway, the driver took the car and I instructed him to not accelerate fast or brake hard because my dog was travelling in the backseat. Although he was restrained, he will slip and lose grip in such situations. The driver didn’t pay much heed to that and was pushing the car a bit and only after I pointed it out again, he took things a little slower. Again, not appreciated. He was also not upshifting when required and I found this a bit annoying, on top of that he was riding the clutch too which I had to point out for him to stop.

Overall, a very average drive. He wasn’t rash in anyway so that’s a plus. But I wouldn’t trust them with my car unless absolutely needed like yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks