Team-BHP - Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/177431-drivers-hour-driveu-mumbai-other-cities.html)

Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-0.jpg

Services Offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Very reasonable.

Speciality / USP: Only provider of its kind that seems to have an organised, systematic approach. There are many others, but they are usually run by one disorganised boss. DriveU appears to be professionally managed.

What I have bought from them: Me & my family members have used DriveU about 10 times already.

Contact Information

- Website
- Android App
- iOS App

Uses your phone's GPS to lock in on the pickup location:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-1.png

Estimate calculator:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-2.png

Track your driver's progress in real-time. This dude arrived on a motorcycle!
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-3.png

Rate drivers at the end of each trip. Hopefully, they treat ratings as seriously as Uber:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-4.png

History. I have had many more trips from the phones of friends / family:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-5.png

Receipt emailed to you post-trip:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-6.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory!

Great concept. Hope its here to stay.

Any idea about what happens in case of an accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 4002071)
Great concept. Hope its here to stay.

Any idea about what happens in case of an accident?

This is what it says. The owner of the vehicle is responsible for everything.

Quote:

You will be solely responsible for any and all liability which results from or is alleged as a result of the condition of your vehicle, legal compliance, etc., including, but not limited to, personal injuries, death and property damages.

You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) for the operation of your vehicle to cover any anticipated losses related to your participation in the Services or the operation of your vehicle by the Driver. In the event of a motor vehicle accident you will be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicles requirements and for all necessary contacts with your insurance provider. Other than any personal criminal liability attaching to the Driver you will be solely responsible for all consequences arising out of the use of the Service or the Driver. In any event DriveU shall have no responsibility or liability on this account whatsoever.

More than that, this is rather scary - they claim they own all your personal data and they are free to use or sell it as they please!

Quote:

You specifically authorize us to use, store or otherwise process your 'Sensitive personal data or information’ (as such term is defined in Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011) in order to provide the Services to you. Subject to applicable law all information provided to us by you shall be deemed to be our information to use as we desire.

Thanks for sharing GTO

Passed on the same to my extended family in Delhi

One thought which comes to my mind though. Is it ok to leave the car with the driver when doing multiple errands in a day? or should one lock the car and ask the driver to wait ( I do understand all come with valid police background verification)

Just thinking more on the practical side

^^^Its probably safe to say that the risk is the same as handing the keys over to a valet; you have a contract in this case with DriveU and if the driver makes off wit the vehicle then the insurance is there to take care of things then on. Also, most cities in India have dreadful parking and one of the main objectives in availing this is to ensure one does not have to go through the harrowing experience of finding parking.

and obviously this market would also boom.

You guys can check out http://drivify.in/ too.

I guess you can make this a thread for these type of services.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 4002511)
and obviously this market would also boom.

You guys can check out http://drivify.in/ too.

I guess you can make this a thread for these type of services.

Also check out www.driversuvidha.com. They have started services in Mumbai and Bhopal. Used services of their drivers in Bhopal. Impressed.

I have used or tried to use DriveU in the past and the experience has been forgettable. Allow me to elaborate.

This happened a month ago or so. I was flying to Bengaluru with my colleague. He has a car at home and his driver comes around to pick us up from the airport usually. But that day, his driver was down with flu. So I decided to use the services of DriveU. Opened the app, which crashed two times before starting finally. Anyway, created a new account and the app asked for an OTP. Waited 2 mins. 5. 10. Repeated the OTP request multiple times, no response. Finally, after trying 2 other numbers, was able to create an account on my friend’s father’s number. Booked a driver for 9 PM since we would land by 10 PM. Confirmed on the app. Fast forward 2 hours. Reached Bangalore at 10 PM. Called up my friend’s dad and asked him if the driver had reached home. His dad said that the driver wasn’t taking his call initially. After 30 mins, he called back and said that the booking has been cancelled due to some technical issue. His dad was fuming and said that he would raise a complaint with the company. On hearing this, the driver disconnected the call. :Frustrati

As I said, totally forgettable experience. I would not risk using DriveU's services again. Although that night, a nice lady who was driving down to MG Road agreed to drop us home.

Used DriveU again on Saturday. Mum said the driver drove well and was courteous. :thumbs up to the service. Used from noon to 9 p.m. for 900 bucks. I'd say the driver charges are reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4001748)
Chauffeur wears a DriveU shirt and arrives with a seat cover

Here's a picture of the seat cover:
Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-20160827-17.19.03.jpg

DriveU launched in Pune this week. Installed the app on my better half' mobile. Will try using coming Thursday when she have to venture out with my little devil.
What all I have to be careful about? I will keep the vehicle documents with me for sure, anything else that I have to be concerned about. Their FAQ section says, all their drivers are police verified.
Will share my experience soon.

Bangalore has a new initiative for hiring on call drivers. I heard about DriveU from an article in the newspaper and decided to give them a try for my dad. We haven't been able to get a reliable full time guy and previously tried Ezi-drive. After drivers not showing up or drivers not being well trained we stopped relying on them. So far DriveU looks very promising.

Services offered:
Well trained drivers available by the hour. Easy mobile app makes it easy to call a driver.

How it works:
  1. You have to download the Android or iOS app and register using your mobile number.
  2. The app automatically detects your current location or you can change the location.
  3. Make an advance booking at the date and time you need. You can try immediate booking but it depends on driver availability. I was able to get a driver arrive at my house within an hour once.
  4. After you make the booking, you will get a call from DriveU customer care. They will confirm the booking, ask for the car details (make, model, MT or AT) and whether you need a driver for one way drop or a round trip.
  5. The app then gets updated with the driver details including contact details. You can also track the driver enroute to your house.
  6. Once the driver arrives at your house he starts the meter on his smartphone.
  7. The drivers are dressed in the DriveU uniform and carry a slip on seat cover for the driver's seat as well as a foot mat.
  8. After the trip, the driver ends the trip and you pay as per the amount on the app.

What I like:

What I didn't like:
Pricing:
Alternatives:
1. Ezi-Drive
2. Total Drive

Contact Information
- You have to download the iOS or Android app to use this service.
- http://www.driveu.in/
- https://www.facebook.com/DriveUdriver

What happens in case of vehicle theft/theft of goods in vehicle due to driver negligence ?
This is a good service, which can be used with older cars/second car but I would be scared to give my regular car to them.

A horrendous experience with DriveU resulted in...

Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-img20170203wa0004.jpg

Drivers by the hour - DriveU.in (Mumbai & other cities)-img20170203wa0005.jpg

Have some guests from abroad over who wanted to go shopping. Brother called for a driver from DriveU. The dude crashed the Sunny while taking it out of the building :Frustrati:Frustrati.

Mainly (& luckily), it's the bumper that's damaged. Car is at the shop being fixed.

Shortly after this accident, UberHire was launched - link. Just what the doctor ordered, I say! Now, whenever a chauffeur-driven ride is desired, instead of DriveU + my car, it'll be UberHire.

Accidents can & do happen. But when it's in the compound itself, that tells me DriveU's staff quality has nosedived.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4141867)
The dude crashed the Sunny while taking it out of the building :Frustrati:Frustrati.

Accidents can & do happen. But when it's in the compound itself, that tells me DriveU's staff quality has nosedived.

:Shockked:
That's pretty bad. How do they (DriveU) entertain such drivers (???) without proper skill / experience? Having a valid driving license is the only qualification?

PS: Since it is very much clear that the fault is with the driver himself, how does this damage gets compensated?