Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 17:49   #61
BHPian

Re: Hilarious parody: Bangalore ORR

I've read about the dreaded traffic snarls in Bengaluru but this puts it all in a hilarious perspective. Such idiotic planning is definitely a cause for blood pressures and psychological trauma resulting in road rages and what have you. Hope someone with some common sense reads this and puts the taxpayers money to better use.

I can't for a single moment understand why the authorities concerned can't see the fact that 'potholes cause traffic jams'. Especially at junctions.
laferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 19:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
I've read about the dreaded traffic snarls in Bengaluru but this puts it all in a hilarious perspective. Such idiotic planning is definitely a cause for blood pressures and psychological trauma resulting in road rages and what have you. Hope someone with some common sense reads this and puts the taxpayers money to better use.

I can't for a single moment understand why the authorities concerned can't see the fact that 'potholes cause traffic jams'. Especially at junctions.
I second that sir, lately i have been observing what causes traffic snarls (in Mumbai). A high percentage is caused due to cars going slowly on potholed roads, also bad driving is a major cause.I have also noticed that due to bad roads, an otherwise patient person also tends to become flustered and this leads to associated problems like lack of attention while driving, high BP and road rage to name a few. The road outside my colony is very bad, and the authorities are pretending to be asleep about the issue. Hence we the residents of the society, have banded together and will be reparing the potholes in front of our gates ourselves. A comment which one of my friends made yesterday is always going to stay with me, and i quote - "The person responsible for the upkeep of a particular road, should be made to use that very road for his daily commute, only then will he realize the pain a common man has to undergo" . I think this is apt.
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 02:57   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
I think the new upcoming location is now Devanhalli. Recently went there, and was impressed by the width of the roads through-out. Hope the planning continues the same way there, once the construction is completed and offices begin. Till then, traffic is a way of life
Bellary Road is the next target for the Bangalore realty / developer mafia with every one of them buying up or reselling premium land parcels from/to each other. Already the original purchasers like Astra Zeneca (near Yelahanka AFS) and MRO-Tek (next to Columbia Asia Hebbal) are selling out at astronomical rates or being pressurized to do so:

Embassy to buy AstraZeneca land in Hebbal for Rs 290 crore
http://realty.economictimes.indiatim...crore/52893943

Why realty tycoon Jitu Virwani is buying MRO-TEK shares everyday
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...y_6884481.html

Hindujas have already set up Ecopolis near Yelahanka
http://www.business-standard.com/art...1701191_1.html

Apple leases 50K sqft office space in Bengaluru for app design centre
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/52354864.cms

Unless these huge business parks or mixed-use complexes are planned with 5-10 year traffic projections in mind and are curbed from simply dumping huge numbers of vehicles onto arterial roads, nothing will change!

Hebbal to Airport still has a chance to do this properly without catering to the usual vested interests like Embassy Group and similar!

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th July 2016 at 03:03. Reason: URL
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:48   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post

And like you, I too have had this thought of re-locating abroad but some factors keep me from taking this giant leap. But the thought is still very much there, ever so persistent.
This post has the potential to become another monster site. Soon we should have CVs floating in of all people stuck in the jaws of the pain from a different kind of a monster, which separates us from our near & dear ones like no other, showing no mercy for the bleeding/ dying ones (ambulances), tearing cars and legs apart (read: inexistent footpaths and pothole filled roads) and suffocating us with its towering inferno (pollution). The best part - you cant go anywhere to relieve yourself during the 3rd degree torture we are in! The clutches has a sign - entry only, no exit/ no, you cant quit either!

I keep wondering if hell should have better facilities and if I had been a horrible person in all my past births for almighty to curse me with a life which should make me jealous of even a waiter of a hotel in Seychelles!

Let me start, bring in the change: Hi, I am Harish, looking for salvation abroad! Contact me for CV...
Old 26th July 2016, 14:53   #65
BHPian

Something really strange (Good Strange) has been happening near Bellandur Eco Space for the past 2-3 weeks. I got this story verified by 2-3 sources. There has been a very orderly and disciplined traffic, almost no big traffic jams and certainly no breakdowns in and around Eco Space. A typical trip from Adarsh Tech Park to Marathahalli usually takes about 45 minutes to just pass through Eco Space and take a U-turn. Now the same seems to be happening in 15-20 minutes. Something definitely has happened. Can someone throw some light here as to how this happened?
Old 26th July 2016, 14:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Something really strange (Good Strange) has been happening near Bellandur Eco Space for the past 2-3 weeks. I got this story verified by 2-3 sources. There has been a very orderly and disciplined traffic, almost no big traffic jams and certainly no breakdowns in and around Eco Space. A typical trip from Adarsh Tech Park to Marathahalli usually takes about 45 minutes to just pass through Eco Space and take a U-turn. Now the same seems to be happening in 15-20 minutes. Something definitely has happened. Can someone throw some light here as to how this happened?
Let me hazard a guess, given that my office is in ecospace. Those massive craters present on the service road- right from Intel till Marriott have been filled up. Therefore we can take a U turn much faster than we usually used to. Also, the BDA drainage work is over, and perhaps this has increased the road space available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks