Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:23   #31
BHPian

Re: How to handle rowdies on the road and teach them a lesson!

A befitting reply to those morons.

I was once trashed by some goons attending a marriage, I happened to pass by on my two wheeler, and there was huge jam on the road due to the crowd entering the marriage hall, one guy belonging to the marriage crowd was roughing up a poor cyclist passing by,he was drunk I was shocked on seeing how rude he was, as I was near him, he hit me on my back, asking me to move away. I just stopped and turned back, two more rogues joined and began hitting and kicking, and trying to pull me off the bike. I had to speed away, since I was the only one trying to resist them. Lucky to have reached home in one piece.
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:25   #32
BHPian

Well done nitinbose. Good to see that you did not get carried away by the incident and did the right thing by reporting the matter to police and insurance company. Taking the pictures of those crooks was a very smart move. You should also inform the police (if you have not already done it) that those crooks moved the barricade to pass through. By doing so they may have violated traffic rules. Let them be charged for that too. Really inspired by the way you handled the whole thing.This should be the standard modus operandi for all of us when confronted with goons on the road: Never lose your patience. Lock the doors and remain inside the car. Record every thing with dash-cam or cell phone. Report the matter to police. Seek legal advice.
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:43   #33
BHPian

This post has been posted on FB by the Bangalore Police
Attached Thumbnails
How to handle rowdies on the road and teach them a lesson!-bhp.jpg  

funkmeister is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:56   #34
BHPian

Good job, really appreciate your perseverance and courage. I once had a similar experience with a cabbie. He rear ended my car and tried to wiggle out of the situation. We didn't end up going to the police station as I was worried that'll be a waste of my time. Instead, I persevered with this guy and through carrot and stick method, got 3k for repairs from him. What surprised me was some of my colleagues told me that I shouldn't have been so hard on the cabbie and that scratches and dents from traffic is normal. I was appalled how the public has accepted bad driving as the normal. Hope more citizens stand up to bad driving and road rage.
carpacman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:11   #35
BHPian

Kudos, I am so happy someone went all out against these rowdies. Bangalore roads are full of people like these and only such action can put these goons in line. Not only bikers but cabbies and other rude menaces on the road, who err first and then threaten to, or actually damage our vehicles need to be taught a proper lesson by taking the law enforcement's help.
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:27   #36
BHPian

Awesome Job! A big salute to your courage and tenacity. The whole of Bangalore is filled with such idiots and its a real pleasure to hear about incidents where they actually pay. Kudos and hats off to you man!!
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

An awsome job by the Bangalore Police. It would help if people had confidence in this sort of outcome. But then the police workload would hugely increase!

Very nice to see them recognising Team-BHP on their Facebook page,
Old 3rd August 2016, 01:06   #38
BHPian

Awesome perseverance shown by you Nitin. Icing on the cake was making them pay and an FIR against them. Kudos to your patience and for not loosing the cool.
Old 3rd August 2016, 01:27   #39
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Nitin. You did a commendable job in getting the goons to go down on their knees.

Many times these goons have political connections and things get a bit tricky.

I had faced a situation a few months back when I was driving the Fiesta. It was around 11 pm and in one of the lonely stretches of road, a guy in his Honda Unicorn kicked my rear bumper with his leg. Since the place was barricaded, the speeds were slow and the biker came next to the door and started hurling abuses. I pulled the glass down and asked him why the hell did he kick my car. At this he asked me to stop on the side and as soon as I got to the side, I got down in a hurry and slammed the car door angrily and aggressively started walking towards him. (I love my cars soooo much that my adrenaline pumps up in a jiffy).

The biker got nervous and fled the scene. I chased him down and I could see he was very scared. He then turned into a narrow street and disappeared.

I still remember his bike ( there was a big "Amma" photo on the visor) and the guys face. I was waiting for the day when I would get to meet him again, but since I sold the Fiesta, I have let it go past me.

IIMHO, we should put up a strong face and never get bogged down by their physical appearance or their tough looks. If they get a feel that we are weak, they will start arm twisting us and massage their empty egos and pockets.
Old 3rd August 2016, 07:59   #40
BHPian

Good one Nitin. That's the way to go !

I also witnessed similar incident within the city limits, although not being a part of it directly.
Was coming home in my car at around 8 PM and this guy who is on a Thunderbird with loud aftermarket exhaust is riding with one hand while talking on phone. I was in the rightmost lane and this guy is swerving from left to right negating any chances of overtaking him. I mildly honked couple of times but he looked to be super engaged talking on phone. Nevertheless, I reduced my speed as I was approaching the signal less junction where I had to turn right.

Meanwhile, a swift with the driver, a guy in the front and two ladies in the back, overtakes me. I heard the driver honked quite loudly at this biker. Right at the junction, the biker stopped his bike in the middle of the road in front of the swift.

While this was happening I was already in the middle of my right turn. I completed my turn and pulled over to the side. I was amazed to see the sheer *audacity* of the biker.

The biker gets off from his bike, puts his phone inside his pocket (yes he was still on the phone) and moves towards the car and opens the front driver door. As I was little far I could not hear the talks but it looked to be a lot of abuses from the biker and the driver of the swift seemed to be scared.

I saw 2 constables on that junction, who I suppose, were not able to see what was happening as there was a water fountain and a statue at the circle which might be blocking their view. Immediately informed them about the scenario and accompanied them to the other side of the road where this guy was literally shouting his guts out and demanding an explanation from the driver that why did you honk ? Couldn't you see me talking on the phone ? (horn kaise bajaya tune, dikhta nahi main phone par baat kar raha tha). Notice the Dadagiri. He was even trying to scare the other occupants in the car including the ladies.

As the constables approached him, he seemed to back off. The constables gave him a taste of his own medicine and asked the occupants about their well being. The frustrated biker sat on the bike and rode away.

I still felt that there should have been stricter action against him as he stopped the bike in middle of the road and abused but the constables seemed to be satisfied with the fact that he did not hurt anyone. For a brief moment I thought of going to the police station but the occupants in the Swift too seemed to be relieved and had left the scene.
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I only hope that these thugs note his car's number down and retaliate in future
I think you mean the opposite of what you said here

I concur with aravind.anand. If that is your regular route then you better get a dashcam soon. You never know.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd August 2016 at 11:34. Reason: Corrected in original post, thanks!
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I think you mean the opposite of what you said here

I concur with aravind.anand. If that is your regular route then you better get a dashcam soon. You never know.
Oh yes, I have no vengeance against our fellow BHPian Thanks for pointing it out Samaspire

I hope they don't do anything to retaliate now.
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:32   #43
BHPian

Well first and foremost as a fellow victim of intimidating bikers , I must say you handled the situation very well and glad that they did no further harm than the mirror.

I am also surprised that the cops were cooperative and did not try to grab their share in the settlement.

You did it to teach those goons a lesson in the larger interest which is a very rare thing. Personally I too wish I had done that when I was the victim, but somehow at that time I felt afraid that cops might side up with the local thug and let him go easily. Maybe your incident does serve as an example for all the members here on how to be firm and teach these people a lesson who try to take undue advantage. You are probably part of a small percentage of people who stand upto these guys with evil intentions. Good stuff...!!!!
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
As a supporting evidence, it is allowed is what i understand. But i think things are going to change for good soon, since more and more electronic evidence have started to be accepted by courts. Maybe our Lawyer or Legal friends can comment more on this.
Checked with my father in law who is a very senior advocate and got the information that Dash cams are similar to cctvs only difference being one is fixed on a wall/ceiling and the other in a moving vehicle. Hence it is now accepted as evidence in the court of law just like CCTV footages.
vipinendran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:42   #45
BHPian

Well handled, and appreciate your effort on the same.

It is solely our duty and responsibility to be a responsible citizen. Unless we help the cops to handle such scenarios, the cases will only increase. Being a Non-KA vehicle owner we have always been put to similar situations while in Bangalore.

I am sure that, this will be a great motivation for rest of us to handle these situations with more responsibility.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks