Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 08:04   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Did Bengaluru to Goa trip on 23rd December. What a mad rush in first couple of toll booths, after that things looked better. Dedicated FASTag lane was closed at Hebbalu and Chalageri toll and it seems all lanes are hybrid in these two tolls. Bankapur guys managed to get a hand scanner. In short, all toll payments were done with FASTag in this trip.

Last edited by airbus : 25th December 2017 at 08:06.
Old 26th December 2017, 08:12   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I was able to update the Aadhar online with Equitas.

However while I was returning from the airport, it didn't work and toll booth attendant said it was blacklisted, I guess due to insufficient balance.
The last I checked, it had 165, but I guess 100 needs to kept as minimum.

Now when I try recharging it, it says failure. Do I need to contact them or wait before I try again?
The issue was with Citibank debit card I was using. I had called support and they had get few calls with the same issue. Tried another card and it recharged the tag.
Old 26th December 2017, 08:23   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I think the systems are still not very stable and these problems should be sorted out. They are at least generous enough to not bother fastag holders for their system problems by letting them go.
Coincidentally just got to read this article. What I suspected (letting commuters go if tag doesn't work) seems to be done as a policy. The article says such policy is to be introduced though in reality this is already happening. In the journey mentioned in above post 3 out of 10 times it failed and I was allowed to go free of charge.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62246079.cms

Last edited by mayuresh : 26th December 2017 at 08:25.
Old 26th December 2017, 08:38   #2044
BHPian

Can I buy a fast tag at toll plaza's from my father in laws vehicle with my KYC documents?
If yes what are the documents that I need to carry other than Registration Certificate.
I am planning to take his car to native tomorrow and was told fast tag can be bought over at Vaikundam toll plaza (after Salem) office?

Cheers!
Old 26th December 2017, 09:45   #2045
BHPian

Hello friends, I have an ICICI fasttag which I have been using for close to 3 months. How do I get cash back for this tag?
Old 26th December 2017, 10:06   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The issue was with Citibank debit card I was using. I had called support and they had get few calls with the same issue. Tried another card and it recharged the tag.
I too had a recharge issue in Equitas while using credit cards. Tried with a Citi(Mastercard) and an SC(Visa) one and both failed. Finally recharged using netbanking. Amex is not supported.
Are others facing recharge issue using credit card in Equitas?
Old 26th December 2017, 10:32   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Would like to share some experiences from my Pune - Tithal - Pune journey with Paytm Fastag.

- Firstly (wrote this before on this thread) Paytm is cheating by adding Rs 150 to your fastag wallet as reserved fund, since you can never use that amount. They should rather be up front in declaring their cost Rs 150 higher. Wrote to paytm to no avail. Wrote to NHAI officer who advised to file a pgportal complaint, which I shall be doing soon.

-
I dont know the exact charges involved in Paytm-Fastag, but icici fastag block Rs.200 as security deposit and another Rs.200 is the minimum balance. This is probably because there is a time lag between our passing the Toll and reduction of the balance. If that Rs.150 is refundable then it should not be an issue.
Old 26th December 2017, 10:58   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Can I buy a fast tag at toll plaza's from my father in laws vehicle with my KYC documents?
ICICI didn't allow me to do that. The car was registered in my wife's name, so they insisted on KYC docs of my wife.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:41   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTag experience:

Had ordered my tag from Paytm earlier this month and tested it out during my drive to Bangalore. Should say it worked effortlessly and did shave off few minutes.

Some observations:
1) Onward journey was relatively smooth except for BETL and Attibele. Even the FASTag lane was crowded here.
2) 90% of users were heavy vehicles and that slowed the cars a bit.
3) All had dedicated FASTag lanes but in Attibele many non-tag users tried to use this lane.
4) The guards did a good job in blocking the lane. They even close the lane each time a vehicle enters the lane. You can see that in my video (they close it even when I flash the lights).
5) The SMS took around 10-15 mins but was able to see the deductions in the Paytm passbook instantly.
6) I had maintained a balance of 1500/- each time I started the journey. I did read some BHPians comments on the tag being blacklisted due to low balance.

Here are the videos. Kindly excuse the audio and video stability .

Cochin to Bangalore:

1. Thrissur

2. Walayar

3. Chengapalli

4. Kumarapalayam

5. Salem

6. Omallur

7. Thoppur

Offered a lift to a cop as he was getting late for his duty. Here's the screen grab . He offered me a free pass at Krishnagiri toll asking me to take the VIP lane. A good gesture from him. On talking with him during the drive, I asked about something that's discussed a lot on TBHP - the barricades. He said it's here to stay but have reduced the number.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20171221141432.jpg

8. Krishnagiri

No video as I didn't use FASTag and used the VIP lane.

9. Attibele

10. BETL

Bangalore to Cochin:

1. BETL

The FASTag lane was too crowded thanks to the bottleneck at the end of the elevated highway. But was faster than other lanes.

2. Attibele

3. Krishnagiri

4. Thoppur

5. Omallur

6. Salem

7. Kumarapalayam

8. Chengapalli

9. Walayar

10. Thrissur

Last edited by naveen.raju : 26th December 2017 at 11:43.
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 12:06   #2050
BHPian

Was searching for a way to find out the toll roads on maps, came across this.
http://tis.nhai.gov.in/tollplazasonmap?language=en wonderful resource.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20171226-12.05.17-pm.png  

aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 12:32   #2051
Senior - BHPian

I rarely need it but I bought a Fastag as an impulse buy after reading few posts in this thread.

I bought it through paytm. This was as easy as buying a mobile case from amazon (amazon fulfilled).

14-Dec-2017 - Bought Fastag
15-Dec-2017 - Got SMS to upload RC copy (No other KYC required because I had done KYC with paytm a couple of years ago).
20-Dec-2017 - Got SMS/email that it has been shipped.
21-Dec-2017 - Got Fastag.

I have not used it so far but I will update this thread once I use it in first week of January.

I need to know if I add money to the Fastag account, can I transfer back the left over money to my regular paytm wallet?
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:48   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

I need to know if I add money to the Fastag account, can I transfer back the left over money to my regular paytm wallet?
PayTM always maintains a Rs150 balance in the Fastag account.

Everytime the Fastag is used, toll money automatically gets deducted from PayTM wallet and transfers to Fastag account.

There is no intervention required from our side except to keep PayTM wallet sufficiently loaded.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:53   #2053
Distinguished - BHPian

Forgot to add this image. This was taken from the Paytm passbook. Shows some useful information like FASTag lane number, rate etc.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_4.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
You can't add money to your FASTag wallet. 150 will be reserved there. You just need to add money to your Paytm wallet and toll amount will be deducted from here. It will look like this:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_5.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 14:21   #2054
Senior - BHPian

FasTag experiences on the Kerala trip during X'Mas 2017.
1. At Thoppur toll too there was a long line of vehicles, but the sentry manning the FasTag lane was strict. Due to which we managed to cross this toll booth in 3-4 mins. There was a scorpio ahead of us driven by an old gent; extremely rash which made me feel like he really was making a dash to a toilet. At Thoppur our man landed up in a long queue, while FasTag helped us.

2. Omalur toll booth was also another beauty. The FasTag lane had around 12-13 cars ahead of me, and I was not very pleased. But lo & behold, every single car had a working FastTag and within 2-3 mins, I was out of that queue as well. I used this incident to convince wifey of the devices like FasTag and automation.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:40   #2055
BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514354939.474179.jpg

Had updated the aadhaar a few days back, now seems this has to be done before 31st, good thing is the branch is very near to my home

Most Viewed