Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 17:22   #2251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Is it the same or are you talking about a different registration process. I received my tag in 3 days after the filling of the online form.
The same registration process. Just called their toll free helpline. They have technical issues on the registration link.
Hopefully will get rectified by 6PM. Otherwise, have to mail the details at Fastag.upload@paytm.com
Old 29th January 2018, 20:11   #2252
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

I am a ICICI Fastag user. I recently discovered that my cashbacks have not come as expected. For 44 trips in total in one year, I only got roughly Rs40 as cashback.

The representative tells me that " Sir aapko Khalapur toll ka cashback nahi milega" since its not a National highway, this from a guy whose callcentre is situated in Mumbai itself

Ofcourse it was escalated and he came back to his senses.
Recently during my Gujrat Trip, Rs 175 and Rs 260 got deducted for no apparent reason. This got deducted in addition to normal toll of Rs 60 and 85.

FASTAG is becoming a pain to use anyways since the number of gates are just 1 or 2 and mostly occupied by long line of trucks.
I feel they should keep a dedicated Fasttag lane for cars and light vehicles.

Last edited by silverado : 29th January 2018 at 20:12.
Old 29th January 2018, 20:23   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
FASTAG is becoming a pain to use anyways since the number of gates are just 1 or 2 and mostly occupied by long line of trucks.
I feel they should keep a dedicated Fasttag lane for cars and light vehicles.
That's quite different from what I get to see over here in North India. The main reason why I applied for one is that the Fast Tag lanes over here are monitored by a guard who only allows Fast Tag vehicles to enter apart from exempt vehicles which makes for a quick getaway at usually full toll plazas. I am yet to experience that but my friend who started using it a couple of months ago swears by it and how using a Fasttag shaves off half an hour of his bi-weekly runs from Chandigarh to Delhi.
Old 31st January 2018, 08:01   #2254
Distinguished - BHPian

Received the cashback yesterday for the month of December (7.5%). So looks like it takes exactly one month for the cashback to reflect.
Old 31st January 2018, 11:10   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
The main reason why I applied for one is that the Fast Tag lanes over here are monitored by a guard who only allows Fast Tag vehicles to enter apart from exempt vehicles which makes for a quick getaway at usually full toll plazas
It was the same here also in south earlier. Once popularity of tags increased, many of the toll booths have closed the Fastag lane or made it as dual use, hence you need to wait in queue along with all other cars and wait your turn.

Only advantage, no cash transactions.

Bangalore - Hubli Fastag update

Onward - Jan 26
Return Jan 28

All toll booths enroute apart from Hubli bye-pass (which is not Fastag enabled- Rs 67) accepted Fastag.

Faced issue during onward drive for Bankapur toll, the problem child on this route.

They have a dedicated fastag lane, however doesn't have any mounted RFID readers. Instead, they use a manual scanner. This guy comes over, scans my tag for couple of times and declares that its invalid.

I show him SMS on my phone from all booths till there from Bangalore asking how come it deducted fine till here and only here its facing the issue. This forces him to scan couple of times more and he mentions that its not working still and was asking if I received an SMS.

I told SMS may come bit late and I won't pay. All this while, the guy seated inside the booth was asking me to proceed after opening the barrier. So I proceeded and then some 10 mins later got a debit SMS (Yes, thankfully only one till now).

On return, saw two trucks stuck in Fastag lane and the lane closed, pulled in to lane next to that and made out that the truck guy was refusing to pay since his tag was not detected. Now, I pull up in next lane and ask for manual scanner. They leave the truck guy there, come to my lane and scan works fine.

So, its a combination of moody scanner and lack of interest in implementation I guess.

For rest of tolls, apart from one it was NOT dedicated lane. Also, saw RFID readers installed in all the lanes in most of the tolls. In-fact I don't recollect any toll not having that. So, again its a good cashless initiative. Time savings may be not that much.
Old 31st January 2018, 11:44   #2256

In a recent 2000km trip, I figured out it's not always fasttag lane that's the fastest. Now with many trucks and government (APSRTC - Andhra Pradesh) buses using fasttag, it's often the case that the manual toll booths are free (because they are 3-4 in number) and the fasttag lane has a queue of 3-4 vehicles. So these days, as I approach the toll booth, I make a decision on whether to take the fasttag lane or the normal one depending on the queue sizes for each lane.

There are also issues with deduction of right amount in the case of a double/return toll. If a one side toll ticket is Rs 35 and two-way is Rs 50 (within the 24 hour duration), then fasttag should deduct Rs 35 on the first entry, and Rs 15 (instead of Rs 35) on the return entry.

But that doesn't always work that way with fasttag.

I have used both of paytm and Equitas and the return toll deduction was sometimes correct and sometimes incorrect on both of paytm and Equitas. Had to followup with customer care to get the amount rectified.

Not worthy of all the hassle. So I skip the fasttag lane when I know I will return in the same route on the same day.

Last edited by saitanay : 31st January 2018 at 12:00.
saitanay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 20:54   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My last 2-3 tickets were closed in quick time including this one.
Surprisingly my latest ticket for this issue is closed and I got refund.
The old ticket raised last year June is still open
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:35   #2258
Senior - BHPian

My fast tag password has expired and there doesn't seem to be an option to reset it.
I tried the forgot password option and created a new password as well which didn't work.

It looks like their call center is not 24/7 either.
Anyone has experienced this?
Old 1st February 2018, 10:19   #2259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Surprisingly my latest ticket for this issue is closed and I got refund.
The old ticket raised last year June is still open
Better to forget the old tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My fast tag password has expired and there doesn't seem to be an option to reset it.
I tried the forgot password option and created a new password as well which didn't work.

It looks like their call center is not 24/7 either.
Anyone has experienced this?
I faced this issue long time back and forgot password link didn't help as well. Later I took assistance from their customer support to reset the password.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 21:40   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I bought paytm fastag via Paytm mall on 12 Jan. The expected delivery date was 01 Feb but the tag has not even been dispatched. Call to their customer care has not yielded any results. Any pointers?
Old 2nd February 2018, 07:52   #2261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Folks, I bought paytm fastag via Paytm mall on 12 Jan. The expected delivery date was 01 Feb but the tag has not even been dispatched. Call to their customer care has not yielded any results. Any pointers?
Did you get the SMS asking you to upload the RC book? Also, any progress in the order tracking page? If there isnt any progress after your purchase, then there is a problem. Their customer support isnt very responsive but I guess there are alternate numbers somewhere in this thread. Maybe Suhas can help you out.
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:44   #2262
Team-BHP Support

Had a chance to use Fastag on my trip to Goa over the Republic day long weekend. Quick thoughts on toll by toll use:

Pune - Goa

- Khed Shivapur (Pune outskirts): Couldn't use since Fastag line was longer than all other windows and was full of trucks. Paid cash at adjacent window and moved on.

- Anewadi (Satara): Dedicated Fastag lane permitted non-Fastag users and had a longer queue since there were trucks with a tag as well. Paid cash.

- Tasawade (Karad) And Kini - Dedicated and barricaded lane. Opened by a guard only upon pointing to the tag stuck on the windscreen.

- Kognoli (Karnataka border): All lanes accept tags although they do have a lane marked for Fastag. Overall the booth has much smaller queues compared to MH. Toll booth is better organized.

Return Trip

- Except for Satara booth could use the tag at all toll booths. Anewadi toll has a marked Fastag lane but permits non Fastag users as well.

Overall, the tag did seem to help save atleast 30 minutes of travel time each way. Normally spend 5-10 minutes per booth when paying cash. Tag facilitated at the most 2-3 minutes of pass through.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:50   #2263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
All lanes accept tags although they do have a lane marked for Fastag. Overall the booth has much smaller queues compared to MH. Toll booth is better organized.
This has been the case since last few months across all the booths on NH4 till Bangalore, well almost!

They have incorporated Hybrid scanners in all lanes that you can get into any lane and still get through via FASTag due to the scanners.

The best testimony to this is at nights when I drove recently from Aurangabad where all lanes moved faster because most buses and trucks had tags. It wouldn't be the same otherwise.

I hope that the dedicated FASTag system is completely abolished given the fact that these days there are a lot of tag users and having just one lane for them is utter useless when you can notice cash lanes have less than 2-3 vehicles (against at least 10 on FASTag lane).

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd February 2018 at 08:53.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:53   #2264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

They have incorporate Hybrid scanners in all lanes that you can get into any lane and still get through via FASTag due to the scanners.
You mean they have scanners at all windows in Khed Shivapur and Anewadi toll? I asked them if they accept fastags at the booth and he specifically said I should be at the other booth. On the Mumbai Pune expressway, I could use the tag at all booths.
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:56   #2265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
You mean they have scanners at all windows in Khed Shivapur and Anewadi toll? I asked them if they accept fastags at the booth and he specifically said I should be at the other booth. On the Mumbai Pune expressway, I could use the tag at all booths.
Not at Khedshivpur and Anewadi but Taswade and Kini Yes.

Again, Kognoli too has Hybrid scanner, since I passed this booth through a lane next to FASTag as the very dedicated lane was closed.

The Chalageri and Hebbalu booths near Davanagere, Karjeevahanalli & Gullalu near Chitradurga; All these booths have hybrid scanners now and the dedicated lanes are now closed at Chalageri and Heballu, permanently!

The Mumbai-Pune expressway however I know has limited lanes that accept FASTag and that has been painful too.

Few scenes below from Kognoli and Hattarigi where all lanes are FASTag:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll-2.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll-1.jpg

Notice how FASTag lane is closed in both the cases but I passed the lane next to it without paying cash and via FASTag only.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd February 2018 at 08:59. Reason: Added images
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed