Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 05:15   #2296
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

When do we get the cashback on paytm fastag?
Old 6th February 2018, 07:44   #2297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
You should be getting it in a month. Atleast that's what few of us have noticed. I got mine few weeks back.
Old 6th February 2018, 09:36   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You should be getting it in a month. Atleast that's what few of us have noticed. I got mine few weeks back.
I found similar timelines for ICICI Tag as well. With such a delayed time period one usually forgets about these things and particularly someone like me who isn't good with these follow ups etc - it also translates to missing out on the cash back if ICICI for some reason doesn't give. That said, I believe these are system driven, which should have improved now and these should come on its own. May be these folks do monthly reconciliation.

Do we have any Bhpian who is associated with how these work operationally? This will be interesting to know. Apologies if these are already discussed in the previous posts.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 17:47   #2299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Do we have any Bhpian who is associated with how these work operationally? This will be interesting to know. Apologies if these are already discussed in the previous posts.
IIRC, there's a BHPian working for some bank where he's handling the FASTag section. I think he introduced himself sometime ago. You may have to scroll few pages back to get him.
Old 6th February 2018, 17:59   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You do not need to fill and send it again. In the App, the tag should show as 'Active'. If it is in 'Inactive' state then you cannot start using it. Normally it should change to 'Active' within a couple of days of receipt of tag. But this depends on luck. For me it took multiple follow ups and re-upload of the RC to get it active.
I found the 'Manage Fastags' page in the app after your reply, the tag is marked 'Active'.

Thanks!!
Old 6th February 2018, 18:03   #2301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I received the same after about a month, was surprised at first since i forgot there was cash back in the first place But very efficient system, overall am very very impressed with Paytm Fastag would definitely recommend to anyone.
Old 6th February 2018, 19:01   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
There was a lot of traffic on toll today and while waiting in fastag lane, the reader detected my tag while I was still 3 cars away.

And when I reached the point the gates did not open. So moved to cash lane and paid the cash, and on reaching home got the sms that the fastag toll has been deducted. So effectively one car went the tag lane for free while I paid twice.
What I also noticed last Saturday is that the Tag lane person (at the lane entry) now lets you in after a car has been 'read' for the RFID. I saw this in practice at Panipat and Karnal Toll booths. May be this is a good, less costly, workaround to the issue.
Old 6th February 2018, 19:27   #2303
Senior - BHPian

This is for all those using Mumbai - Pune expressway and using Fasttag.
I have been told by their ( ICICI ) support that above is not a National Highway and hence any travel on that is not eligible for cashback.

NH4 has been renamed as NH48 it seems. So its the old Mumbai-Pune highway which is eligible for cashbacks.
Old 6th February 2018, 20:06   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

NH4 has been renamed as NH48 it seems. So its the old Mumbai-Pune highway which is eligible for cashbacks.
Didn't really bother to check if the cash back is provided for Mum-Pune Eway. However, the old road doesn't have fast equipped toll booths. If you find that you are not getting cash back for Eway, next time just get into cash lane and tell them you have fastag. When they say to goto to other lane, tell that since cash transactions are allowed in the dedicated lane, you though its the same.

After 5 mins of banter, they'll either A. let you go for free or B. ask the crowd behind you to reverse and make you go in the Tag lane. Option B is highly unlikely.
Old 7th February 2018, 04:23   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
There was no such mention on the portal I used to upload the info - register-fastag.paytm.com. Where did you get this info from?
There was a mail from Paytm after I bought the fastag in the Paytm app. Somebody had called me and then this mail.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_201802070418571.jpg  

Old 7th February 2018, 07:32   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
What I also noticed last Saturday is that the Tag lane person (at the lane entry) now lets you in after a car has been 'read' for the RFID. I saw this in practice at Panipat and Karnal Toll booths. May be this is a good, less costly, workaround to the issue.
I have been seeing this for quite sometime now. I faced that issue despite of this practice.

Basically my FASTAG had been read from 4 cars behind. But the tag operator could not make out the exact car whose tag was read. He obviously thought the first car was the one. So he allowed the first car to pass through.
Old 7th February 2018, 09:03   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
I have been seeing this for quite sometime now. I faced that issue despite of this practice.

Basically my FASTAG had been read from 4 cars behind. But the tag operator could not make out the exact car whose tag was read. He obviously thought the first car was the one. So he allowed the first car to pass through.
It can't happen at Karnal and Panipat tolls as described by Traveller Nayak above. What they do is not allow a second car to enter the lane while another vehicle is occupying a lane. They stop you at the beginning of the lane, which is a good 15-20 car lengths away from the RFID reader. So no chance of misreading of a tag in how they allow the vehicles to pass.
Old 7th February 2018, 12:30   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
There was a mail from Paytm after I bought the fastag in the Paytm app. Somebody had called me and then this mail.
The same happened with me as well, wherein I got a call with a request to send my RC to this email address. However, no specific format was specified. Anyways, have applied again - if they do the same mess up this time as well, will try ICICI.
Old 7th February 2018, 19:40   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Today i got the FASTag from ICICI for my new EcoSport. It was super smooth and completely hassle free process once again.

Flashback : I was the very first person to receive FASTag back in mid 2015 for my i20. At that time many people including Toll plazas didn't knew what is a FASTag when NHAI launched it as pilot project. At that time it was even difficult to find a contact person & number and I had to chase people in Chennai Ambattur ICICI and get some contact in Bangalore bought the very first tag. Once the contact was established, it was quite smooth process with ICICI though people were still figuring out and learning things overall. As the FASTag became more beneficial in my first trip itself saving lot of time, i shared the contact with few of my team bhp friends Ampere, NPV, mpksuhas, J.Ravi and few others. They also got the tag over time and

Fast Forward to 2018, it is now super smooth process. Just a phone call and the person collected the vehicle documents (because my customer ID and KYC were still compliant with ICICI) and transferred Rs. 600/- via NEFT. That's it. Got the tag in hand in a week's time. However, though we still save time in toll queues but it was not as much as earlier. Too many vehicles (including big trucks and buses) now have FASTag which is a good thing, but the discipline to get in dedicated lane itself is becoming pain. Now the onus is
on NHAI to instruct the toll contractors to have dedicated lanes for cars and trucks separately to make it more efficient. Otherwise, the value is diminishing over time.

Seriously ICICI made the process very simple as it can be and on top of it, their website is simply awesome to use that gives all required details.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 21:12   #2310
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days ago I saw a brand new car (I think it was my neighbour's Wagon R) and it had a Fastag on the Windshield. Have manufacturer's started fixing Fastags to new vehicles?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks